Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Dash kits!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 04:59 PM
I love these! I plan on getting one of the dash kits, hopefully within the next month or so- not sure which color yet.

TrancedSailor, a bit of advice, shop around for the best price, some sites are cheaper than others, also some sites include slightly different pieces in their 'kit'. Based on what I've found, there seems to be two different companies that produce these and the adhesion approach is different on each. If I can find that info again I'll post it up later.

I'm not going to use every piece in the kit either, just select ones that will provide the most impact without overkill.
It is pricey, but its something I want.
I'm going on vacation next week, so I've got to wait to order my wheels and the dash kit until I get back.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I ordered the center console kit and did not use the entire kit. It was just a little too much. The material is good but it is a little fun to install using the glue sticks which dry out really fast. I have had no issues with it coming up or unstuck but I do like the way it looks on the center console and then I did the CF manifold cover to tie it in. I would love to get the CF but just to go around the door lock and window locks. I would get the dash kit so I could get the door pieces but I don't believe I would use all of the pieces in the kit.

Here is a picture:

Cat :x

Old 05-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Cat
I ordered the center console kit and did not use the entire kit. It was just a little too much. The material is good but it is a little fun to install using the glue sticks which dry out really fast. I have had no issues with it coming up or unstuck but I do like the way it looks on the center console and then I did the CF manifold cover to tie it in. I would love to get the CF but just to go around the door lock and window locks. I would get the dash kit so I could get the door pieces but I don't believe I would use all of the pieces in the kit.

Here is a picture:

Looks great Cat, I really like the CF. How are the edges and fitment?

Old 05-20-2009, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
Old 05-21-2009, 03:02 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
before you guys go stick some cutout CF's, might want to consider removing the bits and have it faux CF coated. ive seen some vendors at other sites that can do this.

those stick-on's are pretty tacky due to it being so damn thick.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:16 AM
This is what i've been looking for! just bought a 2nd hand 2005 honda jazz, and the dashboard surrounding the aircon vents in the middle, radio and knobs console need some repainting. Is there anyone here who knows any shops in the Philippines that specializes in this kind of work? thanks very much in advance! Kindly message me for any helpful info about this.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:32 AM
5 Year Member
i wanna get wood grains !

Old 08-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Guys, I have bought one of the wood grain ones, but I haven't installed mine yet. Been too busy. I'll post some pix when I get it done, but it'll be at least another 3 weeks before I can get to it.

Old 10-04-2009, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
I put this one in mine
Name:  100_6707.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  58.2 KB

Name:  100_6709.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  69.8 KB

Old 10-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
I finally found this on Ebay and thought I would give them a try. Carbon Fiber so have to wait and see if it matches the ones on my center console.

Will have to see how they look before they are stuck on! I will take off the chrome piece from Zeta around the gauges to replace with these. If anyone would like to have them - let me know - I hope to remove them without causing any breakage! If you have a GD3 and might be interested send me a private e-mail and I will send them to you for free as long as you are in the USA! First person to pm me can have them.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Well since you put it that way! Lets keep them in WV shall we? You have a PM. Oh BTW I don't see a gauge surround in the picture you posted, just a HVAC knob piece.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by grtpumpkin
Well since you put it that way! Lets keep them in WV shall we? You have a PM. Oh BTW I don't see a gauge surround in the picture you posted, just a HVAC knob piece.
Sorry - someone else e-mailed me before. I will keep you in mind if anything else gets changed out!

Old 10-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Cool, I'm not sure if the black carbon will stand out enough against all the OE plastic. But then again it will be very subtle like the rest of your car...

Old 10-21-2009, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by Firefly
I love these! I plan on getting one of the dash kits, hopefully within the next month or so- not sure which color yet.

TrancedSailor, a bit of advice, shop around for the best price, some sites are cheaper than others, also some sites include slightly different pieces in their 'kit'. Based on what I've found, there seems to be two different companies that produce these and the adhesion approach is different on each. If I can find that info again I'll post it up later.

I'm not going to use every piece in the kit either, just select ones that will provide the most impact without overkill.
It is pricey, but its something I want.
I'm going on vacation next week, so I've got to wait to order my wheels and the dash kit until I get back.
Great car! nice color! cool!

Old 11-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by CombatBaby
has anyone managed to find any other dealers with these? specifically in purple?

I got a kit from a guy on ebay and have had too many issues. It came as carbon fiber and most of the piece fit.....one part was broken and another just didn't have enough material cut away to maintain functionality. I repainted some of the pieces blue and the paint seemed to stick fine....but most people are telling me i should have went with purple (the fit i'm putting the kit on is a 08 BlkBryPrl M/T) and i painted the automatic transmission shifter plate purple (since I have manual and it got included in the kit anyway?) and brought it into the car to see how it'd look and i really like it.

the already painted pieces suck for retaking the purple paint, and i'm just wondering if there is any company out there that will do custom colors..... if not....i guess i'll just vacuform my own pieces in the basement....it looks like all these companies use ABS anyway.
Here it is! Check out the link, you'll definitely find what you're looking for in here

Old 11-28-2009, 11:12 AM
The dash kits are nice- I got one for my Ford Escape a few years ago. The material is rather thick & has rounded "bubble" edges.

Currently working with Rvinyl material on my Fit. I just received the brushed aluminum yesterday & looking at how to piece it in there. The material is very thin & they guarantee it for at least 5 years. Next will be the blue & maybe some black.
Rvinyl will cut out the dash kits for you & at a better price than the other sites...

Check out some of there applications at Rvinyl.com