Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Headrest Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Headrest Replacement

Hey Guys,

i've always wondered why i felt weird driving my Fit. I've finally figured out the reason.

The visibility in the back mirror is about 40% less than my old accord and it's taking some time to adjust to the small window.

I've also noticed that the two back headrests take up a good portion of the window when i look into my rear view mirror.

Are there any headrests that i can replace the stock ones with that has the holes inside of them for better visibility?

Old 02-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Yeah, if they were all like the middle one, it would be perfect! Maybe some company should copy that low/snug design and sell them. They'd probably sell a ton of them. I've considered taking the rear headrests out completely, but then there's extra junk to store in the car, and I wouldn't want people sitting back there without them.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Im the only person with these headrests in the Fit. I had to ditch the stock ones because I think theyre huge and ugly.
The stock headrest legs are set apart far. So not many headrest fit.

I did find these. Em1/Em2 (2001-2004?) Civic 2door headrests.
Rears fit but theyre SNUG. I had to mash them in. I love them. Look sporty.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:00 PM
wow that's awesome, it's exactly what i'm looking for, i'm going to check around and see if i can get myself two!

Old 02-03-2008, 12:22 PM
If you don't have people in the back I say take them out like I did.But if you do carry people just store them under the driver/passenger seat's.They won't really be visable to people,and you can pop them in if you decide to shuttle people around.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Hahah! Nice avatar! ^^ Thats what I did for the longest time. Just kept the rears out. Before I left the dealer the night I bought the car I removed them and threw them in the back. They actually fit in the spare tire well.

Originally Posted by Crucio
wow that's awesome, it's exactly what i'm looking for, i'm going to check around and see if i can get myself two!
Id suggest getting the whole set. Itll look so much better. One people is the greys arent perfect matches. You cant tell unless youre looking for it.

I love them! They arent that easy to find. I actually got mine for free. My friends body shop was working on an 02 Civic for Holler Honda as a used car. I looked at the headrests to see if they fit. Sure enough they did, I swapped them with my OEMs. Took them things home. Hehh
My friend took the rears from a trade in at Coggin.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:53 PM
ive been driving around with the head rests removed and i can see why you want replacements.

Old 02-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Hmmm, I wonder if they could be recontoured..? I'm pretty handy with weird crap like that, but if there's big metal framework in there, I probably wouldn't want to risk it.

Old 02-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Mr. Ball

your avatar IS CRACKING ME UP!!!! LOL LOL

Old 02-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
Im the only person with these headrests in the Fit. I had to ditch the stock ones because I think theyre huge and ugly.
The stock headrest legs are set apart far. So not many headrest fit.

I did find these. Em1/Em2 (2001-2004?) Civic 2door headrests.
Rears fit but theyre SNUG. I had to mash them in. I love them. Look sporty.

Geeeez I am such a goon! I missread what you said about those headrests in your picture thread when I talked to you about it. Now I am
happy all over again. I just repped you for useful info and a great idea!
I used to have basically those headrests in my '01 coupe and they were
fantastic! They gave great visibility and they looked great!

Old 02-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
If it was a Civic Coupe they WERE the headrests. You can only get these headrests from the coupes.
Thanks for the rep.

I only got them because I hate the stock headrests. I had the fronts for a while and no rears.
I finished the set by getting the rears. They also give the car the look of the JDM Ef interior.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:26 PM
If it was a Civic Coupe they WERE the headrests. You can only get these headrests from the coupes.
Thanks for the rep.

I only got them because I hate the stock headrests. I had the fronts for a while and no rears.
I finished the set by getting the rears. They also give the car the look of the JDM Ef interior.
Indeed it was a coupe...
no prob on the rep you deserve it!
I did like my old headrests better than the Fit's, but the Fit's are nice and
slim...just wide and plain unfortunately. Yeah they do seem to give that
JDM look...hmmm interesting.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
They also give the car the look of the JDM Ef interior.
The EF Civic Hatchback wasn't the only Civic Chassis to receive that treatment, as the EG9 Civic Sedan, and even the EK4 Civic Hatchback and Civic Sedan received this fashion as well.

I only bring this up as for the most part I actually can't stand EFs, and take a little offense to the Fit being compared to one. lol

Old 02-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by JaySmith
The EF Civic Hatchback wasn't the only Civic Chassis to receive that treatment, as the EG9 Civic Sedan, and even the EK4 Civic Hatchback and Civic Sedan received this fashion as well.

I only bring this up as for the most part I actually can't stand EFs, and take a little offense to the Fit being compared to one. lol
Too bad, because the Fit it IS the new age Civic Wagovan.
I love Ef's too.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member
Too bad, because the Fit it IS the new age Civic Wagovan.
Well the Civic Wagovan is a different story, as it wasn't an EF at all, it was an EY.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Still has the Ef and Ea front end.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
Still has the Ef front end.
All depends on the year.... as the 1985-1987 Honda Civic Wagovan's used the EA front ends. And the EA is far superior to the EF.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by JaySmith
All depends on the year.... as the 1985-1987 Honda Civic Wagovan's used the EA front ends. And the EA is far superior to the EF.
I agree... but not in Wago form. At least IMO.
I was going to mention the Ea but I didnt know if that was the correct body code. I remember reading it somewhere but wasnt 100%

Old 02-04-2008, 08:22 AM
5 Year Member

i miss my headrest's

Old 02-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Crucio
Hey Guys,

i've always wondered why i felt weird driving my Fit. I've finally figured out the reason.

The visibility in the back mirror is about 40% less than my old accord and it's taking some time to adjust to the small window.

I've also noticed that the two back headrests take up a good portion of the window when i look into my rear view mirror.

Are there any headrests that i can replace the stock ones with that has the holes inside of them for better visibility?
Crazy idea that might do the trick for you:

If you don't have passengers in the car, just fold down the rear seats and leave them down.

Quick Reply: Headrest Replacement