Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Ok this was Stupid Mr.Bill attacks my Dash

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
Question Ok this was Stupid Mr.Bill attacks my Dash

I may have won the award for stupid additions to my Fit. I thought it would be cool to sit a rubber "Mr. Bill" toy on the center of my dash. You know the little guy from Saturday Night Live that says "Nooooooooo." Well, he melted in the sun and his feet messed up my dash. Noooooooooo. He actually left little feet imprints when I took him out. It looks like the only fix would be to actually replace the dash. Is there some kind of aftermarket kit that covers the dash?
I feel better admitting my stupidity. Any ideas?

Last edited by runbikerun; 07-19-2008 at 12:18 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:02 PM
fine lesson!

I'm sorry for you but that is an excellent lesson for you, me and other fit owners. I am sorry for you and, by the way, I've done things FAR stupider then that. I can picture you screaming NOOOOOOOOOO! when you peeled it off!

Old 07-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by runbikerun
I may have one the award for stupid additions to my Fit. I thought it would be cool to sit a rubber "Mr. Bill" toy on the center of my dash. You know the little guy from Saturday Night Live that says "Nooooooooo." Well, he melted in the sun and his feet messed up my dash. Noooooooooo. He actually left little feet imprints when I took him out. It looks like the only fix would be to actually replace the dash. Is there some kind of aftermarket kit that covers the dash?
I feel better admitting my stupidity. Any ideas?
A Dash Mat from Cover King. Absolutely perfect fit, cheap through Costco on line, two different styles of fabric and many colors (black looks great on my BOM).

Old 07-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Flat black spray paint matches the dash perfectly. At least it did for me when an air freshener leaked on it and I had to fix that mess.

The area I fixed was just under the center air vents. Flat black Krylon matched so well you couldn't tell it had been painted over.

Old 07-18-2008, 06:36 PM
I may have one the award for stupid additions to my Fit.
Hmm... Subliminal.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the ideas. I really appreciate it. If anyone thinks of any other tricks to save the day let me know.

Old 07-19-2008, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the ideas. I really appreciate it. If anyone thinks of any other tricks to save the day let me know.
i had the same exact problem happen to me cept mine was the ring of a My Shaldan air freshener. It left a crescent shaped ring on the top of my dashboard also. I thought about replacing the whole unit, but it's $500+. I just put my gauges over it and u can't really see it, but im afraid it will be visible again if i need 2 sell the car.

Originally Posted by ezduzit
Flat black spray paint matches the dash perfectly. At least it did for me when an air freshener leaked on it and I had to fix that mess.

The area I fixed was just under the center air vents. Flat black Krylon matched so well you couldn't tell it had been painted over.

ezduzit, can you post pictures of how u fixed it? What i dont understand is that the dash is like a dark charcoal color, how is krylon flat black the same color? can u show me some pictures? that would help a lot cuz i wanna get it fixed.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:31 AM
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
i had the same exact problem happen to me cept mine was the ring of a My Shaldan air freshener. It left a crescent shaped ring on the top of my dashboard also. I thought about replacing the whole unit, but it's $500+. I just put my gauges over it and u can't really see it, but im afraid it will be visible again if i need 2 sell the car.

ezduzit, can you post pictures of how u fixed it? What i dont understand is that the dash is like a dark charcoal color, how is krylon flat black the same color? can u show me some pictures? that would help a lot cuz i wanna get it fixed.

I'll take a pic of the area I painted tomorrow and post it here.

I was surprised at how well it matched, but when flat black spray paint dries it turns more of a dark charcoal color than black.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:30 PM

Here you go Kevin.

The area that was munged up was pretty much the whole area under just under the vents. I don't have a "before" pic but I assure you that it looked pretty bad.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:36 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
*LAUGHS!* Mr.Bill.... I love those skits.

Old 07-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
depending on where it was standing perhaps put aholder for a NAV
or something? maybe some gauges?

Old 07-20-2008, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ezduzit
Here you go Kevin.

The area that was munged up was pretty much the whole area under just under the vents. I don't have a "before" pic but I assure you that it looked pretty bad.

damn that does look real good! i guess ima give this a shot lol.

Old 07-20-2008, 03:43 PM
damn that does look real good! i guess ima give this a shot lol.

Let us know how it turns out.

There was no way mine could have looked worse, so I wasn't risking much.

I had rubbed it with alcohol trying to get the stain off and all I did was remove the factory finish. It looked all shiny and the color was very different.