Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Show us your navi systems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by sdPANNfit
I have the panasonic strada. i love it!!!
I wanted to do the same thing you're doing. Buy an AVIC-D3 and load up an ipod with music videos and play them through the headunit....but alas, I live in one of the most grimey places in North America where even cars in gated communities get broken into =/

Old 01-09-2008, 10:15 AM
I have the Kenwood DNX7100 setup in my fit works great has divx, dvd, nav, bluetooth, tv tuner, and rear view camera. I love it!!!

Old 01-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Retired Moderator
^Thats a really nice one! You had a rear view cam installed?

Tyler

Old 01-09-2008, 02:52 PM
I haven't hooked it up yet since I haven't really had any time its pretty simple though, comes with a camera and mount that can move up and down. I still haven't figured out where I'm going to hang it though.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
I have a Pioneer AVIC-HD3BT (or AVIC-Z2 as it is called in the US) and the orginal Honda 2DIN faceplate (part #08B00-SAA-611B):

It has built in GPS with text to speech and voice commands:

It has a built in harddrive for music, and play MP3 from CD or USB or MP3 players like a iPod or other types:

And it also play DVD-movies.
The maps for the GPS is stored on the harddrive so you can play back music from a CD at the same time as you are using the navigation system. It will mute the music when there is a voice guide command.
I also have a Bluetooth adapter so I can use the system as a handsfree system for my mobilephone. There is a few other things it can do, like this display:

You can also change the background for the menus with a image from a CD.

You can also add other things like more displays for the rear, or a videoinput, and a rear-view camera or other video sources.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:52 PM
nice system B-Fit. is that a metra kit or a schosh? looks good.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Its a metra kit. The only reason why I went with this system was b/c it plays back divx files and it was free. It has all the features as any other system from navi to ipod play with usb files, and is easy to upgrade. I have been thinking about replacing it for a computer double din type system. But money is tight.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:55 PM
very nice FONIX. i wish i had electronic climate controls. haha. how do you like your setup. i heard that there is alot of menus to go through to operate them but i never really looked at them all that hard. i was stuck between the kenwood, panasonic, and eclipse. let me know if i am wrong though.

very nice everyone. lets keep this going.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by B-Fit
I have the Kenwood DNX7100 setup in my fit works great has divx, dvd, nav, bluetooth, tv tuner, and rear view camera. I love it!!!

Which brand HU Kit that you use???

Old 01-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
no ..you are aloud to have radar detectors. ive gotten pulled over plenty of times to know. (lucky for me ...no tickets!) but i have my garmin 680 and magellean 4250.(i normally use the 4250) and my radar detector sitting there on my dash...they never say anything about it.

i dont get pulled over for speeding, i usually get pulled over for stupid shit like loud music, or exhaust.
Yea I heard it is only GPS units. I have mine stuck in the little front corner window

Old 01-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by sy11580
Which brand HU Kit that you use???
That looks like a metra kit

Old 01-09-2008, 11:29 PM
im with silverworm. telenav on my BJII. just like the audio callouts on nav units. have a suction cup holder on the little front window on driverside.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
i have seen alot of seperate threads on navigation and alot of people with questions on what systems work best and general questions. hopefully this thread can help some fitfreakers out with there navi purchases. questions and answers are always welcome. this thread is for all versions of navi indash and dash mounted. also likes and dislikes are always helpful.

heres my setup. an eclipse avn-5510 in a metra kit.

the eclipse is dvd based so its not exactly the fastest system out there but its quick enough if i miss a turn to find a new route before i get there. its touch screen so its easy to adjust whatever i need. i had it installed at circuit city within a couple hours (i wasnt really wanting to get involved with all the wiring). my antenna is located behind my regular antenna and it is magnetic so it just sits there. any questions please ask. hopefully this thread will be of some good help to everyone.

Joshua
How much was it the unit+installation?

Old 01-10-2008, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by tecknical
How much was it the unit+installation?
the unit, instal, metra kit, and 4 year warranty was a little over $2,100. not a bad price but i could have found a better one. i just like circuit city so thats why i went with them.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:01 PM

Old 01-11-2008, 08:18 AM
5 Year Member
I don't have mine in the car at the moment, but I have a TomTom Go 910 which I got for free because I worked their.

Here is the startup splash screen I made for it:

Old 01-11-2008, 10:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
very nice FONIX. i wish i had electronic climate controls. haha. how do you like your setup. i heard that there is alot of menus to go through to operate them but i never really looked at them all that hard. i was stuck between the kenwood, panasonic, and eclipse. let me know if i am wrong though.

very nice everyone. lets keep this going.
I like my system, but I have not tried any other systems like it. I was just browsing the data on the internet to compare the difrent systems that was avaiable and the Pioneer was closest to what I wanted. But it still is missing some parts: I can't play MP3-files from a DVD+R disc (have not tried with DVD-R yet but don't think it would work either). And it can not play back DivX/XviD videos.

But I have still a few things I can add in the future: iPod adapter, rear-view camera (do you realy need it on this small car?), rear displays (I dont have kids so I dont need it yet). I can also add a 6 disc CD/DVD changer from Pioneer or other audio equipment but I am using the harddrive for music and for now that is enough for me.

The menues looks good and it is easy to navigate in them. There are one hardware button on the front for selecting "AV" (Audio/Video) and it take you directly to the last menu in the AV system that you used. Then you have the "map" hardware button on the front that takes you directly to the map or navigations menu, and also here you go directly to that menu that you have selected of the navigation before.
The next button is "Menu", here you go to more advanced menu settings. If you press and hold that "Menu" button you go directly to the phone menus.
There are also those voice commands, but I dont speak English very well and therefor I dont use that function. Well, I can get them to work, but they are not easy to use, and to slow.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:53 PM
How do you do map upgrades when you have in-dash navigation?

thanks,

ed

Old 01-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by ezduzit
How do you do map upgrades when you have in-dash navigation?

thanks,

ed
I belive you do it with a disk. Someone correct me if im wrong.

Tyler

Old 01-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Tyler is right. with all the in dash navigation systems you have a map disk that has all the info on it and once a year or so you should get a new disk so its as up to date as possible. you dont have to but its a better idea to have the new roads and POI's (points of interest).

Quick Reply: Show us your navi systems!!!