Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Music Link V2.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 12:13 AM
Music Link V2.0

Anyone had any luck with this yet?
Ipod Music Link V2.0. I saw it on the CollegeHillsHonda website.
How does it compare to V1.0? Did it ever advertise displaying of text for song titles?
If there's already a thread I apologize.
Thanks

Old 03-02-2012, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
Installed a Music Link 2.0 in my 2007 Base Fit

I have a 2007 Base Fit and I installed one this morning and I like it. It's the Music Link 2.0 I purchased it off of eBay for $49 after months of debating doing the aux-input hack, the USA Spec device or the Music Link. In the end, I chose the Music Link based on the engineering behind it and the fact that it's sold through Honda dealers. Like others have said, the interface sucks. Using playlists to organize what you want to play in your car isn't the most logical way to do it, but it does work. And, it's safer than trying to hold and read my iPod while I scroll through albums or podcasts.

Installation was a PITA, but only because I thought it'd be easier than it was. I have big hands so I couldn't just pull out the glovebox and slip my hand behind the head unit. I tried that for about 30 minutes and gave up. So, I followed the first few steps of Honda's instructions and removed the lower console trim piece, that covers the HVAC knobs, I disconnected heater control cables sheathing back where it attaches near the damper. I didn't want to have to disconnect it up by the controls, what a PITA. So, I eyeballed where the sheathing was in the clip and popped it out. This gave me the slack I needed to pop the center panel unit out of the dashboard so I could tilt it forward and insert the connecter. You also have to remove two screws that secure the center panel unit in place. If you download the instructions you'll see what I mean. If I had to do it all again, I could do the job in about a half hour. This time took me about an hour.

The result is satisfying. The sound is better than an FM transmitter unit and the price is 1/3 what the USA spec costs and 1/4 what Honda wants for the unit. Also, all the cables you need come with the kit. You don't need to buy the install adapter (cable). You'll end up with a duplicate. I'll try to snap some pics before I button everything back up.