Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Euro-DIN unit in Scosche kit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
Exclamation Euro-DIN unit in Scosche kit?

I just got a rude surprise in the middle of my Schosche kit install. Other than the poor fit of the passenger airbag indicator (fixed with tape), the a/c and rear defog switch (fixed with tape), and the HVAC controls (fixed with dremel), I just realized that my Blaupunkt Bermuda MP35 is Euro-DIN. It uses a slide-in sleeve that just won't fit into the Scosche kit.

The unit by itself will fit, it does have the ISO-DIN type screw holes, but they are not threaded. I don't think there's enough material in the receiver body to successfully tap some new threads in there.

Do I need to buy a new receiver? Crutchfield claims that a Euro-DIN will fit, but they sell the Metra kit instead of the Scosche. Is the Metra wide enough to handle the Euro-DIN metal sleeve?

Old 02-14-2008, 05:14 AM
5 Year Member
Hi i have the honda euro dash double din and a Blaupunkt Queens MP56 mine did not have the treads but i screwed some M6 machine screws in and they made there own threads, just don't over tighten them and use locking washers, also good idea not to use screws than are to long, think 8mm is the max.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for that. I made it work.

I took the lid off the Blaupunkt, removed the CD transport, and drilled out the "fake" ISO mounting holes to approx 7mm. I then used M6 bolts along with nuts on the inside of the chassis. Yes, I bolted my unit to the Scosche. I wish I'd had some way of knowing that Euro-DIN won't work with the Scosche, but I see nothing on their site about this.

All seems to be well. The only other hang-up occured when I saw six(!) leftover wires hanging out of the Scosche HA10B wiring harness and had a panic-moment. I eventually realized that there are 8 speaker wires and 3 power wires and nothing else on my low-end unit. Not dimmable, no tele-mute, and no power-antenna on the car. Cool.

I do wonder which three were the factory AUX jack. It would be nice to splice that into the Blaupunkt line input so I can keep using the factory AUX jack.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
Drove it to work today expecting a massive improvement in sound and was left a bit disappointed. The EQ curve is a bit better but otherwise the sound is mostly the same.

In the past, I replaced OEM Chrysler units in my 96 Neon and my 05 Jeep and got MUCH better sound, even with low-end head-units (the Jeep got this Blaupunkt I'm using now). Our Honda factory unit isn't all that bad. I don't regret the switch, but if I could do it over I think I'd upgrade the speakers, Dynomat the doors, and probably leave the OEM head-unit alone. What I'd really like is a head-unit with a 7-band or a parametric EQ. The upper bass boominess kinda sucks.