Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

My planned setup - Critique!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 01:00 PM
My planned setup - Critique!

HU: Alpine CDA-9884 - $189
Front: Alpine SPX-17REF - $198
Rear: Alpine SPR-17C - $83
Amp:Alpine MRP-F550 - $215
Sub: Alpine SWX-1043d - $232
Mono Amp: Alpine MRP-M1000 - $289
Wires and Enclosure - $80
Scangauge - $150
Shipping - $50
Professional install(I'm always messy) - $150

Grand total - $1650~

Double DIN with the ScanGaugeII would be pretty sweet IMO.

I was thinking about the subwoofer, I'd really like to keep the vast amount of space in the back of the Fit.
How would you guys fit the sub into the back without taking up a lot of the valuable hatch real estate?

What do y'all think?

Will this be a pretty decent setup for the fit?

Yes, I realize I ended up with almost everything alpine. lol, the only thing I might change is the rear 6 1/2 components, may go with something nicer.

Last edited by drzenitram; 02-21-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:09 PM
there are some pretty good Audiophiles here....
I however am not one of them
I know what I like and what I hate...ummm...thats about it

So you should be getting some good info soon....
if by some chance you dont, go look up some threads about audio stuff and see who puts in the info and maybe ask for some assistance from them there or atleast get their attention...

good luck...

Oh... there is a recent thread (as in like yesterday or earlier today) about a Scangauge group buy..... just for a heads up

Old 02-21-2008, 03:19 PM
not a fan of the alpine speakers / sub, they make decent amps tho.

id much rather have a soundsolutionsaudio icon for the sub for a little bit more

--SoundSolutionsAudio.com Online Store--

Old 02-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by lilmaniac2
not a fan of the alpine speakers / sub, they make decent amps tho.

id much rather have a soundsolutionsaudio icon for the sub for a little bit more

--SoundSolutionsAudio.com Online Store--
Actually, the alpine type X 6 1/2" speakers have my absolute favorite tweeter period, I've listened to them next to rainbow audio ref series 6.5's and I'd choose the type x's 100% of the time.

However, I wasn't sure on the rear coaxials, I liked the memphis 6x9s, but I've never listened to any 6.5" coax speakers. Definitely would like some input on those. Honestly I'd rather NOT get a woofer just because I want all of my space, so the best bass possible out of the rear coax would be nice.

Also, I had a 15" RL-p and I loved it. SSA's soundsplinter division are absolutely incredible. In my last car I had to choose between the RL-i 10" and the Diamond D6 10" and I chose the D6 because it sounded amazing and I didn't want to wait for my RL-i. Maybe I'll go with an RL-i for the Fit.

How would you load up the woofer so as to maintain as much space as possible? Are there any really discrete locations i could put it?

Old 02-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
my 12 inch sub is in a small box behind the 40% fold down seat, leaves a good amount of room to put stuff in the hatch.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by smatts
my 12 inch sub is in a small box behind the 40% fold down seat, leaves a good amount of room to put stuff in the hatch.
could I talk you into throwing up a picture of that?

Old 02-21-2008, 06:23 PM
Oh, and as far as the subwoofer goes, I don't like deafening bass at all. In fact, I like to be able to barely hear the kick drum over the rest of the band. I just like to have a well-rounded system with clear highs, warm mid range and punchy base. So, really, something that sounds good rather than something loud is my aim.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:03 PM
wow nice plan but when thats over its gunna be like hole in ur wallet LOL
yeah im thinking bout going alpine interior myself

Old 02-25-2008, 02:14 AM
HU: Eclipse CD-4000 $150
5 channel Amp: Elemental Designs NINe.5 - $350
Sub: SoundSplinter RL-i 10" - $215
Scangauge - $150
Shipping - $50

Grand total - $1400~

revamped! a bit cheaper, and I think I found some better quality stuff!

