Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Pics needed of USDM couplers to make a plug-n-play harness for JDM folding mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
Exclamation Pics needed of USDM couplers to make a plug-n-play harness for JDM folding mirrors

I'm searching for pics of the USDM mirror switch coupler and the USDM mirror couplers. I'm looking to put together a plug-n-play harness for JDM mirrors and these pics are the only thing holding me back from getting it completed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 03-27-2008, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
this is a bump for the pics. To be more specific, this is what I am looking for:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/267239-post18.html

Old 03-28-2008, 05:42 AM
5 Year Member
:in a nice, but firm, motherly tone with one eyebrow raised, arms crossed, and a single, softly tapping foot:......

Come on guys...we've had 87 hits on this post so far but still no pics of the couplers. I know you FF's (fitfreaks, of course) are ready to see plug-n-play folding mirrors...help me help you.

I spent a couple of hours last night searching this forum and a couple of other sites, as well. I found some positive bits and pieces of this puzzle which tell me what I THINK is correct is more than likely correct. But, I can't make a harness with just the bits and pieces. This is what I have found so far:

I THINK I've found the answer to my question on the mirror couplers...I've been searching for about an hour now and I came across this pic in the DYI section:

I'm pretty sure that this is a pic of the left door mirror coupler (can someone please verify this for me???).

All that I need now are a few pics of the back side of the USDM switch and it's coupler...these are the TYPES/ANGLES of pics that I need of the USDM switch....(these are pics of the JDM switch):

This pic shows the overall make-up/structure of the back side of the switch:

This shows me the pins where the coupler will go and also the shape of the coupler that plugs into it:

This shows me the basic shape of the coupler:

These next 2 pics also show the basic shape of the coupler and also the pin-out of the coupler and also wire colors:

I've already got the info on the USDM pin-out as far as what color wires are in which holes. That info suggests that the USDM couplers are exactly the same as the above JDM coupler (minus some of the wires, of course) but I need pics in order to make a 100% verification.

The switch is pretty easy to remove from the dash so I'm hoping someone can get a pic real easy. Getting good pics of the coupler might be a bit more difficult because you won't be cutting it from the harness as I am able to. But, right now, almost ANY pics of the switch coupler would be nice.

I have found a couple pics posted by other members within this forum of the switch/switch coupler but they're a bit vague as far as what I need to see and don't give me a solid conclusion:

These two pics give me a 98% certainty that the mirror switch couplers are the same size/shape but the pin-out pattern is still in question.

Again, any pics that show more of the back of this switch will help...

thanks.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:23 PM
I took some pics last night but forgot to post them. Unfortunately photobucket is blocked for me at work, otherwise I would post them right now.

Anyways, once I get home I'll pm you the pics.

Dom

Last edited by Mugen_Dom; 03-28-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:50 PM
PM'ed with the pics!

Old 03-28-2008, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mugen_Dom
PM'ed with the pics!
GREAT! I got them and they are exactly what I needed. I will get to work on the harness today! Hopefully I will have it ready to go by tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Old 03-28-2008, 10:19 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
are you going to be selling "ready to go" harnesses?

Old 03-28-2008, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
are you going to be selling "ready to go" harnesses?
First I'm going to sell this set of mirrors that I currently have with the pnp harness. I will have to see how difficult this particular harness will be before I can say yes or no to selling just harnesses.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:15 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
any chance you could get some black mirrors for me with the harness?

Old 03-29-2008, 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
any chance you could get some black mirrors for me with the harness?
lol

I am in for the white...