Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

6channel interconnects...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
6channel interconnects...

Monster Performance Car - Monster 306 XLN® Audio Interconnect (6-Channel)

I am wondering if these are as good as the hype says they are?

Currently I'm using the ones from Bestbuy's

Rockford Fosgate - 16' Twisted Pair RCA Cable - RFI-16

Broken the heads of them they are so tight, been using a screw driver to pry them off when I remove my head unit from the car when I need to have my spare tire in place.

If monster isn't the best I can use, what other brands/products could I use.

Please note I'm trying to use as little space going from the HU to the trunk's amp box.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
I always think Monster is overpriced. That is a few years old information and I hope things have changed. IMHO, as long as the RCA cable is a good quality cable, I can't really tell the difference. Have you looked at streetWires?

Old 10-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Monster is radically overpriced. when I worked at Best Bu we used to get stuff at an 80% discount. In my fit and my wife's beetle I ran alpine type-R interconnects and the also have the hercules grip problem.

the truth of it is, any twisted pair RCA will do. a shielded twisted pair will oyl really help with ignition noise, which you can't get from direct ignition systems like all Hondas now have anyways

Old 10-10-2008, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
wonder what that whine is coming from then...

and I have the twisted pair, but I don't think they are shielded. the kind I have are just like the ones i mentioned, but the black ones (with a white stripe through them).

I'll look into my problem.

running the power cable with the RCA's really sucks, but it's the little time I had, and the amount of work I was unable to complete due to the fact I have no carport/driveway/garage to do my sound proofing and wiring...

Old 10-10-2008, 09:53 PM
re-run the RCA's down the other side of the car. same for speaker wires.

Old 10-11-2008, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
I'm gonna write up a new thread with my diagram on how things are wired up currently, and how I plan on doing things for future reference.

would be easier than 4 threads of ideas and questions I have,

Old 10-17-2008, 04:08 AM
5 Year Member
Injundon is right on 2 fronts. First of all, if you're running your power wires right next to your unshielded twisted-pair signal wires, you're bound to pick up some interference from the large amount of current being sent through your power wires. Heck, even a shielded twisted-pair wouldn't eliminate much (or possibly any) of that. Power to your amp down one side of the car, signal and speaker wires down the other. Otherwise you're asking for that kind of intereference.

Secondly he's right about Monster being wildly over-priced...I mean, beyond the ridiculous markup on "throw away" electronics. As a sales rep for a major manufacturer of audio cabling for the music industry for 5 1/2 years, I can speak from first-hand knowledge. Monster has a notorious reputation as being pretty much on par with the quality of what you could pick up at just about any radio shack, except in a prettier package. In fact, they bank on selling most of their product on asthetic value alone. If it's in a nicer package, LOOKS better and costs more, it must be better, right? That's how they sell their $150 Home Entertainment cabling setup that comes in its own aluminum briefcase-style box. lol