Still open to suggestions for rear 6.5"'s though, keep it around $100

Old 02-27-2008, 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by drzenitram
HU: Eclipse CD-4000 $150
5 channel Amp: Elemental Designs NINe.5 - $350
Sub: SoundSplinter RL-i 10" - $215
Scangauge - $150
Shipping - $50

Grand total - $1400~

revamped! a bit cheaper, and I think I found some better quality stuff!

Still open to suggestions for rear 6.5"'s though, keep it around $100
If you ever get a chance.. try listening to the 6.5 polk momo's comps.. they're pretty clean sounding.. and their tweeter's aren't too shrill... also..
i never liked the 10 inch sub.. 12 depth sounds so much better too me.. even though the fit is a compact car.. good luck on the install.. keep updated when ya finish..

Old 02-27-2008, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
before you spend your money do some research on

caraudio.com

diymobileaudio.com

just troll the forum and soon you will get an idea of what kind of build quality and SQ you can get for that same money. In general when it comes to car audio I would never use anything that can be purchased at a retail chain like Best Buy or Circuit City, not out of snobbery, just the knowledge that audiophile components to a system are usually cheaper for what you get.

Right now I am planning a major install into my wifes Fit, right now heres what I got :

CDT ES/HD 300 crossovers (no power regulation on these)
woofer : CDT M6+ 6.5" midbass/sub
mid: Hybrid Audio Legatia 3's ( will make a custom pod in the triangular useless front mini window for this and the tweeter )
Tweeter : CDT DRT 25
Then i also have the CDT upstage kit with extra tweet for imaging that ill put in the stock location on "low"

Rear doors :

CDT hd M6 woofer (not M6+)
Some 4 inch of some kind, maybe a coaxial. The Phoenix gold RSD series is a secret right now in how good it is and you can them for dirt cheap

Subs:

I have 3 different sets of woofers to try out, 2 Digital Designs 1008, or Image Dynamics ID8's or Ascendant Audio Asaasin 10's.

I plan on glassing pods into the sides of the trunk area since i promised my wife I wouldn't take any of her grocery space

i bought all the CDT stuff practically new on ebay for $400 shipped

subs on the audio forums for $130 a set

amps are older Phoenix Gold Tantrums, 1200.1 and 600.4, forums, $300

total $830 for parts at least since you my customizing with make this alot more but thats my own obsession and most guys can fair without it.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:33 PM
yeah man, I'm a senior VIP member on caraudio.com :-P

love that forum.

and wow, your setup sounds incredible. personally I'm not crafty or experienced enough for custom fabs like that and I'd be afraid to mess up imaging and cause clutter in sound if I had more than a midwoofer and a tweeter in my component set, lol, I don't have those skills!

but wow, man, that sounds incredible, seriously. that system is going to be heavenly.

I'm really attached to alpine type x tweeters. I've listened to them up against rainbow platinum series and focal polyglass series and I like the type x much more.

also, I think I'm going to run without rear fill and I'm going to put in a small 10" RL-i in a 12x12x12 box that I can easily disconnect and remove if I need more room.

then I'll run it all off of an eD NINe.5 which will put 450w RMS to the sub and 100w RMS(350w RMS if I bridged it, but I don't think I want stereo crosstalk) to the front components.

now I'm having trouble deciding if I want to get Boston Pro 60s or the SPX17PRO/REF's. I don't know if I want to spend the extra money on the spx pros ;-P

Old 02-27-2008, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
Yes the MOST important thing to remeber is that what you like is what you like so def keep the tweets if they hit your sweet spot. Matter of fact keep an eye out and get some extra sets as you never know what may happen, i have 3 sets of Adire Koda's im hording lol. I LOVE them. Run them in my EVO.

just to mention it, i mean you know what you like and all but you could get a set of ID components for the same money as the Alpines,

Image Dynamics CXS64 - Image Dynamics 6.5" 2 Way Component System

same basic specs as far as power and such goes, and could always use your X tweets.

Woofers Etc even has the Phoenix Gold Ti ELites on sale for hella cheap and they are made in Isreal by Morel....