Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Need good looking Input Selector

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 03:51 AM
5 Year Member
Need good looking Input Selector

I'm trying to 1 up my system, so far I have a charging Ipod adapter, with a swapable 1/8" plug that will let me hook up other things.

WHat I'm looking for is something that I can just push abutton to select a new input, nothing too big like the ones for the older game stations (RCA video stuff) but something more discreet, and easier to install into my dash to select different inputs.

If there are higher quality input selectors with multiple positions, like the ones for bigger cars where the back seats can select inputs available to others, I would like to look into that too, I plan on having a rear TV monitor mounted on the ceiling and maybe we can share the inputs across both the front and back, and vice versa (ipod jacks in the back, or aux-1/8" jacks for connecting personal things, or an XBOX360 in the spare tire area with air cooling from the bumper section (got vents there to go into the car when I was sound proofing the car).

I just want a tech kind of car with lots of options, and I'm just about done with my car project, and moving on to my brothers car project, which is an EF, and I want him to have a game system of his choice to choose from when he isn't driving, since his car will be for cross country in a small place.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
Looking for the same.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
ooooh

I found them =D

*4 INPUT / 3 OUTPUT SWITCHER WITH *3* WIRED REMOTES :: WIRED SWITCHERS :: AUDIO-VIDEO SPLITTERS & SWITCHERS :: Car Video, Entertainment & Navigation :: AUTOTOYS

Just wish it was more elegant in its design.

But coupled with the auto reverse switch for rear view cam, this seems handy too:
VIDEO SWITCHER (PERFECT TO SWITCH CAMERAS) :: BACKUP CAMERAS AND MONITORS :: Car Video, Entertainment & Navigation :: AUTOTOYS

But I still need something that switches either HDMI or Component... I hate that I will be stuck with old simple RCA connections... but this is the right direction of the things I will be needing...

Any help on finding something that switches HD video?