Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

JL Audio Stealthbox

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
dont think you can, dont think its symetrical

Old 12-13-2008, 03:48 AM
5 Year Member
I like the Stealthbox for the Fit. It even has a better 10" woofer than my current JL-Audio CS110RG-W1v2 sub.

Can these be easily removed--when running auto-x for example?

I was willing to spend another $240 for the CP108LG-W3v3 just to see how the ported sub would sound.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member

In stock and shipping - $625 at your nearby authorized JL Audio dealer.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:57 PM
sweet jesus that's excellent. Do want!

Old 12-18-2008, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
Wait. So. . . its by JL? That box looks a little funny. It'd look better if it matched the side panels of the trunk rather then the carpet.

Im interested nonetheless.

Price? Does it work with a strut bar? How is it held into place?

Dang... Im interested!

Old 12-19-2008, 09:49 PM
good question...doubt it works with a strut bar

Old 12-20-2008, 01:15 AM
5 Year Member
There are more carpeted surfaces than cheap plastic surfaces so the S-box looks right at home in it's carpeted skin. It mounts with one bolt that is accessed from the wheel well. I sent an email to JL asking about the strut bar. It's possible that it will work with some bars, not with others. I'll post what I can find out when I get a response.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks! Mind also asking if it still allows usage of the Cargo Cover? I can't see if it does in the picture.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
Yes to the cargo cover, probably no to the strut bar.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm assuming this doesn't come with an amp?

Old 12-24-2008, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
Nope......a JL Audio 250/1v2 or G1700 would be perfect.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Well, how much would it cost to have someone custom build a box similar to this? $625 seems a bit steep to me.

Old 12-25-2008, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
I had a JL stealthbox in a '94 Civic once upon a time. I made a duplicate one for the other side of the vehicle. To do it right, same method of mounting, with toxic fiberglass (these aren't made from wood), I spent 42 hours doing it. That was start to finish including trying to carpet the thing. Here is a link so you get a better idea as to why they cost what they do. If you can't afford one, then just put a box in the trunk and call it a day. The woofer in the thing is about $225, so for $400, that's a deal once you see what is done to make these. Besides my 42 hours, I probably spent $150 in materials for everything. Hourly rates of course can be $50 or so in KC, or $75-115 in NY.

Stealthbox Production - Miramar, FL USA

You can visit Santa Fe Auto Sound in Overland Park, KS and ask them about making a box, buying a nice JL box, or this Stealthbox. I think you will have a better idea of the value of something like this. That's the reluctancy of somebody like JL developing a $600 bass solution for a $16,000 car. The obstacles can be that owners of a cheaper car don't have the budget for something like this or don't see the value, etc....

Last edited by radareclipse; 12-25-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:10 PM
So, now that the 09 model is out, they go and put energy into the discontinued 07-08 model? I guess they are interested in ultimately limiting their sales. Anyone know if they have plans for the 09?
I want, I want, I want... *pouts*

The standard speaker setup in this car is awful. I don't expect much, but when a song comes on and I don't recognize it because I can't hear the bass-lines at all... it's a very sad day.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Don't talk shit about the GD's there, Kat. Without us, your precious GE wouldn't exist. Because of your poor attitude, I hope they never make a Stealthbox for the GE. Okay that's a bit harsh, but you did kinda hurt me with your statement. Discontinued is not a word we ever use here.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Notice I wasn't talking crap about the 07-08 models, but merely questioning JL's business processes. I was merely stating the fact that there will never be another 07-08 model produced and it is a limited market.

A more beneficial response, would have been that maybe they started creating this box prior to the 09 specs being known.

Bottom line, aggressiveness on this forum does nothing to help JL's bottom line, which is what I was questioning.

I would rather JL make sound decisions and stay in business so I can purchase their products than argue what could possibly be seen as a risky choice--especially in this economy.

Last edited by KatzeChicX; 01-04-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
Discontinued is not a word we ever use here.
I would like to clarify that just because a design is discontinued, doesn't mean the design wasn't still great.

I love many-a-car that have had a fate worse than merely having a model-year discontinued... I only had to seek out the Fit because my entire model line was discontinued. *sniffle*

And, there are models still out there that deserve worse than either of these fates, lol!

I apologize if "discontinued" in context had a negative slant for you. Since I'm new the forum and uneducated on the culture here, how would you suggest this delicate subject be broached in the future?

And, just an aside, it is Katze, not Kat. Katze = cat, a topic which has its own thread in this forum. :-)

Old 01-04-2009, 11:06 PM
1. I'm sorry

2. I am the one who got JL Audio to make the Stealthbox for the Fit in the first place if you read the first post here. If you think I am trying to stop them from making one for a GE, you're wrong. You stated they 'wanted to limit sales' as if JL Audio are a bunch of morons.

3. My girlfriend's name is Kat, but she goes by Katzen or Katz too lol she's German, just like you probably are :P

Old 01-04-2009, 11:17 PM
2. I am the one who got JL Audio to make the Stealthbox for the Fit in the first place if you read the first post here. If you think I am trying to stop them from making one for a GE, you're wrong. You stated they 'wanted to limit sales' as if JL Audio are a bunch of morons.
Well, I appreciate your diligence. Honestly, I wasn't trying to crap on the older style of the car. In fact, I don't know much about it. I think someone in my area thinks I'm cased their car because I parked next to them at Target (I think it was an '07) and then peered into their back window to check out the differences. It wasn't until they waived to me from the driver's seat that I realized someone was in the car. My husband dragged my ass away really fast.

3. My girlfriend's name is Kat, but she goes by Katzen or Katz too lol she's German, just like you probably are :P
See how the internet strips us of knowing who we're talking to? I assumed you were doing the standard abbv. thinking my name was Katherine, which I get a lot online. How was I to know you assumed I'm some freakish German cat woman?!?

Seriously, no apologies needed. If anything, I should apologize for being insensitive on this forum seeing as how I'm still so new. I'll get it one of these days.

Until then, seriously--how do you refer to the nature of the 07-08 models?

Old 01-04-2009, 11:25 PM
we call them 07-08s or easier just saying GD (its' chassis code), at the risk of sounding nerdish. Honestly though I'd rather be a nerd for cars than still be a nerd for videogames...

That short story about you peering in when there was someone in the drivers seat is pretty awesome lol you should've just said "SORRY I HAVE A FIT TOO!" then he probably wouldn't have felt all uncomfortable, if he did.

If you want to know the differences, the GE weighs about 50-75lbs more than the GDs, is bigger inside and out in every dimension, has 8 more horsepower and a few more lb/ft of torque, and is new for 2009 all over the world. The GD has been around overseas since 2001, and just got here for 2007. It has served its time well and we got the best of it, right at the very end of its' cycle.

And yo I was kidding, you can say discontinued lol we're not all sensitive wusses. Just because most of us are grown men and drive Fits make us wusses?!?!?!? IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE SAYING??! lol :P

And are you or are you not a German cat woman?

jeez we ventured quite a bit off the topic of JL Audio's amazing Stealthbox that I want so bad but have other priorities right now and can't afford!!

Quick Reply: JL Audio Stealthbox