Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

FIT owners with Gadgets!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 03:03 PM
FIT owners with Gadgets!?!?

OK,

I'm a gadget guy.
Anyone have pics or stories of what gadgets and where they have them placed/mounted in their Fit?

i.e.
GPS
Sat. Radio receivers
iPod/Zune
cell phone
Bluetooth Hands-Free devices...

The Fit has some storage but not that many spots for the gadget whores.

Last edited by Mattocaster71; 06-26-2008 at 04:02 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:11 PM
I have a nav its just sitting on the dash. I used one of those bean bag mounts.

I'm going to try installing a sirius receiver this weekend. I'm hoping to use a sunction cup mount on the small window in front of the drivers side door. I'll let you know how it goes.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:12 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
i have my cell phone in my pocket and my tomtom gps in my glove compartment.......does that count??? *shrugs*

-Ricky

Old 06-26-2008, 03:17 PM
That's a cool idea about the small side window.
My fit comes next week and I have a XM reciever that I need to find a home for that won't fall off or be in the way. Plus be able to remove and hide when needed.
Originally Posted by mikeclimbs
I have a nav its just sitting on the dash. I used one of those bean bag mounts.

I'm going to try installing a sirius receiver this weekend. I'm hoping to use a sunction cup mount on the small window in front of the drivers side door. I'll let you know how it goes.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm wondering if the center console armrest is worth the $$ to get..for more storage.

Originally Posted by GD3-Fit
i have my cell phone in my pocket and my tomtom gps in my glove compartment.......does that count??? *shrugs*

-Ricky

Old 06-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mattocaster71
I'm wondering if the center console armrest is worth the $$ to get..for more storage.
I dont have one, but i think it is worth the money....well, the JDM one. not the Zeta type one.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:44 PM
I agree, the JDM one is the way to go it appears.

Originally Posted by gimme
I dont have one, but i think it is worth the money....well, the JDM one. not the Zeta type one.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:50 PM
id rock one but ive got more importaint things to spend money on

Old 06-26-2008, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
I have the Zeta armrest, and it works just fine for me. I didnt get it for the storage though, got it to have an armrest there! And my XM is all integrated, only way to go. Of course then you need a different head unit. if I was using my Roady still, i'd be using a vent mount clip, easy to use and take out when needed.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:15 PM
I have the Roady as well right now, and the vent clip wound up breaking my one vent in my Accord, prob. my fault for being impatient and pulling too hard.

Originally Posted by Rod2Rice
I have the Zeta armrest, and it works just fine for me. I didnt get it for the storage though, got it to have an armrest there! And my XM is all integrated, only way to go. Of course then you need a different head unit. if I was using my Roady still, i'd be using a vent mount clip, easy to use and take out when needed.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:25 PM
I have a Griffin Tune Flex iPod dock installed. It has a flexible arm dock for the iPod and it charges also when not in use. It plugs into the aux. port and the cigarette lighter. It allows you to work the volume from the stereo but thats about it. It works well for now, but I might try and upgrade later on.
I'm wanting a GPS nav next, prolly a Garmin Nuvi unit or something.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:43 PM
If you go GPS, I have the Garmin Nuvi 200 and for the price, it rocks.

I'm using a Zune player and unfortunately, access items are limited, but that sounds killer for your iPod.

And I have a 3-way adapter for my cig lighter outlet.

Originally Posted by Firefly
I have a Griffin Tune Flex iPod dock installed. It has a flexible arm dock for the iPod and it charges also when not in use. It plugs into the aux. port and the cigarette lighter. It allows you to work the volume from the stereo but thats about it. It works well for now, but I might try and upgrade later on.
I'm wanting a GPS nav next, prolly a Garmin Nuvi unit or something.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
I have a digital CD changer (plays mp3s off USB flash) I taped inside the glovebox. Plugs into the existing CD changer port on the stock HU.

GPS gets suctioned to the window.

Last edited by Rob22315; 06-26-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Mattocaster71
I have the Roady as well right now, and the vent clip wound up breaking my one vent in my Accord, prob. my fault for being impatient and pulling too hard.
Roady represent!

I have ARKON Cup Holder Pedestal - SR033 - Buy.com, which works wonderfully.

I *really* wish Honda had used a radio where XM was an integrated option, but failing that (and also replacing the whole head unit), the above is a great solution.

H

Old 06-26-2008, 10:49 PM
Is that a universal Sat Radio mount?
If so that looks perfect.

Roady represent

Originally Posted by Hogarth
Roady represent!

I have ARKON Cup Holder Pedestal - SR033 - Buy.com, which works wonderfully.

I *really* wish Honda had used a radio where XM was an integrated option, but failing that (and also replacing the whole head unit), the above is a great solution.

H

Old 06-26-2008, 10:54 PM
When I bought it, it didn't include the Car cradle, and had the kind of tab exactly like the Roady cradle wants. a very snug fit. It is just barely visible over the gearshift.

It's the best I've found so far.

Bracketron makes one, too, which many Bestbuy stores carry -- but it's $30.
Bracketron - Mobile Dock-It Universal Vehicle Cup-Holder Mount for Mobile Devices - Black - UCH-100

Old 06-26-2008, 11:03 PM
yea ive always got my ipod, and my TomTom on the Top Drivers Side of my front winshield is where i hang my TomTom

Old 06-27-2008, 09:19 AM
I def. will stick to the windshield suction mount for GPS. The Cup Holder bracket looked like a cool idea for the Sat radio.

I need to look into Bluetooth for my cell. Or maybe I'll take my brand new Sony HU out of my Accord (that my wife will drive) and put it in the Fit. It has built in bluetooth.

Has anyone changed out their radios yet on the fit?

easy? pita? parts avail??

Old 06-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Retired Moderator
Got a Pro Clip USA cellphone holder for my cell phone that clips onto the a-pillar (not the airbag portion), XM radio hooked up and placed below the HVAC controls above the center console, JDM center console to hold my sunglasses and other things when Im out of the car, if I'm running GPS, I have a Garmin and use their dash mounting kit (the one with little sand bags on all four sides and sits on your dash). iPod if it is in use is hooked up to the AUX in place of the XM and is charged through my iPod charger. I think that's it...

Old 06-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by Illusive
Got a Pro Clip USA cellphone holder for my cell phone that clips onto the a-pillar (not the airbag portion), XM radio hooked up and placed below the HVAC controls above the center console, JDM center console to hold my sunglasses and other things when Im out of the car, if I'm running GPS, I have a Garmin and use their dash mounting kit (the one with little sand bags on all four sides and sits on your dash). iPod if it is in use is hooked up to the AUX in place of the XM and is charged through my iPod charger. I think that's it...

You keep you XM in the storage compartment above the cup holders/next to power outlet?
Or mounted to dash under A/C controls?

Quick Reply: FIT owners with Gadgets!?!?