Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

red steering wheel emblem

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 01:56 AM
You know the more I think about it, I really think the red emblem would
look killer in my car with the red filtered instrument cluster. It might make
my dash look even more sexy....haahaa

Old 02-08-2008, 02:04 AM
Originally Posted by F'it_ImFromTx
im sure it all will fit the wheels look about the same. are the ket fobs just a vinyl piece as well or is it the whole plastic back piece? because brice at jhp told me that the actual plastic back piece with the red h's will fit any honda key that is like that.
Its the whole plastic backpiece from what i can tell. I could be wrong but i wouldnt think its just a tiny red sticker. haha. Atleast i hope not

Old 02-08-2008, 02:06 AM
Originally Posted by Snap Fit
You know the more I think about it, I really think the red emblem would
look killer in my car with the red filtered instrument cluster. It might make
my dash look even more sexy....haahaa
DO IT!!!!!! Haha

Old 02-08-2008, 06:51 AM
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
Its the whole plastic backpiece from what i can tell. I could be wrong but i wouldnt think its just a tiny red sticker. haha. Atleast i hope not
im actually pretty sure its just a vinyl sticker or something like the vinyl piece for the steering wheel. i could be wrong and if i am please let me know. because the cheapest i have seen the actual piece was like 32 bucks. but if it is the whole back half of the key fob then thumbs up for getting it at a third of the price

Old 02-09-2008, 12:29 AM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
The steering wheel emblem is a different size on the Fit than the 8th gen Civic, I have a 06 Si and tried the steering wheel emblem inserts on the Fit but the emblem was larger on the Fit. We make vinyl graphics and are working on making the steering wheel emblem inserts for the Fit. I will post a picture of my Fit steering wheel emblem with the red inserts soon, maybe by the end of the weekend.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:52 AM
Originally Posted by TFB Designs
The steering wheel emblem is a different size on the Fit than the 8th gen Civic, I have a 06 Si and tried the steering wheel emblem inserts on the Fit but the emblem was larger on the Fit. We make vinyl graphics and are working on making the steering wheel emblem inserts for the Fit. I will post a picture of my Fit steering wheel emblem with the red inserts soon, maybe by the end of the weekend.
so basically what you are saying is that im gonna have to chop up my newly purchased parts to make them fit huh? eh i think it will be a worthy investment of my time if i can get it to fit and look clean. and if not it just 15 bucks down the hole. which more than likely would have been spent on coffee, cigarettes or fast food. i still have some one to sell them to if they dont fit.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:09 AM
Originally Posted by F'it_ImFromTx
so basically what you are saying is that im gonna have to chop up my newly purchased parts to make them fit huh? eh i think it will be a worthy investment of my time if i can get it to fit and look clean. and if not it just 15 bucks down the hole. which more than likely would have been spent on coffee, cigarettes or fast food. i still have some one to sell them to if they dont fit.
The steering wheel emblem on the Fit is larger than the 06+ Civic, the product for the Civic will be smaller than the one needed for the Fit by a noticeable amount. If you know someone with a 06+ Civic you will probably want to sell the steering wheel emblem to them. We should have the red steering wheel emblem inserts for the Fit ready by the end of this weekend.

Here is a picture of the steering wheel emblem inserts we make installed on our 06 Si:

Old 02-09-2008, 05:48 PM
The red steering wheel emblem inserts for the Fit are now available. Check it out:

eBay Motors: Red Steering Wheel Emblem Inserts 07 08 Honda FIT Jazz (item 320216665587 end time Feb-16-08 14:21:10 PST)

Old 02-09-2008, 06:31 PM
The red steering wheel emblem inserts for the Fit are now available. Check it out:

eBay Motors: Red Steering Wheel Emblem Inserts 07 08 Honda FIT Jazz (item 320216665587 end time Feb-16-08 14:21:10 PST)
That was fast! (k, well it seemed fast!)

Old 02-10-2008, 05:57 PM
The steering wheel emblem on the Fit is larger than the 06+ Civic, the product for the Civic will be smaller than the one needed for the Fit by a noticeable amount. If you know someone with a 06+ Civic you will probably want to sell the steering wheel emblem to them. We should have the red steering wheel emblem inserts for the Fit ready by the end of this weekend.
That kinda sucks. I guess i will have to cell my emblem to my civic friend then. Oh well i guess it could have been worse.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:53 AM
so i finally got my order from grafixpressions. i ordered the vinyl steering wheel emblem and the stickers for the key fob. the key fob inserts went on clean and look just as good as the real thing. as for the steering wheel emblem, by the time it arrived i knew it would not fit but i figured id give it a try any ways. the emblem is a flexible vinyl cut out which when centered is about 2 millimeters to small for the fits emblem. i tried to heat it and stretch it a bit to make it fit. it didnt work, at first it would stretch. but after a few seconds it would shrink back down to its normal size. after about five attempts with a hair dryer i decided to put it in my microwave. its basically done for. im sure with a bit of patience it could be modified to fit. but it would be way to much trouble just for a steering wheel emblem IMO.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Question

TFB why dont you set up a group buy on this !!!!!!!!

You will make more money selling to us then you will on ebay

there are allot of people that want this

GROUP BUY

Old 02-12-2008, 11:11 AM
We will be sponsoring the forum soon and then we can set up a group buy for this item. We are also working on a lot of other products for the Fit that should be available very soon.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
awww.. i should have waited for the group buy, i just ordered mine last night on ebay. oh well

Old 02-12-2008, 08:50 PM
I ended up stopping the order through paypal before they sent the payment so i wont get the wrong stuff. I will reorder just the key fob vinyls in a couple days. I may just say forget the interior for awhile. I have other parts coming in that are gonna need some serious time to instal and dont have much time to get those done as is.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Retired Moderator
So is this GB going down?

Old 02-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Retired Moderator
Anyways, I got sick of waiting for the GB, so I used eBay...will inform you guys of how it looks and how it fits once I get it!

Old 02-15-2008, 05:02 AM
Originally Posted by Illusive
Anyways, I got sick of waiting for the GB, so I used eBay...will inform you guys of how it looks and how it fits once I get it!
looking at your posts you got sick of waiting in just under 20 minutes
HAHAAHAHAAA...
k...I thought that was pretty funny

Old 02-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Snap Fit
looking at your posts you got sick of waiting in just under 20 minutes
HAHAAHAHAAA...
k...I thought that was pretty funny
LOL yeah it pretty much took me 20 minutes to decide it wasn't going to happen in the near future. I've been tracking this thread for the last week or so. Also, even with a GB price, I can't seeing it going down that much. I'll pay the extra $3 to get it ASAP

Old 02-15-2008, 09:45 AM
i've got an '03 model fit/jazz

The emblem in my steering wheel is just a flat surface

do you reckon it will still fit?

Quick Reply: red steering wheel emblem