Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Custom Headliners

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by redrumm
well from what i read the loctite worked fine. Not everyone has a gun to shoot glue with.
i got a cheap gun from harbor freight it cost like 20 dollars. i wouldnt get a good one cause the glue will eventually clog it up. ya you can clean it but it still retains glue.n and the pot i think cost about 20 dollars. i know a lot of people dont have compressors too. i just havent tried any thing else. i cant vouch for anything else.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
I can vouch for the guns. Thats what we used to wrap our speaker boxes at the audio store. But yeah at the same time the peeps that don't have the neccesary hardware locktitie is the next best alternative.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:33 AM
Haaaaaapenis!
5 Year Member
Just finished my healdiner last nite....worst mod i have ever done...the only thing i can say that went rite is that i was able to get all the panels off without breaking clips..i couldnt avoid wrinkles for nothing..i kept moving the fabric around and couldnt get away from wrinkles...another thing was the glue bleeding thru the fabric....on top of that the fabric wasnt wide enought when i layed it on the headliner...ughhh..what a nightmare!!!so i out everything back together looking like shit until i find a place that will redo it.. :-\

Old 01-14-2009, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
sucks man. i was looking at that last night. there are a lot of little dip sports like around the door handles and front mirrors. sucks it came out like ISH after all the work to take off the panels

Old 01-14-2009, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sentra92xe
Just finished my healdiner last nite....worst mod i have ever done...the only thing i can say that went rite is that i was able to get all the panels off without breaking clips..i couldnt avoid wrinkles for nothing..i kept moving the fabric around and couldnt get away from wrinkles...another thing was the glue bleeding thru the fabric....on top of that the fabric wasnt wide enought when i layed it on the headliner...ughhh..what a nightmare!!!so i out everything back together looking like shit until i find a place that will redo it.. :-\

what kind of material did you use??? and to keep it from bleeding you have to use a material that has a backing to it. heat guns will help with the wrinkles. you have to stretch the material if there are different contours. heat gun makes it easier to stretch. but dont burn the material.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
pics of this masterpiece?

Old 01-17-2009, 06:02 PM
Haaaaaapenis!
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Previc93
what kind of material did you use??? and to keep it from bleeding you have to use a material that has a backing to it. heat guns will help with the wrinkles. you have to stretch the material if there are different contours. heat gun makes it easier to stretch. but dont burn the material.
the material i used is...dont know what kind but its the same material as your bed sheet..like a ninja turtles, cars bed sheet...it doesnt stretch at all...how will a heat gun help? the fabric isnt thick at all..its very thin...it was such a pain in the ass to remove the side panels for the front seatbelts...and puttin the headliner back on was the worse..specially when ur working alone..u have to hold it up while u get the panels back on..it was very frustrating...im soo not looking forward to re-doing this thing..i need to find the same fabric but wider..it didnt quite cover the whole thing ..towards the front anyway..the back was fine but the headliner gets wider in the front

Old 01-17-2009, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
mine is the same way. Its like T shirt material and super thin that you can see through it almost. I asked the guy here if it would work and he said most likely it would not. That’s why I didn’t do it. Kinda sucks cause I have a whole bunch of it.
When you sprayed it. How long did you let it sit before you put on the material? Did you wait long enough till it started to get tacky?