Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Where have you mounted your Sat Radio Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 12:09 AM
Where have you mounted your Sat Radio Tuners

I am planning on installing a XM express ez tuner Monday, and am curious where those of you that have mounted tuners have located them at. (pics please) I really wanted to go with the Alpine direct connect setup from Audiovox, but was unable to get the drivers to download on 2 different operating systems. So now I have to run a tuner into my aux port of my Alpine.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by jvm051
I am planning on installing a XM express ez tuner Monday, and am curious where those of you that have mounted tuners have located them at. (pics please) I really wanted to go with the Alpine direct connect setup from Audiovox, but was unable to get the drivers to download on 2 different operating systems. So now I have to run a tuner into my aux port of my Alpine.
You can't just buy the Alpine tuner?
XM Direct 2 Alpine Car Kit Add XM Satellite Radio to your Alpine receiver at Crutchfield.com
I know Audiovox has manufactured the new XM Direct mini-tuner, but I won't buy an Audiovox product.

My XM Roady is mounted with a cup holder mount from Arkon.
XM Satellite Radio at MyRadioStore - Mounts & Brackets - Cup Holder Mounts - Arkon Cup Holder Pedestal
Pic tomorrow. As soon as I replace the head unit, (probably with a Pioneer) it's toast, though.

H

Old 09-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by Hogarth
You can't just buy the Alpine tuner?
XM Direct 2 Alpine Car Kit Add XM Satellite Radio to your Alpine receiver at Crutchfield.com
I know Audiovox has manufactured the new XM Direct mini-tuner, but I won't buy an Audiovox product.
Nevermind -- I just read the reviews at Crutchfield.
Well, at least go for the XpressRC

Old 09-01-2008, 08:58 PM
I tried the direct2 kit and had no luck with programming it. POS. The express EZ is not too bad for the price. I ended up mounting it by the aux input and ran it directly into the Alpine. Mounted the antenna on my dash and is working fine.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:08 AM
mounted behind the glovebox. Ra the antenna next to the factory one.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:49 PM
I have a Sirius Sportster and I mounted it in the space near the cup holders and the aux port. I bought a kit to hard wire it so I don't need to use the cig adapter. I ran the antenna wire under the carpet on the driver side up the molding in the door, I use a dash trim removal tool to sort of open up a crease between the dash and the side near the small window and dropped the antenna wire in there. The antenna is sitting right up against the front windshield under my inspection sticker. I haven't notice any difference in reception versus my Scion Xb that has the antenna mounted on the roof.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:05 PM
I got the Bracketron cup holder UV bracket.

Bracketron - Mobile Dock-It Universal Vehicle Cup-Holder Mount for Mobile Devices - Black - UCH-100

It works fairly well in the right-side cupholder with my XM Delphi