Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Avital vs. Viper alarm/keylessentry/remote starter systems

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by AnlDyxp_GD3
I've been looking at the Viper 350 alarm system all morning, and it looks promising for my base model. I'll probably pick it up from best buy. As for the remote starter, im indifferent about it. I heard they make you sign a waiver or something or they just dont install it if your car is manual just incase you remote start it in 1st gear. lol. But i would only find remote start useful if you lived in the cold and wanted to warm up the car, other than that its just a "cool" thing i suppose.
Well, it depends on the installer (the shop), some, they just don't know how to:
1. bypass the safety input for the alarm,
2. bypass the clutch (newer cars will only start if the clutch pedal is pressed), or
3. probably you are right, they don't want to do it because of the safety issue (starting the car while the car is on gear). <<<<< for me, this is not a reasonable excuse because first, the owner of the car should know what would happen if the engine was started while the car was on gear. Second, they could have the owner of the car signed an agreement that saying "the shop will not responsible if "the first situation" happened". Third, they make more money on the installation then the sale.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Dayak Man
Well, it depends on the installer (the shop), some, they just don't know how to:
1. bypass the safety input for the alarm,
2. bypass the clutch (newer cars will only start if the clutch pedal is pressed), or
3. probably you are right, they don't want to do it because of the safety issue (starting the car while the car is on gear). <<<<< for me, this is not a reasonable excuse because first, the owner of the car should know what would happen if the engine was started while the car was on gear. Second, they could have the owner of the car signed an agreement that saying "the shop will not responsible if "the first situation" happened". Third, they make more money on the installation then the sale.
yeah, i dont think the remote start is very practical unless you have use for it. and that would mean you couldnt leave it in gear if you were parked on a hill, just incase you forget and press the remote start. A friend of my friend has a super decked out scion TC, and tried to be cool...just to end up chasing after the car across the parking lot, than it went up a curb. LOL