Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Countersunk Shiftknobs

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 09:46 AM
Countersunk Shiftknobs

Does anyone know of any that will work with our Fits? I remember when I owned my s2k that the voodoo knobs were countersunk and look nice. Rick's Team Voodoo Shift Knobs There the site to them. Will those work? If not does anyone know of any other countersunk knobs?

Old 12-22-2008, 10:05 AM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
^
yeah man they will work no problem
i bought a bunch of stuff from rick's when i had my s2k

at the bottom of the page it says for all other cars click "HERE"
it'll take you to the page where you can buy the voodoo knobs for all hondas/acuras
they're like 40 bucks i think

i like rick's knobs i was thinking about picking one up or the honda oem ti knob
both of them are great

as far as countersunk i'm not sure the T1R ones are? but they cost a whole lot more

-Ricky

Old 12-22-2008, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GD3-Fit
^
yeah man they will work no problem
i bought a bunch of stuff from rick's when i had my s2k

at the bottom of the page it says for all other cars click "HERE"
it'll take you to the page where you can buy the voodoo knobs for all hondas/acuras
they're like 40 bucks i think

i like rick's knobs i was thinking about picking one up or the honda oem ti knob
both of them are great

as far as countersunk i'm not sure the T1R ones are? but they cost a whole lot more

-Ricky
what makes the T1R knob not counter sunk? We're talking about the round ball(ARC) look one right? not the egg shape. I thought just being a round ball and being physicall shorter than lets say a skunk2 knob makes it countersunk no? correct me if im wrong. but yeah ive been thinking about picking up that T1R knob.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:50 PM
I thought by counter sunk it means the thread goes deeper so it sits lower...

Old 12-22-2008, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NBPturtle
I thought by counter sunk it means the thread goes deeper so it sits lower...
Oh really? well that would make more sense. I thought it was because the knob itself being a ball shape is just physically shorter than an egg shape shifter. haha.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:54 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
yeah it threads more = sits lower

i think that rick's countersunk for 40 bucks is your best bet mane ^.^

Old 12-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Yeah I think the next thing to do will be Voodoo Knob and a new shift boot

Old 12-22-2008, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GD3-Fit
yeah it threads more = sits lower

i think that rick's countersunk for 40 bucks is your best bet mane ^.^
but i noticed on the voodoo knobs how its not a complete round ball, it has the little extension coming out of the bottom of it. wouldnt that prevent it from threading down lower than it would if it were just a complete sphere shape? and with the extra thread in the counter sunk you could only go so low until you hit the little notch thingy on the shifter right?

Last edited by AnlDyxp_GD3; 12-22-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by AnlDyxp_GD3
but i noticed on the voodoo knobs how its not a complete round ball, it has the little extension coming out of the bottom of it. wouldnt that prevent it from threading down lower than it would if it were just a complete sphere shape? and with the extra thread in the counter sunk you could only go so low until you hit the little notch thingy on the shifter right?

Yeah I notice that to and was kind of like eh...but I think it will be fine. Only reason I didnt like it was because its going to be visible since the stock shift boot dosnt come all the way up unless you have a mugen short shifter.

Old 12-22-2008, 02:48 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
or t1r short shifter

Old 12-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Im already regretting the H-fit

Old 12-22-2008, 03:41 PM
I love the Skunk short shifter kit, and I have a Spoon Knob. Maybe you can give a try when you come down.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Skunk2 and H-fit are similar, no? Or does the skunk2 change the height of the shifter

Old 12-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by NBPturtle
Skunk2 and H-fit are similar, no? Or does the skunk2 change the height of the shifter
Skunk changes the height ever so slightly.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
I don't know if the T1R is but the J's titanium shift knob sits reaaaalllly low. I use a Mugen Short Shifter. It sits lower as a combo together now.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:55 PM
I had a ricks knob on my S2000 and it was the best investment ive made to date.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
the Greddy counterweighted knob is a countersunk knob. The threads go all the way to the top of the knob, and includes 3 different color caps. I have it, and it's excellent! Great looking, heavy, and countersunk. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
the t1r knob is countersunk...as low as any knob can go. the threading goes almost all teh way through the knob...however, it is a small knob. the pictures ive seen never have anything next to the knob to reference the size...and wheni received mine, i was suprised....its maybe only 1.25" round...but i got used to it and am very happy.

if your looking for somthing that fits a little more full in your hand and is countersunk, look at either twm performance...they have some VERY nice countersunk and heavy weighted knobs(search forums for discount codes...they are always having a sale from there $80+ pricing), or as already mentiones, ricks are very nice as well.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NIGHTHAWKSI
the t1r knob is countersunk...as low as any knob can go. the threading goes almost all teh way through the knob...however, it is a small knob. the pictures ive seen never have anything next to the knob to reference the size...and wheni received mine, i was suprised....its maybe only 1.25" round...but i got used to it and am very happy.

if your looking for somthing that fits a little more full in your hand and is countersunk, look at either twm performance...they have some VERY nice countersunk and heavy weighted knobs(search forums for discount codes...they are always having a sale from there $80+ pricing), or as already mentiones, ricks are very nice as well.
thanks for the info dude. Ive been looking at alot of countersunk knobs too, but they always look freaking huge in the pictures. And ive been wanting the T1R knob, i like the whole blue-ish purple-ish thing it has going on(and its cheaper than J's or ARC). Now i need to decide whether to get the T1R or the Blitz knob. I dont think the Blitz one is countersunk, and its not weighted either. But it looks cool

Old 12-23-2008, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member
maybe ill go take a pic for reference next to a dollar or somthing. at first i was a little disappointed, but it has definatly grown on me and i like the way it fits in my hand.

i also should point out that since the diameter is small and it doesnt have a"neck" on it, there is part of the shift lever that is shown (1/2") between the shift knob and rubber boot.

EDIT:
i just realized i have the arc shift knob, lol...not the t1r. but i think they are VERY similar....t1r copies there designs from other manufacturers with some products...and i think the t1r knob is a copy of the arc knob.

Last edited by NIGHTHAWKSI; 12-23-2008 at 12:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Countersunk Shiftknobs