Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Get your stereo advice here!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Quickly looking at the GT42 specs it has an inadequately sized power supply since i's output varies so much on different loads. So I'd avoid that personally. In that bidget from woofers etc. I'd go with a JL audio 300/4 @ $389. Skip on the VR's completely. the tweeter is a little bright for the fit with all it's plastic. Specially if you use the OEM sport tweeter location get the 165 KF's @ 429. For enclosued subwoofer. the JL is a better choice. The RF 3sixty is MUCH better than the JL audio cleans weep in y personal experience. The audioControl DQ* owns them all but is like 4X the price so go with the 3Sixty.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:09 PM
thanks Injudon

Thanks for the input. The budget was set before I started looking online actually, and was developed with much lower level components but at retail pricing. I actually listened to the KF's this evening and was already heading that way. The KF's seemed much more even and less harsh on the highs. Glad to get your input on the amp, the JL's seem to be solid performers in the amp department, I guess not being crazy about the sound of their speakers biased me. Also, the local sales folks have been pushing the Alpine, but I was wondering about a class-d amp for the components.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:32 AM
the PDX amps don't sound as good as the MRV's which are just generic middle end stuff to begin with. Alpine shine's with their new line of head units and type X subwoofers and SPX Pro components. The rest of their stuff is solid middle end not so special stuff. Any switching power supply amp (class D, Tripath, insert other name here) is never the best for full range reproduction. Same can be said for Mosfet output transistors. but that's a different story altogether.

KF's, 300/4, 3sixty, and a good 8 or 10" sub and you'll be rockin.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:35 AM
speaking of MOSFET...Memphis Belle?

Speaking of MOSFET, I found the Memphis Belle MCH600 that I think you had talked about in another post at a price that puts it in the game. It doesn't look like the KF's can be bi-amped (with the factory crossover), but I could bridge the outputs from the Memphis to give 150W to the KF's and then have the 400W for a sub. Is this amp worth the extra money or should I stick with the JL?

Old 03-16-2008, 12:50 PM
stick with the JL it's a much cleaner sounding amp. beside Focal speakers are very efficient you don't need to blast them with power for them to shine. On the Demo board where I work we have our K2P set powered off an OLD PPI 225 25Wrmsx2 and they can out play anything else on our 4 boards.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:15 AM
5 Year Member
How does this setup sound?:
- Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9885
- Components: Boston Acoustics SL60
- Rears: Boston Acoustics SX65

I'm not gonna get an amp or subs yet....just the above for now. I got the Scangauge and will be getting the Scosche kit w/ the Casopolis Scangauge kit.

Thanks.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Sounds like a good start, specially if your buying the speakers online. Otherwise the boston's are a bit overpriced if paying retail.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks Injundon! I'm ordering everything from sonicelectronix online. The BAs and Alpine HU was more expensive @ the audio shops I went to here in HI.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:55 PM
im thinking about getting a bass tube..i think thats wat its called..i looked up bazooka and they have two different types of tubes..im not to smart with car audio.ive had really bad expierces with this stuff.i want to keep my stock speakers any sugesstions??

Last edited by Hondasforlife; 03-24-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:41 AM
If you just wanna add a sub, an 8" Powered bazooka sub would work well. Ther's tons of other opions, but the bazookas for the price never fail to perform

Old 03-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Old 03-25-2008, 02:50 PM
for that price it's a great deal

Old 11-01-2008, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Ok I am interested in in dash dvd, with ipod interface, but i don't care about nav at all. Is there a good unit but also I don't want to spend $$.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Hey everyone, new here. I haven't actually purchased a Fit yet, or spent much time in one, but installing a sound system is a priority for me in any car I own. I'm just wondering how the rear seats work and if there is room to put amps underneath them. I'd like to preserve as much trunk space as possible. Thanks in advance!

Old 11-11-2008, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Blue,
I am not an expert at installation, but EVERY car that I have EVER had, had a system in it, of some kind. After 5 months, I still cannot figure out what to do with my Fit. Honda engineered this car so well (for "standard" people), that they used up all of the nooks and crannies that would have been usable to hide system components.

I have decided to give up the spare tire for the sub, but the remaining problem is where to put the amp? I can't find anyplace.

