Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

works bell paddle shift kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 02:06 PM
works bell paddle shift kit

dont know if anyone has seen it yet, i didnt see anything on here about it...

i just visited works bell's site to check out their goods and either they make or they are making a paddle shifter kit for a/t fits so we can use aftermarket steering wheels. here is the link...

Works Bell -- USA | Paddle Shifter NEO

Old 08-30-2008, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
That looks so hawt... @_@

That would give me incentive to get aftermarket steering wheel... buahahha

Old 08-30-2008, 02:58 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
yea that is pretty badass! if i had an automatic, id deff get those.

Old 08-30-2008, 03:15 PM
its probably going to be pricey judging by the prices of all the other kits. but this item is just to legit to pass up. plus the idea of running a quick release and key lock sound really good to me right now. car theft is getting a bit stupid in my area.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member
would this kit work with say... a dc5-r wheel or any other jdm wheel that has cruise control? i like the si/type-r steering wheels, but didnt want to lose my paddle shifters...

Old 09-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Retired Moderator
Soooo sick.
Not cheap though lol.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by feared
would this kit work with say... a dc5-r wheel or any other jdm wheel that has cruise control? i like the si/type-r steering wheels, but didnt want to lose my paddle shifters...
im not to sure, i imagine it would. are stock honda wheels the 6 bolt pattern that most aftermarket wheels are?

Old 09-01-2008, 05:02 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
I saw this a while agou but since I dont have a sport auto I saw no need for this and if I did I would prolly be working on a way to shit the auto with some buttons or by making the paddles turn with the wheel like on some of the expensive supercars do

Old 09-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by HONDAJUNKIE
...some buttons or by making the paddles turn with the wheel like on some of the expensive supercars do
i think you might be mistaken, the stock paddles do turn with the wheel. unless you meant finding a way to make the paddles not turn with the wheel. but i think its kind of pointless to have that feature. in agressive driving in a front wheel drive car, especially one with such a lack of power like ours, you dont want to shift during your turn.

just brake, down shift, release, follow through, hit the apex, accelerate on exit. IMHO honda knew what they were doing when they mounted the paddles to the steering wheel because you shouldnt be shifting in the middle of a turn.

about the buttons, i do know that some auto fits come with buttones instead of paddles, but they turn with the wheel as well. and from what i have heard they are alot worse than the paddles. people just dont seem to like the button shifters in our cars.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:16 PM
plus its works bell. which totally earns your car respect points in alot of import circles. not only are running a super legit hub and quick release set up but you have works bell paddle shifters??? its just not something that you see every day. i think i would get this for my car even if it performed the same or worse than the stock paddles simply because its so darn cool <<<<< you would think that some one here on FF would have remade this with paddle shifters by now.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:03 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by F'it_ImFromTx
you dont want to shift during your turn.
Why not all my car exept 3 have been sticks and there have been countless times when I have had to shift while turning like from 1st-2nd during a turn or from lik 5th-4th-3rd while taking the off ramp and I have had dam near evey front wheel drive honda model with the exeptions of the suv's and van,s and they have all been sticks exept my 97 prelude so im not so sure how you drive but I have done it before mabey it was a little two awkward for you but I do it all the time. but you are right about the paddled moving with the wheel I guess?????, But Im not sure cause I dont have the auto version I have the stick but from the pic I was sent it looks like you are right. But if you read what I typed I would rathe move the controls to a button or another place where it could be set to the drivers convieniants

Old 09-01-2008, 07:29 PM
i see where you are coming from. but at the same time it is hard for either of us to completely understand each other. i have never driven an standard fit. i dont know if you have driven an auto.

but auto fits get most of their power when in 1-2-3 having an auto fit in 4-5 is just cruise mode. so when doing some spirited driving on a tight twisty road your more than likely going to be running in third the whole time. so all you need to do in an auto fit is brake, shift to 2, accelerate as you exit and youve got a good turn.

i understand where you are coming from when you say that having the paddles move with the steering wheel is inconvenient, and i see where your coming from about shifting during turns, like during daily driving. it does get annoying during daily driving.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:22 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry to bring back a dead thread...but I found one for sale and can import it over from Japan (rough estimated price is about $600 shipped)

Old 10-29-2009, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
oh..... my..... god..... so hawt... that's what I would use on my project car when I get the time and money to complete. (I have the chassis, no engine or steering column yet.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:47 PM
Take Two of Me & Don't Call in the Morning
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit4Trav
Sorry to bring back a dead thread...but I found one for sale and can import it over from Japan (rough estimated price is about $600 shipped)
do eeeeeeet!

Old 11-01-2009, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
That looks like a piece from Batmans car.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
that website needs more animated shit on the side bar ugh