Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

long mode, no magic?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 11:45 PM
long mode, no magic?

I swore in the first "magic seat" demonstration I saw that the upper part of the front passenger went flat with (not on top of) the back seats. I can't for the life of me get this to work now that I've got the fit home. The long mode was a big selling point for the fit. If anyone can provide me with details and/or pictures of how to accomplish this I'd be appreciative. It's p*(&^%ing me off!

Old 11-20-2007, 12:15 AM
5 Year Member
I've had this same problem. I put the front seats as far forward as possible but the front seatback when completely reclined doesn't fit flush with the rear seat. I'd say it overhangs by about 1-1.5 inches or so. granted, it hasn't been a real problem for me since the one time i used 'long' mode my cargo fit over the little hump just fine. also i'm eagerly awaiting the chance to use 'refresh' mode (just because it seems so cool to be kicked back and chilling in your ride like that!) and would face the same problem. I've just chalked it up to a little misalignment when they installed the seats at the factory, but if I'm missing something I'd love to know.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:25 AM
exactly

Originally Posted by cityfit
I've had this same problem. I put the front seats as far forward as possible but the front seatback when completely reclined doesn't fit flush with the rear seat. I'd say it overhangs by about 1-1.5 inches or so. I've just chalked it up to a little misalignment when they installed the seats at the factory, but if I'm missing something I'd love to know.
I find it hard to believe Honda misaligned some of the seats. I didn't buy my fit from the salesman that demoed the long mode for me or I'd go back and have him show me again. I get it within the same 1 to 1 and a half inches and can't get closer. I don't want to force it and break something. I'm betting I'm doing something wrong and the fit is fine. It's been impeccable at everything else so far!

Old 11-20-2007, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member
Actually, I found this thread a little further down and folks give some tricks for getting the seats to fit together, all of which make sense. I guess you have to coax them in a little bit. I'm confident this will work when I try it out tomorrow...

Old 11-20-2007, 12:37 AM
saw it!

Originally Posted by cityfit
Actually, I found this thread a little further down and folks give some tricks for getting the seats to fit together, all of which make sense. I guess you have to coax them in a little bit. I'm confident this will work when I try it out tomorrow...
Actually i printed that thread out and went out to the car and tried it. I'm still missing something. Perhaps I'm being too careful. Please post with details (pics if possible!) if you succeed.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:54 AM
5 Year Member
okay listen, seriously READ THE MANUAL! Like i don't get mad about dumb posts but please, read the manual the instructions are in there. All u gotta do is RECLINE THE BACK SEATS! Just lift up the lever (on the back of the seats near the seat belt) and PUSH BACK THE SEAT! It will go about 2 inches BACKWARDS, like the chair is reclining. Then take ur front seats and push them ALL THE WAY FORWARDS then RECLINE the back parts of the back parts of the seats. Very simple. =[

Old 11-20-2007, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member
okay, like, seriously, you don't need to be a condescending, all-caps typing jerk. I mean, these are help forums, and that, like, totally doesn't help, okay?

Old 11-20-2007, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
first of all it wasn't all caps and i'm not being a jerk. I'm just saying use common sense. If u realized that the seats weren't going flat like they are supposed to, why would u come to a website to look for help? the first place would be to use the manual included w/ the car. It's like saying u want to make instant macaroni and cheese from a box but u attempt it and it doesn't work and u come online 2 find instructions when the instructions should be on the box?

I agree with you that the forums are for help and everything and i'm probably one of the guys 2 send a PM about for help about almost anything fit related, but not when something that's in the manual and people still havn't figured it out when everything is right there. Get what i'm sayin? i dont' wanna offend u or nething im jus tellin u how i feel about this question coming up about 100 times. Oh and the caps is there not to be yelling but to give u the main points of the paragraph so u could just read the bold parts n get what i was tryin 2 say in the entire paragraph.

Edit someone just posted the exact same question somewhere else on the board almost the exact same time. =[

Old 11-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Banned
And Try Searching. There Are Like 5 posts About This Very Problem. And The Consensus Is .....read The Manual

Last edited by claymore; 11-20-2007 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:20 AM
5 Year Member
To do long mode you need to drop the back seats flat, then push the front seat forward and recline it on top of the back seats. The front and rear seats do not sit flush in long mode.

For refreash mode you need to remove the front head rest, push the seat all the way forward and hold it forward. If it rolls back and locks in place it will not clear.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
u forgot 2 add that the back seats have to be reclined in order for refresh mode to work correctly (and for the seats to be aligned properly).

Old 11-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Retired Moderator
You know what? Tonight, for the sake of everyone on this forum, I'm gonna do a step by step guide on how to get into every mode with reference pictures so repetitive questions like this will not be asked. I'll start a new thread and request the mods in that forum to sticky it.

Old 11-20-2007, 01:19 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive
You know what? Tonight, for the sake of everyone on this forum, I'm gonna do a step by step guide on how to get into every mode with reference pictures so repetitive questions like this will not be asked. I'll start a new thread and request the mods in that forum to sticky it.
good idea but i bet people are still gonna ask about these modes. it's been asked like 5-7 times in the past year right? i think it's just the waves of new people getting fits and then joining the forums and asking for help. it's worth a shot though.

Old 11-20-2007, 04:48 PM
Retired Moderator
Well at least we all won't have to type out how to do it again and people don't have to keep asking what the hell we mean. Just grab the link or tell them to go to the thread. I know it won't stop noobs from asking, but at least it won't be as frustrating to explain every single time

Old 11-20-2007, 06:23 PM
I'm a dumbass!

Thank You very much. Now I'm seeing conflicting info. Does the passenger front seat go down FLUSH with the back seat or not? I've read the manual and I've searched. Thank you all for your help.

Old 11-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Retired Moderator
I'm heading home shortly and I'll get pics of it ASAP to show you how to do it and how it will look. In refresh mode, the front passenger seat sits flush with the rear seat, but if you put it in long mode, it doesn't.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:20 PM
impossible?

I'm heading home shortly and I'll get pics of it ASAP to show you how to do it and how it will look. In refresh mode, the front passenger seat sits flush with the rear seat, but if you put it in long mode, it doesn't.
perhaps I was expecting the impossible. I got refresh mode flat no problem. I thought it went flat with, NOT ON TOP OF, the back of the rear seat in long mode. Thank you for your effort!

Last edited by feddup; 11-20-2007 at 07:21 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-20-2007, 08:26 PM
Retired Moderator
Yeah that would never happen. I'll show pics of all the different modes.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Retired Moderator
Here ya go boys, a quick tutorial:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post197309

Old 11-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Thanks!

Thanks for the tutorial. I swear I thought the first salesman that showed me the magic seats got the passenger seat to go down level with rest of utility mode. Must have been a drug flashback. Thanks for the effort! Much appreciated!

Quick Reply: long mode, no magic?