1. Not enough room under the front seats (interferes with airbag/safety crap)
2. Doesn't fit under the back seats unless you give up the fold-down of the magic seats, then it's not a Fit anymore, IMHO.

So until I solve this problem, I remain unsubbed, unamplified, and unhappy. Well, not unhappy; I love my Fit, bland sound and all.

Oh Oh Oh.. and I also can't find a good place to put in my XM Roady without going ghetto.

If there are any of you out there who have a solution to this, please post.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Thanks for your response Lear! Like I said I haven't gotten to dig around too much so I wasn't sure. I saw this photo of the interior of a 2009 and was interested in the gap under the rear seats without really knowing how the seats folded:

What about amps mounted to the rear interior side walls? And, if not in the spare wheel compartment, sub in a custom enclosure near front right passenger's feet? My current car is put together like a tank (Saab) and there was nowhere to put any stereo equipment without just giving up the trunk. I wouldn't want to do this again, especially if I chose a Fit mainly for the cargo space.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:28 PM
I have had my '09 Fit Sport for almost a month now, and am real anxious to upgrade the sound. I don't need people to hear my music blocks away, I just want something that sounds really good inside the car. Would you mind helping me out with a few things?

First, the front door speakers must go.
I want to get the Polk db651's for the front doors.

I love the iPod integration w/ the '09's and don't even have a need for the CD player or radio now. If I want to add a sub and an amp, I am guessing that I will need a new head unit (and a new head unit will improve the sound quality itself). I just want to make sure that whatever head unit I choose, I can still use the USB hookup in the glove box. Do you have any recommendations?

It has been years since I've bought a sub, and I am out of the loop. What do you think of Polk's db1212?

And to push it all, let's just keep things consistent with Polk and think about the Polk PA200.4 4-channel amp.

What do you think? Any suggestions? Thanks guys and gals!!

Old 11-11-2008, 08:18 PM
i plan to upgrade my car audio
how does this sound??

sub: digital design 1012 (in a custom build to specs ported box tuned to 35hz)
amp: arc audio ks 300.2
front components: arc audio ks 6006
amp: mtx 404
headunit: one of the higher end pioneer premier units

=D =D

Old 11-13-2008, 09:05 PM
If your looking for good sound quality, these are the brands you need to be looking at and YES If you are looking for good sound, your gonna have to buy high end stereo components. All the stuff Im listing is the high end stuff that has great quality.I work for a customs shop and these are brands i recomend.
Headunits:
Pioneer
Clarion
Panasonic
Eclipse
Alpine
Kenwood

Doorspeakers:
Infinity
Orion
Alpine
Pioneer

Subwoofers:
Audiobahn
Infinity
Orion (HCCA Series)
Kicker (is ok)
MTX
JBL
Memphis
JL

Amps:
Audiobahn
Infinity
Memphis
Orion
MTX

Message me if you need help setting up a stereo for your car.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lear 45
Hey Blue,
I am not an expert at installation, but EVERY car that I have EVER had, had a system in it, of some kind. After 5 months, I still cannot figure out what to do with my Fit. Honda engineered this car so well (for "standard" people), that they used up all of the nooks and crannies that would have been usable to hide system components.

I have decided to give up the spare tire for the sub, but the remaining problem is where to put the amp? I can't find anyplace.

1. Not enough room under the front seats (interferes with airbag/safety crap)
2. Doesn't fit under the back seats unless you give up the fold-down of the magic seats, then it's not a Fit anymore, IMHO.

So until I solve this problem, I remain unsubbed, unamplified, and unhappy. Well, not unhappy; I love my Fit, bland sound and all.

Oh Oh Oh.. and I also can't find a good place to put in my XM Roady without going ghetto.

If there are any of you out there who have a solution to this, please post.
For the amp...I put mine under the driver's seat. There shouldn't be any interference w/ airbage operation. I found only a few amps that were small enough and met my power needs. I went w/ the the JL Audio HD600/4.

The only thing I was concerned about was puncturing the gas tank when mounting the amp; however, it went in ok, no problems. Also, there's a bar under the seat that runs left-to-right so the amp needs to be mounted so the bar doesn't contact the amp when u move the seat all the way back. Here's some pics:

fyi...u can check here too: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ont-seats.html

Quick Reply: Get your stereo advice here!!