Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

blown speaker?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 09:55 PM
NMG
Just thought I'd post a quick update. I went in to have the speaker replaced and was advised that the speaker Honda sent for replacement had a busted connector, so they weren't able to put it in . . . LOL. When it rains it pours. They've ordered another one so it should be in this week.

On a somewhat related note, I noticed that today the speaker worked. It has warmed up CONSIDERABLY today from the past couple of weeks, so I suspect the cold weather did have some sort of impact. I know that it shouldn't, but the only thing I can think is that maybe a connection is bad and the cold temps brought the problem to light. It may also just be pure coincidence, however, it was never a problem until the cold hit.

In any event, something is obviously wrong so I'll wait for the replacement and see if that does the trick. Luckily, when I took it in the first time, the speaker wasn't working so there is a record of that. Nothing worse than going in with the "I swear it was acting up before I arrived".

Old 12-12-2007, 01:32 AM
5 Year Member
that's good they're actually fixing it.

mine has only been acting up in extremely cold weather, and it's fine once the car is warmed up.

one of these days, brand-spankin' new stereo

Old 12-12-2007, 11:03 PM
my right was going so the dealer ordered me one a week and some change ago but when i called them yesterday they said it wouldnt be there for anouther week. i think they forgot to order one in the first place. haha. the worst part is that now im getting somewhere with the passenger side my driver side is starting to buzz. im trying to hold off till after the new year cause i have big plans for the stereo and i cant afford to get everything at once with the holidays for my aftermarket set up. its gonna be sweet when its all said and done though

Old 12-13-2007, 08:36 PM
NMG
Just a quick update to say that I got the speaker replaced under warranty today and that everything is working fine again.