Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Component Front Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:38 AM
5 Year Member
Component Front Speakers

Well I purchased component front speakers from crutchfield.

Blaupunkt GTc652 6-1/2" component speaker system at Crutchfield.com

Now I haven't installed them yet but I did test them when I plugged them in there are four places two + two minus so I plugged in the bass using an adapter crutch field sent me and it sounded great and they I plugged the tweeter into the bass where there were two extra spot and when the bass tried to thump all I got was a clicking sound.

What do I need to do to get the tweeter working correctly so I can remove the stock tweeter and put my new one there. Any help is greatly appreciated if I cant figure it out i'm going to have to go down the street and ask for help and pay 100$ for 10 minutes of labor.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
Did the set come with a crossover? Component speakers should. Also since you got them from Crutchfield use their tech support, they are very helpful. They also have a HOW TO on their site.

Component Speakers Installation Guide

basically the stock wires should go into the crossover, then one set of wires comes out of the crossover into the woofer, and a second set into the tweeter. The factory wiring for the tweeter you will not end up using. Just leave it in the door and tape it against the door to prevent it from getting in the way of anything.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:59 AM
5 Year Member
The crossover is built in. So instead of on the button of the speaker just have this |_| |_ _| a big and a little plug it has |_| |_| |__| |__| the instructions are very unclear to what gets plugged into what and when I have just the sub plugged in it sounds fine then I plug in the tweeter to the empty spots the bass clicks I tried every possible way I may not have when I get off work I will be doing it again but I need to know what plugs to put where.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:04 AM
5 Year Member
Sounds to me that one of those sets is the inpute then, and the other set is to run wires to the tweeters. There is nothing marked "input" or "tweeter" on the speakers? Thats really odd they wouldnt be marked or at least come with directions. I'd call Crutchfield up for sure then.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:10 PM
5 Year Member
Figured it out trial and error. Ended up with the stock tweeters anyway because they didn't fit the whole and there was no modding. If I ever work up the energy i Might run the wire through the door and place then somewhere else and have two tweeters just for the hell of it.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
You'll be amazed how much better an aftermarket tweeter is going to sound. Night and day difference. I have a thread in this section about installing my tweeters. The ones in the pics on the link you have look to me like you'd need to pretty much surface mount them like I did. Not much room in the door panel where the stockers are.