Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Amber Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
Question Amber Lighting

Has anyone yet taken the liberty of changing their interior lighting to amber? I sincerely do with Honda would have made this mandatory on the Sport models much like they did with the SiR.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Do you by chance mean the dash and instrument lighting?
I had an 01 civic coupe and all of that was amber (looked more red to me...) and it in my opinion looked better than any other lighting combo I have seen. I have tried looking into how to do it but my car is far too new for me to start buchering, and I believe I heard that the illumination is in close cluster with the boards and the instruments not making for any easy or (even possible?) swap. I will look further into it, if it is possible than I would certainly be interested in doing it!

Sorry that I replied and have not done it personaly...
It was just nice to see someone else who likes the amber thing...(if indeed that is what you meant)

Old 12-19-2007, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
Yea since converting my 1999 Honda Civic DX Hatchback to Amber instrument lighting a number of years ago, I sincerely wish it would have atleast been standard on the Sport model Honda Fits, especially since there lighting is obnoxiously hard on the eyes.

I assume even with some blue here, and there, as realistically it would be significantly harder to change the blue lighting on the radio, and similar areas it wouldn't be too bad. But as of right now I'd be more inclined to just convert everything that currently lights up the white/green to amber, but haven't yet seen anyone to do it to see if it actually flows as nicely as I would imagine.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:07 PM
I think the 09 Fit (RS) will be sporting the amber. I used to work with some electroluminescent stuff, but I still dont think I could swap the radio one out. When i get some time I will check to see if I can ginea pig a dash and instrument set up and proceed from there, no promises but I will keep ya posted, and if you find anything please keep me posted, as I would much appreciate it.

I definately agree about the obnoxious lighting, its kinda cool but not so good for the eyes. (well atlest not mine, too bright but more importantly its a bad color transition for nightime and acuity.

Old 12-22-2007, 01:24 AM
I found this in "J's tipo" magazine...

It is a fit by HKS and is pretty darn sweet, I noticed that the clusters were red (it was hard to see and I only saw it by chance as the pic in the mag is only half the size of my pinky nail) the blown up pic is from a macro lens. I dont read Japanese but if you are interested I can scan/photo more of it...(or try and explain a bit more) It looks nice and not like those white gauges with red letters on it that I have seen on ebay for the fit.
It got me all kinds of excited when I saw it. They also are showing the new Fit (in sportier trim and it has amber lit gauges)
here ya go...hope the pic shows up....

Old 12-22-2007, 10:14 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
hmm idk...
if you wanted amber lights you should have got a versa....
it seems nissan is all about the amber lights, where honda does blue mostly.
i think it costs more for them to use blue lights, i remember seeing a video about the "new" tiburon and how they are taking pride to have upgraded thelights to blue leds over the greenish blue filament bulbs that ford uses and costs pretty close to nothing
i believe most of the nissan ambers are just the bulbs with the gels on them as opposed to amber/orange leds?

Old 12-22-2007, 10:55 PM
My 01 civic coupe had amber everything (usually its honda's sportier tier versions) I got lucky as that was soooooooo incredibly nice! Sexy as hell and very upscale looking (sporty to say the least and very easy on the eyes at night). I have tons of LED's and work with them alot and have access to them, Leds are rather cheap (especially now) and I can shape and cast my own. So if I can switch them out I will make it my mission. Its one of the few aesthetic mods you can do to a car that can be appreciated by the DRIVER! And I find that I drive the way I feel, If I had a Yugo and felt like I was a rich enthusiast then HOOOORAY for me!
I think it would also keep me connected with my memories of my old car, I can be very sentimental and that car was the most wonderful gift I was ever given, I can take a bunch of pride in being practical sometimes.

billmus86- I remember honda mostly being green, or yellow or amber and a bit a white throughout the years, this white and blue thing feels like more of a phenomena of 2003-up (with Honda's).
I actually think the stock instrument illumination on the fit is REALLY upscale and TRICK! I just have an overly tender soft spot for the reddish hue.
Bulbs atleast are easier to change (for the most part)...

