Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Dash kits!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Dash kits!

So I'm wondering if anyone has pics of a complete interior/exterior on a Fit. Here's what I'm talking about:

This is calling me, in this color:

Priced out to about $450. Found on this site:
Honda Dash Kits | Honda Dash Trim | Honda Wood Dash Kit | Honda Wood Dash Trims | Flat, Molded, Carbon Fiber Dash Kits

I'm thinking it would look completely badass, not sure about the exterior though? Maybe I should just go straight red, not CF..

Old 09-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Cf?

Is that a CF kit. A thread by cuteboi had some Cf that was gorgeous but buying it one piece at a time is cost prohibitive. I know I'm getting redundant but COST/BENEFIT is it worth it? If the kit was of the quality displayed in cuteboi's thread then it would be worth it!

Old 09-13-2008, 07:30 PM
samples

I'm a bit anal about details on the fit. They will sell samples of the product so you don't have to commit without some samples in your hand. They didn't have purple but that's OK. It's still a pretty cool idea at a reasonable price!

Old 09-13-2008, 07:40 PM
I would think it's got quality, I mean the site is called dash kit specialties. I'm sure it's not shitty. I'm debating between getting it now or waiting and keeping my schedule as planned lol I keep veering off the path and buying shit I didn't mean to yet!

Old 09-13-2008, 08:25 PM
checkout aisle.

Originally Posted by trancedsailor
I would think it's got quality, I mean the site is called dash kit specialties. I'm sure it's not shitty. I'm debating between getting it now or waiting and keeping my schedule as planned lol I keep veering off the path and buying shit I didn't mean to yet!
I got laid off 3 months ago and had MAJOR, and I mean MAJOR, shoulder surgery 3 weeks ago. I can't even drive my MT (right arm gone) fit and yet I'm on the internet with my left hand shopping for Fit accessories. It's hard not acting like a spoiled child crying to Mommy in the checkout aisle for that shiny Fti accessory that you totally do not need. I've got no business whatsoever buying anything frivolous but dreaming is all I've got right now. Just try to be careful about your purchases. I like that this company will send samples but that doesn't tell you how well that they'll fit.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:38 PM
I am an impulse buyer. I'm a Pisces too which says I'm a dreamer lol. I'm sorry about your surgery. It's amazing that you can't drive right now but still want to find cool stuff for the car when will you heal up?

Old 09-13-2008, 09:29 PM
3 weeks

I am an impulse buyer. I'm a Pisces too which says I'm a dreamer lol. I'm sorry about your surgery. It's amazing that you can't drive right now but still want to find cool stuff for the car when will you heal up?
It's about 3 weeks before I can move it at all. It's ironic because I had to order and wait for an MT fit and now I'm driving my Mom's 92 Cutlass Supreme.

Back on topic. I'd like to see pictures of some individual peices from this kit. If you've seen cuteboi's thread (I'll try and find it) the CF armrests look like they could go into the Smithsonian! This kit almost sounds too inexpensive. You get what you pay for and The material the stuff is made of is only half the game. How perfectly does it fit? How's it attached? Will it come off cleanly if it sucks? I ask too many questions but the time to ask is before you purchase.

Edit: Link to cuteboi's thread. This is the shit but I need to see it installed.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...finally-d.html

Not bad but not good a link to what the better business bureau has to say:

Spokane, WA: Check Out a Business or Charity

Essentially no data available. Noone's pissed but noone's thrilled either. Typically SUPER top notch business that want squeaky clean reviews will BE part of the BBB. It's not a deal killer yet.

Last edited by feddup; 09-13-2008 at 10:02 PM. Reason: add link syntax add another link
Old 09-14-2008, 12:25 AM
5 Year Member
That color would look cool, but if you buy the whole kit and install them all it might be a little overkill. I'd just install select pieces. Thats my .02

Old 09-14-2008, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member
lol impulse buyer, i'm glad you didn't impulsively trade MR headlights.. lol that would have been a disaster

if you do go though and get this you need to post like a million pictures, its not that bad of a price for a lot of pieces

Old 09-14-2008, 12:37 AM
$88

There's a 20 peice kit for $88 that would almost be worth trying as a test. I'm hurting for cash or I'd try it. The price is almost too low.

Old 09-14-2008, 03:58 AM
this looks interesting especially with a great selection of finishes. I was tempted to get the "brushed aluminum" finish until I checked out their installation guide.

The trim pieces are attached to the dash etc. via 3m tapes.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:39 AM
clean removal

Originally Posted by joquio
I checked out their installation guide.

The trim pieces are attached to the dash etc. via 3m tapes.
where is the installation guide? I was worried about clean removal (tape Goo).

Old 09-14-2008, 07:46 AM
yeah, looks like it will be sticky when it comes off. Could pose a problem if you ever get sick of it. I don't think I would though. I'll still keep this in mind.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Goo

yeah, looks like it will be sticky when it comes off. Could pose a problem if you ever get sick of it.
The "goo" isn't necessarily a deal breaker but the idea is worrisome. I might request material samples though and, of course, watch for fitfreaks who decide to become guinea pigs voluntarily.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
yeah that goo comes right off with Goo Gone, that stuff is awesome... buy a bottle, it will last you a few years

my brother would use it on violins to get all kinds of stuff off and it never hurt the finish

Old 09-14-2008, 12:55 PM
decent

Originally Posted by Fat Ping Cat
yeah that goo comes right off with Goo Gone, that stuff is awesome... buy a bottle, it will last you a few years

my brother would use it on violins to get all kinds of stuff off and it never hurt the finish
Hey that's a pretty superb endorsement. If people will trust their violins to it then it OUGHT to be gentle to the fit's interior. My fit's interior is PERFECT, I'm not joking, so I might buy some Goo gone and test it in a discreet area (test for colorfastness). These dash kits seem cool but, to me, it's like tattoos, If I can't reverse it then no way! Keep em!

Old 09-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Rod2Rice
That color would look cool, but if you buy the whole kit and install them all it might be a little overkill.
The FULL kit might well be overkill. Sort of like Peg Bundy with the full leopardskin outfit. I'd hate to have to wear dark shades inside my car!

Old 09-14-2008, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
i used goo gone to take off my emblem on the hatch, others used it on the pinstripe.. just don't let it sit for a long time... get the goo off then maybe use some soapy water and automotive plastic conditioner

Old 09-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Those look pretty nice and I've been looking at dash kits also. Was looking at the CF ones. Would love to see them installed on a Fit to decide for sure. Heck I have a lot of 3 M on my Fit and I just hope it continues to stick on for at least 5 years.

Cat :X

Old 05-07-2009, 02:14 PM
has anyone managed to find any other dealers with these? specifically in purple?

I got a kit from a guy on ebay and have had too many issues. It came as carbon fiber and most of the piece fit.....one part was broken and another just didn't have enough material cut away to maintain functionality. I repainted some of the pieces blue and the paint seemed to stick fine....but most people are telling me i should have went with purple (the fit i'm putting the kit on is a 08 BlkBryPrl M/T) and i painted the automatic transmission shifter plate purple (since I have manual and it got included in the kit anyway?) and brought it into the car to see how it'd look and i really like it.

the already painted pieces suck for retaking the purple paint, and i'm just wondering if there is any company out there that will do custom colors..... if not....i guess i'll just vacuform my own pieces in the basement....it looks like all these companies use ABS anyway.

Quick Reply: Dash kits!