Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Optional Batteries??

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member
Optional Batteries??

i've been trying to search around and cant seem to find like yellow top optimas or red top. Unless someone knows a link i can get one from that fits perfectly or just a good after market battery.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
i was originally looking into the yellow/red top but then decided to get the braille battery. at first i got the model 2015 all season which was half the size of oem and about 5 lbs lighter. rated slightly more amps than stock. had it for about 2 years. the first winter was fine but last one the batery was going down hill. if i left it for more than a day without starting it it was dead.

so i looked on their site and noticed that they came out with a slightly bigger model 3121 which i just bought a couple of weeks ago. same amps and specs as the red top. as soon as i put it in and started the car i noticed a huge difference and how it cranked up to start. the stock battery and even the first braille i got cranking was very slow. with the 3121 it was much faster and easier to start. windows rolled up/down quicker. volts were at a steady 14.5 on start and went down to a 14.1-2 after warmup. much better power. probably will save my starter too from overwork.

Braille No-Weight Batteries

Old 05-02-2008, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
thanks alot for the reply. Others welcome for opinions too!

Old 05-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
was the braille battery a direct fit? or did you need mounting hardware?

Old 05-02-2008, 08:37 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
spoon battery right here.

i had to weld a bracket for it.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dewthedew
was the braille battery a direct fit? or did you need mounting hardware?
yes direct fit. i could have used the stock hold down but i got the braille adapter and j hooks for $10 more.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:14 PM
I use a full size optima yellow top. Had to turn the battery 90 degrees and custom fab a tray. Also won't work with stock intake or any of the Chamer intakes.

Old 05-03-2008, 01:38 AM
Formerly "bitoy"
5 Year Member
What is the weight of the fit stock battery?

Old 05-03-2008, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member
about 21 lbs or so.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:41 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Optima batteries are pretty good, but unfortunately won't fit unless, like Injundon, you turn it on its side, which you can do with them. Still, I dont think thats the greatest idea, considering the LIGHTEST yellow top weighs 26 lbs AND you need to custom fab a new tray.
IMO, the best direction would be either the Braille (see leo's link above), or an odyssey battery. The odyssey replacement for our stock battery is a PC680. Weighs 15.4lbs, with more cranking amps, higher reserve capacity, and these things last a lifetime (3-5 years lol).
I'm know there are similar batteries out there with the same specs, and very lightweight. I just dont know too much about them.

I work at a battery store, so this is my specialty lol... If anybody wants a price on a battery, pm me, i can usually get a great price for you...

Old 05-03-2008, 10:00 AM
i dont know if any one else that is on here has seen the password jdm battery relocation kit for the fit. here is the link...
Password:JDM Battery Relocator (Fit) | JDM Honda Parts, JDM Honda Engines / JDM Nissan Motor Swaps, Used JDM Parts - Password JDM
i would never relocate my battery just for an intake which is what this kit was created for but now they have an aluminum mini battery mount. here is the link...
Password:JDM Billet Aluminum Mini Battery Mount (EG/EK/DC2/AP) | JDM Honda Parts, JDM Honda Engines / JDM Nissan Motor Swaps, Used JDM Parts - Password JDM
it doesnt say on the site that it is or will fit a fit but it is just an aluminum tray right? does any one know if the mini battery mounting tray would work in a fit?

Old 05-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by REXXXXXXXXX
Optima batteries are pretty good, but unfortunately won't fit unless, like Injundon, you turn it on its side, which you can do with them. Still, I dont think thats the greatest idea, considering the LIGHTEST yellow top weighs 26 lbs AND you need to custom fab a new tray.
IMO, the best direction would be either the Braille (see leo's link above), or an odyssey battery. The odyssey replacement for our stock battery is a PC680. Weighs 15.4lbs, with more cranking amps, higher reserve capacity, and these things last a lifetime (3-5 years lol).
I'm know there are similar batteries out there with the same specs, and very lightweight. I just dont know too much about them.

