Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Honda Navigation unit

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Honda Navigation unit

How does the Honda navigation unit that's available for the Fit compare with other competitive units out there?

Old 01-24-2008, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gar1013
How does the Honda navigation unit that's available for the Fit compare with other competitive units out there?
There are two OEM options as I have seen: one is where you replace the stock radio/cd-player with a 2DIN unit. And the second one is a little mobile unit that mounts on a little foot on top of the dashboard.

I was going to get that 2DIN unit for my car when I was ordering it back in october 2006, but back then it was not avaiable for the Norwegian marked...
But I later saw the spec on it and are happy that I did not got it.
It can not play DVD-movies. It can playback MP3 from a CD but has some restrictions here too. The display is a little too small for my liking. And no Bluetooth or handsfree options. And it is expencive too.

I have now a Pioneer AVIC-HD3BT or AVIC-Z2 as it is called in the US. It has a 7" screen, harddrive for music and maps, Bluetooth, voice recognition and commands, voice guiding in navigation mode, 3D map, replacable background images for the menues.... and a lot more.

The later mobile unit seems better out of the two models from Honda, but you should get a Garmin Nuvi instead, that is a much better option.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
The Honda Nav for Honda Fit is a re-branded Garmin Nuvi 350. I have a very similar nuvi (360) that adds bluetooth, and I like the unit a lot. Very simple to use and it has text to speech which is great.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:58 AM
I might look into doing a carputer in the fit... Get the 2 DIN bezel deal, and use a retractable 7" touchscreen unit with the computer tucked into the glovebox.

I found a nice retractable screen unit that has a DVD drive, AM/FM radio and a couple USB ports on it. It will play DVDs and CDs (specs don't say if it will play MP3 from CD) without being attached to a computer. Attach a computer, and the DVD drive becomes the drive for the computer.