Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Interior Rack/ Shelving System

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Interior Rack/ Shelving System

I’m planning to use my Fit to deliver cakes and breads to customers. My problem is that with the rear seats flat down I can only organize the baked goods on the cargo floor, which is wasteful given there is so much more space above the floor that isn’t being used. Since I can’t stack the cakes on top of one another I was thinking of using some sort of a shelving/ rack system that I can access through either rear door or the hatch. Each shelf needs to be roughly 12” (30cm) tall. The system would also have to be flexible; meaning I could easily alter the size of the shelves to fit different items.

Any products like this, or ideas on how to design one?

Thanks

Old 12-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
For thanksgiving, what I did was put only one set of seats down. I put the pig on the downed seats, so the wall of the up seats held the pig in place. But we also had other food items, all in a box, so it stacked beside each others and was rigid.

Old 12-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Simply using boxes would should work especially if they are clear (so I can see into them.) I'm going to give that a try. But then again a rack system would allow me to keep things in place instead of shuffling things around just to get to a box that is at the bottom of a stack. I'll try to think of a way to use a combination of boxes/ racks.

Thanks Gordio

Old 12-16-2007, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mehow
Simply using boxes would should work especially if they are clear (so I can see into them.) I'm going to give that a try. But then again a rack system would allow me to keep things in place instead of shuffling things around just to get to a box that is at the bottom of a stack. I'll try to think of a way to use a combination of boxes/ racks.

Thanks Gordio

i suggest visiting your local car stereo place, and ask if they would be wiling to build something that would work for you. They have plexi glass as well as the ability to build something that is removable if they are good. This would allow you to see what you have and see where it is. That's my opinion.

Old 12-16-2007, 11:16 PM
Thanks ToyotaLover, I was thinking of talking with a carpenter along those same lines.