Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Need opinions on speakers and amp for em

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Class D amps have power supplies that are constantly switcing on and off to save power. They gain efficiency but sacrifice control n the outputs and have a alittle higher THD ratings.

The JL amps I can never ever reccomend to anyone based solely on the reason that they are probably the most inneficient power hungry amps every made. I've used them in quite a few installs at the customers requests and they always run really hot, and pull alot of amperage.

For quality of output the PRS are a "smoother, warmer amp" and are over 70% efficient so they are not power hogs.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:47 PM
PSR amp

Originally Posted by Injundon
Class D amps have power supplies that are constantly switcing on and off to save power. They gain efficiency but sacrifice control n the outputs and have a alittle higher THD ratings.

The JL amps I can never ever reccomend to anyone based solely on the reason that they are probably the most inneficient power hungry amps every made. I've used them in quite a few installs at the customers requests and they always run really hot, and pull alot of amperage.

For quality of output the PRS are a "smoother, warmer amp" and are over 70% efficient so they are not power hogs.

I am going for the PRS Pioneer. Thanks for the help.