Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Radio reception

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
I bought the mast from a Toyota Matrix/Prius (they use the same mast) It is noticeably taller than the factory stubby mast, but looks like it came from the factory. (it did, just not the Honda factory )

Old 04-12-2008, 07:48 PM
what year? or does that even matter?

Old 01-21-2009, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member
Install a Toyota Matrix Antenna, Honda's not listening

Originally Posted by CuTeBoi
are all these honda parts? is this a Honda FIt problem?
According to my dealer, It's not a Honda problem, It's MY PROBLEM! He said "Scratchy radios are normal. Nobody listens to the radio these days. Get used to it and use the CD player" Honest to God, that's what he said. Honda Canada Customer Service said that these problems are dealt with at the dealership and that if the dealer can't hear a problem, there is nothing they can do. I replaced the antennae with a 17" wire wrapped antenna and have adequate reception. I have lost a hundred hours of my life fighting with Honda Canada about lousy warrantee service with almost no relief or comfort to speak of. My wife is wounded in her heart by the miserable service and sluffing off we have got from Honda Canada and our local dealership (Alberta Honda). After a long series of calls, each time starting the call with a meticulous referance to all previous calls on the subject, noting names, dates, times, etc and what it was about and what the results were, and published reports of similar problems in the US, someone at Honda Canada must have howled in pain because a service bulletin for canadian dealerships magically appeared along with new wiper arms (one warantee problem fixed). Am I going to be a Martyr and kill myself over Honda's responsibility respecting a $20 or $50 antenna or maybe a $150 antenna amplifier? If someone else starts a group complaint to Honda on the Radio issue, I'll add my complaint. The dealer said he didn't hear a problem. Honda Canada said they listen to the dealer. It's time Honda Canada and Honda America heard the customers.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:44 PM
I have a problem with mine also... I notice the higher number'd stations as like 1xx.x are better and anything under that sucks... i also noticed that when i turn on my headlights that it gets worse for some reason. One of these days im add another ground to the headlight harness and then go from there...