Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

better sound with stock head unit

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
pac-audio.com Application/vehicle guide - search under Honda interface.
You DON'T NEED a RF 360. Something a lot less in complexity and cost.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:06 AM
I'm not really seeing anything on that site that lets you hook up more than one amplifier

Old 04-21-2008, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
Usually one of your amplifiers will have a pass thru to go to the second amplifier. If not, "Y" RCA's could be used.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:55 AM
you can use that^ when one is a 4 channel and one is a mono?

Old 04-22-2008, 09:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by btuner
you can use that^ when one is a 4 channel and one is a mono?
You can get away with one hi/low converter for the front channel, and another for the rear channel, and "y" the rear channel out of the line converter for your mono amp if you don't have an rca out of your 4 channel amp.

I've messed around with setups like that back in high school. You can also kind of mask the short comings of the stock HU with an EQ.

For those powering their seperates with a 4ch amp, where are you guys stuffing them aside from the trunk?

Thanks

Old 04-22-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by dagul
You can get away with one hi/low converter for the front channel, and another for the rear channel, and "y" the rear channel out of the line converter for your mono amp if you don't have an rca out of your 4 channel amp.

I've messed around with setups like that back in high school. You can also kind of mask the short comings of the stock HU with an EQ.

For those powering their seperates with a 4ch amp, where are you guys stuffing them aside from the trunk?

Thanks
there's a good amount of room on the back right wall of the trunk, you could probably fabricate a bracket there fairly easily and it would be a nice out-of-the-way spot.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
sorry to revive an old thread but i recently added some stuff to the stock sport stereo and i think it sounds much better now!

1. 12' JL audio sub
2. .75' or 1' (i forgot) JL audio tweeter

i got the sub first and i wanted a 10 but oh well it was a good deal, the amp i have had line-level inputs so i just grabbed the source from the rear speakers

everything was all fine and dandy and i enjoyed the stereo and car MUCH MORE. But there was one huge pet peeve about the stereo i couldnt forgot... The tweeters! When cranked up, i notice that they like to sound harsh/scratchy and hurt my ears like no other. But if i turn treble down i loose that beautiful crisp sounds i oh-so-crave

Solution? Throw some different tweeters on! The new ones sound GREAT on 0 or +1 setting and no more harshness! SOOO clear and crisp too! I wouldn't recommend going too small though, i only tested them a little last night but i believe i lost a bit of midrange which really bums me out, I was going to try and run them without the external crossovers but couldn't that possibly damage them? i dont wanna risk killing them. As far as mounting goes, if you take out your old tweeters the covers you see on the door falls off what i did was reused them but since the new tweeters were more low-profile, i stuck paper towels underneath the bracket to keep them snug and in place. haha sorry im ghetto. I also had some Diamond Audio tweeters from a component set but since they are more high-end, they werent loud enough with stock power.

Overall i think this sound is MUCH nicer and almost perfect... Of course just changing the head unit to begin with would have fixed everything no problem but im poor and i wanted a double din DVD player. Until then... This sound is OFF THE HOOK! i'd give it a 8.2/10!

the only thing it's missing? MIDRANGE! Easy fix, just get bigger tweeters, BUT MAKE SURE it fits the tweeter cover unless you plan on dremeling the door, which is something i'd have to do if i wanted to use the diamond audio tweeters

oh 1 last thing, your backseat passengers wont have the best sound with what being tweeterless and with a sub in back... u should probably buy more tweeter cover things and put the old ones in the back.. haha

Last edited by accordguyintake; 08-03-2009 at 02:15 PM.