Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Subs are big. Fit is small.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 03:04 PM
heres a pic of my box

Name:  Picture332.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  103.5 KB

Old 08-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by reako
That 8" JLW3 (CP108LG-W3v3) is $209 shipped free here: JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3

I emailed JL to ask if they were thinking about making a Stealthbox for the GE...I'll let you all know what the story is..
Old ass thread is old.

Last edited by Kyle is raaddd; 08-03-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
Name:  Photo338.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  88.8 KB

i put the amp in the spare tire and the sub has "Quick-Connect" Plugs that can be removed in seconds when i need extra extra space, no wires stick out so i dont have to worry about shorting the connection

its a 12' JL W3V2 with an old MTX Blue Thunder or something like that... 400watts i believe

Old 08-08-2009, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
I like your idea of the quick disconnects to the sub AccordGuy. I think I want to do the same thing with a little sub I have just taking up space in my garage. Three questions for you...

1. How did you fasten that thing down to keep it from rolling around your trunk?

2. How did you fasten the amp down in the tire hole?

3. How did you route your power wire for the amp, specifically, how did you get past the firewall?

Thanks!

Old 08-09-2009, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
lol it's super half-assed. I haven't decided how to fasten it yet since i dont want to drill into anything if i dont have to, The amp actually sits very snug so it's just chillin right inside the tire. It wont fall out since the tray cover thing is right over it. mm for the power it's only the positive and i ran it through the little grommet on the passenger side, just run the wire across the back of the engine (not too close to the exhaust manifolds) and then you'll see the little grommet, most people would cut it but i didnt want to, i just opened it, ran the wire through and closed it back as much as i could.. haha

so at least for now.. no taking hard right turns if the sub is installed since my sub might fly across the trunk, but it seems most turns i take are right ones

Old 08-10-2009, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
lol it's super half-assed. I haven't decided how to fasten it yet since i dont want to drill into anything if i dont have to, The amp actually sits very snug so it's just chillin right inside the tire. It wont fall out since the tray cover thing is right over it. mm for the power it's only the positive and i ran it through the little grommet on the passenger side, just run the wire across the back of the engine (not too close to the exhaust manifolds) and then you'll see the little grommet, most people would cut it but i didnt want to, i just opened it, ran the wire through and closed it back as much as i could.. haha

so at least for now.. no taking hard right turns if the sub is installed since my sub might fly across the trunk, but it seems most turns i take are right ones
just get some double sided velcro (spelling?) the box wont move, no screws bolts or anything like that. my box is heavy enough that it has never moved. and even if it did, it wouldnt go far.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MetalHead88
just get some double sided velcro (spelling?) the box wont move, no screws bolts or anything like that. my box is heavy enough that it has never moved. and even if it did, it wouldnt go far.
Great idea! "Why didn't I think of that??" Perfect for those of us exceedingly lazy members... Another option I have seen is utilizing a bungee cord (but then u have to measure and everything..)

Old 08-18-2009, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
yeah velcro was the first thing on my mind! sadly though, i have the trunk tray! haha. I was thinking about making something that bolted onto the rear strut threads or just a metal piece that would go under the carpet from the side and kinda just hold it in place.. it's kinda hard to explain. haha