I work at a battery store, so this is my specialty lol... If anybody wants a price on a battery, pm me, i can usually get a great price for you...
so which do you recommend mr battery man...lol

Old 05-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Old 05-03-2008, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
if you live in a warm climate you can go with the odyssey or the braille 2015. i would recommend the braille because the specs seem to perform better. the odyssey only has 220 cca acording to their website so imo it would suck in the winter months. that is half of what the braille 2015 has and i had that one. it didn't last. if you are living in winter climates the only one i would get is the braille 3121 which although weighs the same as stock it puts out much more power. braille also recommends this battery for engines that are boosted. here is what i have found

Oydssey (taken from their website)

PC 680 / PC 680mj Specs:
  • 680 cranking amps for 5 seconds (i am assuming these are PCA)
  • 595 cranking amps for 10 seconds
  • 525 cranking amps for 20 seconds
  • Short circuit current over 1800A
  • 17Ah
  • 25 minute reserve capacity with 25amp load
  • CCA - 220 (Is this important?)
  • Female brass terminal w/M6 SS bolt
Braille 2015 (this is the one i had until recently)
Model Name: B2015 - All Season Battery
Recommended Use: Winning Races!
  • Use this battery to get that last tenth of a second from your times.
  • Difficult and small engine location needs.
  • Can be used in pairs for custom application.
  • Competition and lightweight daily use in small displacement engines.
  • Excellent starting and running battery.
Not Recommended For:
  • Extreme Cold Climates
  • Extreme Audio Applications
  • Ultra High Compression Motors Running Aftermarket Ignitions w/o Alternators.
Specifications:
Casing: Polymer Plastic
Weight: 15 lbs
Length: 6.8
Width: 3.4
Height: 6.1
Pulse Cranking Amps: 1067
Cranking Amps: 574
Cold Cranking Amps: 425
Amp Hour Rating: 21

Braille 3121 (this is the one i have nnow)
B3121 No-Weight Extreme Battery Specs

Weight: 21 lbs
Length: 6.6
Width: 5.2
Height: 6.8
Pulse Cranking Amps: 1380
Cranking Amps: 742
Cold Cranking Amps: 550
Amp Hour Rating: 31
Warranty: 1 Year Free Replacement / 2 Year Limited Pro-Rated Extended Coverage

Recommended Uses:
Premium Luxury Vehicles
Extreme Engine Builds – High Compression, Supercharger Systems, Large Cams, Underdrive Pulleys & No Alternators
Extreme Audio Builds – Multiple Amps, Subs and enough wiring for a small city? You need this battery! Extreme Cold Climates – Daily Driven or Stored Vehicles
Custom Cars and Vintage Vehicles – No Acid to Spill protect and enhance your vehicle!

Not Recommended For:
Any vehicle you don’t want to look or perform better!

Old 05-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
braille it is lol... just gotta pay off my current debt and i'll be picking one of these up. hey bry, did you get yours online, or thru one of their distributors?

Old 05-03-2008, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
got it from braille directly

Old 08-25-2012, 02:37 AM
Originally Posted by leonine
i was originally looking into the yellow/red top but then decided to get the braille battery. at first i got the model 2015 all season which was half the size of oem and about 5 lbs lighter. rated slightly more amps than stock. had it for about 2 years. the first winter was fine but last one the batery was going down hill. if i left it for more than a day without starting it it was dead.

so i looked on their site and noticed that they came out with a slightly bigger model 3121 which i just bought a couple of weeks ago. same amps and specs as the red top. as soon as i put it in and started the car i noticed a huge difference and how it cranked up to start. the stock battery and even the first braille i got cranking was very slow. with the 3121 it was much faster and easier to start. windows rolled up/down quicker. volts were at a steady 14.5 on start and went down to a 14.1-2 after warmup. much better power. probably will save my starter too from overwork.

Braille No-Weight Batteries
so the Braille B3121 fits perfect in the FIT without any modification?