Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Intstalls

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Intstalls

Does any1 know of any SoCal area intallers that do good work at a decent price?? For things like alarms, navi, tint??? Any help is appreciated.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Awesome place.. sunshield tint.. they charge 170-180 for llumar tint... they do a great job on the fit.. well worth any drive time if it's far.. i do believe they service the dealers..
Sunshield Glass Tinting the secretary may not know how to answer phones.. but they do a great job on the tint.. clean no damage to the interior.. i liked em' because price was good and they did the job in 2 1/2 hours.. they had a group of people working so it speeds up job.. don't go to california tint.. they only carry johnson films.. and llumar feels more heat effective.. i got uv shield on the front.. and that helped tremendously.. when you walk in too they have autographed pictures of the stars cars they'ved serviced..

Old 06-16-2008, 08:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by soujiro25
Awesome place.. sunshield tint.. they charge 170-180 for llumar tint... they do a great job on the fit.. well worth any drive time if it's far.. i do believe they service the dealers..
Sunshield Glass Tinting the secretary may not know how to answer phones.. but they do a great job on the tint.. clean no damage to the interior.. i liked em' because price was good and they did the job in 2 1/2 hours.. they had a group of people working so it speeds up job.. don't go to california tint.. they only carry johnson films.. and llumar feels more heat effective.. i got uv shield on the front.. and that helped tremendously.. when you walk in too they have autographed pictures of the stars cars they'ved serviced..
umm i dont know california tint is pretty good they charged me 40 dollars for front windows + the small front ones ... + the top of the windshield... im pretty happy with the " limo tints" i got... they did a really good job.... clean... i mean 170-180 is quite steep... im pretty sure if u go and tell them the asian kid with the black fit(mention hid + yellow fog installs) .. recommended this place... theyll give u a discount....

Old 06-18-2008, 03:57 AM
Originally Posted by cKranez
umm i dont know california tint is pretty good they charged me 40 dollars for front windows + the small front ones ... + the top of the windshield... im pretty happy with the " limo tints" i got... they did a really good job.... clean... i mean 170-180 is quite steep... im pretty sure if u go and tell them the asian kid with the black fit(mention hid + yellow fog installs) .. recommended this place... theyll give u a discount....
california charges 125-130 i think.. most problem i noted when took my girlfriend's car there.. they use stale water?? car smells funky after coming out.. and they weren't careful.. the window hit into the passenger side weather sealer .. making window lower.. and they tinted exactly to the line on the bottom of that window.. when i noticed the seal.. and fixed it.. space on bottom you can see without tint.. biggest reason i went to "sunshield".. is because johnson films doesn't have a great reputation for window films and that's all "california tint" carries.. llumar tint seems to be one the top films and within a decent price range.. i love the color of it too.. do some research on window films.. i wanted llumar, and since "sunshield" tints for some honda dealers.. they should be familiar with the car.. they did excellent job.. no scratches inside the car.. no accidently cuts on the film.. tint seems to be perfectly applied.. don't care if it's a little more.. for better tint and service.. check the place out.. it's nicer than california tint..

Old 06-18-2008, 06:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by soujiro25
california charges 125-130 i think.. most problem i noted when took my girlfriend's car there.. they use stale water?? car smells funky after coming out.. and they weren't careful.. the window hit into the passenger side weather sealer .. making window lower.. and they tinted exactly to the line on the bottom of that window.. when i noticed the seal.. and fixed it.. space on bottom you can see without tint.. biggest reason i went to "sunshield".. is because johnson films doesn't have a great reputation for window films and that's all "california tint" carries.. llumar tint seems to be one the top films and within a decent price range.. i love the color of it too.. do some research on window films.. i wanted llumar, and since "sunshield" tints for some honda dealers.. they should be familiar with the car.. they did excellent job.. no scratches inside the car.. no accidently cuts on the film.. tint seems to be perfectly applied.. don't care if it's a little more.. for better tint and service.. check the place out.. it's nicer than california tint..
wow sorry to hear you got a bad experience.... but im pretty happy with mines... didn't smell any stale water or naything i can see ..

Old 06-21-2008, 07:12 PM
thx for the help guys.. I actually just went with some local guys with good rep. 15% all around. They use johnson I belive, but ppl I know that had it done by them looks good.