Old 12-22-2007, 11:25 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
ya its deff a new "fad?" if i might say so? (the blue in hondas) they were always that yellowy green blue color --
i haevnt seen the new Sis in person - i thought they were red- like the S class acuras too maybe its orange in person
i think it started with VW and the whole UV looking gauges

Old 12-23-2007, 12:12 AM
i think this is the gauge you're looking for. sorry if its small

Old 12-23-2007, 12:17 AM
Indeed I believe it is!

Because I am a nit pic...
I would really dig the numbers to be amber/red too....umm...maybe even more so than the gauge ring.

Haahaaa you thought your pick was small!!!! just look at the printer dots on mine!!!!heehee

Last edited by Snap Fit; 12-23-2007 at 12:20 AM. Reason: im still dumb
Old 12-23-2007, 10:42 PM
here in the PI, my dash gauges and instrument lighting are amber.

Old 12-24-2007, 03:33 AM
lucky...

Originally Posted by caloyski5
here in the PI, my dash gauges and instrument lighting are amber.
are your dial faces actually black too or are they white. (im getting so confused with all the different countries specs)

could you throw us a pic?
not a problem if you cant... ateast now I know what to look up.

Thanks again...
unless of course you were bragging then ....BOOOOOO.....j/k

Last edited by Snap Fit; 12-24-2007 at 03:34 AM. Reason: because I fancy being stupid
Old 12-24-2007, 07:08 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by zechs
i think this is the gauge you're looking for. sorry if its small

BOOOOOORINNNNNNNNG

Old 01-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Snap Fit
are your dial faces actually black too or are they white. (im getting so confused with all the different countries specs)

could you throw us a pic?
not a problem if you cant... ateast now I know what to look up.

Thanks again...
unless of course you were bragging then ....BOOOOOO.....j/k
ill post them in a couple of days, nah, im not bragging, im also interested in knowing the different variants/details of our rides. getting addicted with the GD so much i research it everyday! lol.

from what i remember, my dials are on the silvery/white shade.

the amber/orange lighting of the dials and dash complement my alpine 7998r very well

edit:

found a pic..not mine but the same though

Last edited by caloyski5; 01-02-2008 at 10:31 AM. Reason: added info
Old 01-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Thanks for posting the pic...

I have something fun to show all of you soon...

Old 01-05-2008, 10:06 PM
FOR THINGS TO COME.....soon very soon!

Old 01-05-2008, 10:44 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
yo snap: o boy o boy!! what is it!!!! i cant wait! i love surprises!

Old 01-06-2008, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by billmus86
yo snap: o boy o boy!! what is it!!!! i cant wait! i love surprises!
ITS FRONT PAGE NEWS....DIDN'T YOU HEAR? Haaahahaaa!

look at the home page and its in-
Diy....Most Epic Interior Mod Ever!!!! post

or you can find it in-
Honda FIT Forums> Fit Trix> Fit Lighting-
Diy...Most Epic Interior Mod Ever!!!...

Don't get your hopes up too high (my car is still really new, I am not gunna tear it open...yet ) but I hope you guys enjoy it!!!!

I will post some pics in this thread too so some of you who miss it will get an idea of how damn sexy it is.....

If you guys dig it please rep me...Only if you guys think I deserve it.

I want to stay away from "pitty" reps ....hahahahaaaa

aw who am I kidding ... I would love a rep pt.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:38 AM
finally had the time to take pics ... this guage is OEM in the Philippines...

center console

Old 01-18-2008, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
That looks so much nicer then what the US has unfortunately. It wouldn't take much to convert the Climate Controls to Amber, but it's definitely a bummer that the over seas Gauge Clusters aren't plug and play.

Quick Reply: Amber Lighting