Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Custom Headliners

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
I'm jealous. My shit was $80 a yard and you couldn't get it just anywhere.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by jsnatchdiggity
HAHAHAHA! I used to have a Huge Britney spears poster tapped to the roof of my '87 civic hatchy
*LAUGHS!!*
I could deff see that.

Originally Posted by radareclipse
I have to put up with watching Miley with my 7 year old. Ooof! Let's just say my taste are different. To each their own. Your funny. I don't think her voice is even good and when she is speaking on her show..........fagettaboutit
I dont like the show, I just like her.
Shes way cuter without that stupid wig on.

Originally Posted by redrumm
i bought 20 yards of it haha

if i have some left over i will sell it
I checked that link again you sent me. I found some print I want. Its sold out though. I emailed them and they havent got back to me.
I may get something else.

Id deff rock those polka dots dude.
But thats not the print I want.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
Radar, that is a sweet interior, especially the subs!

Old 07-28-2008, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
well i dont think i will use all mine.

think about it 20 yards

3 ft = 1 yard

Old 07-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Banned
These look great, now what am I going to do...

Old 07-29-2008, 09:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lear 45
Radar, that is a sweet interior, especially the subs!
Thanks.

I think Miley looks better as a blonde but that's as far as I go.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
alright well i started taking off the headliner and i cant get the front drivers window visor off the damn screw is stuck. wont budge at all

anyways the pillars are not as bad as i thought to take off. i unpluged the battery and went to town. still need more time to take off the rear pillars.
i will post pics when i get the camera back from my friend.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:29 AM
5 Year Member
I just wanna go black suede up top with Red inserts in the doors. However i have tan interior so the seats are gonna be ugly with all that in it i think. Hmm i'm thinking recover the seats too. But not with suede. Maybe red suede inserts. I'm still diggin on radars fit. SOO pimp. Maybe i'll be that nice some day.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:41 PM
redrumm, where you able to get the side pannels off without breaking clips? also, i have noticed that just about every screw in the fit I have tried to take out has tried to strip itself on me. luckily most of them were also nuts, so a ratchet took care of them, but just another place honda cut corners i guess.

Old 09-03-2008, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
I've always noticed that all honda screws that have the little like 10mm head on them are TIGHT. Its always been that way when i've done radio installs. And most hondas have two in the dash that are hard to get to. And TIGHT as hell.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
mmm gonna have to get some plaid done...haha need to find somebody to do it, great site tho for fabric. somebody should take some pictures and do a little diy for this... ;D

Old 09-03-2008, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
yes i was able to get the pillars off.

just pull on it a bit and they just pop off. the ones for the B pillar where the seat belts are. you need to take off the bottom part (black cover) underneath it and then slide your seatbelt down and pull on the cover so it pops off and slide it down

hard to explain i will have to post a pic. i have not take it out yet though i just messed with the pillar covers to see if i could get it all done. everything on the roof is gone except the dome light

Old 09-03-2008, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
pix plz! i wanna see this! my headliner is all messed up from someone opening a soda that was shaken up accidently

Old 09-04-2008, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member
Oh that sucks. when i had my civic i left a can of soda in my car when i was at school in wy and it blew up right after i did my interior carbon fiber white and red. i was so mad. i guess me being from az it never snows or gets really cold so i did get that concept.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
pix plz! i wanna see this! my headliner is all messed up from someone opening a soda that was shaken up accidently

did you try any cleaner? resolve?

Old 09-04-2008, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
subscribed!

DIY w/materials list and pictures please

Old 09-04-2008, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chaaree
subscribed!

DIY w/materials list and pictures please

i will try to get all this up. kinda busy right now with school and work.

i have off tomorrow so i will try to get pics of what it looks like so far.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:07 PM
5 Year Member
sweet. ya i want to see it.

Old 12-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Haaaaaapenis!
5 Year Member
where can I get designer print? I've been looking for quite a while now and all i've found is some pretty *** shit..something that ur gramma would use to make a moomoo out of..haha!

Old 12-30-2008, 10:00 AM
5 Year Member
i did this on the fit and my civic to drop the headliner, both had side curtain air bag.

**how to remove the pillar trim** sorry no pics, but when your sitting in the car doign it, its very obvious what needs to be done.

items needed:
you will need 2 x part number 91561-SJD-003
NOTE: there is NO airbag in the A-pillar...you are not going to be hitting the air bag. the symbols is located there, but the airbag is actually in the headliner above the door....they werent going to put a sticker on the headliner to tell you about the airbag.

1. disconnect the negative terminal on the battery.
2. allow the car to sit for a few minutes to drain any power left in the system
3. on the A-pillar, about 2-3 inches lower than the headliner (near the srs symbol), gently, but swiftly hit the pillar with the mallet wrapped in a towel (to prevent ant marks/damage). you should hear a clip break, if not coninute to hit it a little harnder until the clip breaks. pry on the panel and you will know the clip is broken since it will be very loose.
4. the rest of teh A-pillar is held on with regular clips that will pop off with gently prying.
5. to remove the pillar between the door, you need to remove the trim at the bottom first, then the upper trim. you may or may not have ot brak a clip at the top here as well (about 2 inshces lower than headliner), but im fairly certain that its a regular clip that will come loose with gently prying.
5. to remove the rear window/hatch trim, remove all screws alond the bottom trim along where the upper and lower trim meets (should be 2 screws at each side of the car) this will lossen up the bottome trim enough to pry the top trim loose and remove it without damaging anything
6. remove any screws holing the rear-roof mounted seatbelt trim and pry the trim off. if you need to remove the seatbelt mechanism, unbolt as nessecary.
7. remove the sunvisors and oh-shit handles.
8. remove the weather stripping along the doors/headliner.
9. the only things lift holing the headliner in place not should be the lights. pry off the lenses with the scredriver, and inside there shoudl be a couple of screws holding it to the roof....remove the screws.
10. disconnect any hanresses going to the lights.
11.start to lower the headliner. if it is like the civic was, it is velcroed in some places...besides that, it should just fall down.

Quick Reply: Custom Headliners