Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

H-Fit Short Shifter kit...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 05:23 AM
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
i went on the site and it said $30 is that the price or am i reading it wrong ?
I believe thats for the "shifter hard mount" which comes with the short shifter, but is not the full short shifter

Old 10-02-2007, 10:45 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by thejroisgo
I believe thats for the "shifter hard mount" which comes with the short shifter, but is not the full short shifter
Jason is 100% correct. $35 is for the "Shifter Hard Mount Kit", which is included if you purchase the short shifter kit:
H-Fit.com....Products now available. Performance for track and street...Softgoods for your body!

Thanks Jason, I wasn't able to get to this one quicker.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Hi All,

We at H-FIT.com just wanted to provide some info on our new H-Fit Short Shifter Adapter System (SSAS).

The SSAS consists of the short shifter adapter and a four piece hard mount kit.

The short shifter adapter is made of heat treated ASTM 1040 mid-carbon steel. We chose to use this this material for strength and longevity. The design reduces the shifter throw by 21%. We found this to be the optimum length to produce the shortest and cleanest shifts.

The adapter utilizes 4 cone point hardened alloy set screws that bite into the OEM shifter shaft well above the OEM pivot ball. This provides an extra secure mounting method without the possibility of marring and damaging the OEM pivot ball. Additionally, we optimized the pivot ball diameter to more perfectly fit the OEM plastic ball cup. This reduces the amount of play between the shifter pivot ball and the shifter cable, which in turn tightens things up a bit.

The hard mount kit was designed to firm up the entire stock shifter assembly. The hard mounts replace the stock rubber bushings with 6061-T6 aluminum spacers. The hard mount bushings are designed to fit snug into the stock plastic shifter assembly body to keep the assembly sturdily mounted to the car. The bushings raise the stock shifter assembly 1/8" in order to eliminate any contact between the short shifter adapter and the sheetmetal above the gas tank.

The hard mount allows the shifter "click" sound and feel to be more defined and allows more precise gear selection.

The combination of the short shifter adapter and hard mount kit produces short, tight, and crisp shifts with excellent shifter feedback.

Edit: I forgot to answer the questions on the pricing. The current pricing on the website is for the hard mounts only. The SSAS kit will consists of the hard mount spacers and the short shift adapter. We will have pricing for the SSAS kit up shortly on the website under the products section.

As always, feel free to ask any further questions you have and we'll be happy to answer them.

Thanks again!

H-FIT team

H-Fit.com....Products now available. Performance for track and street...
J Squared Advanced Development - Performance Automotive Engineering

Last edited by H-FIT-James; 10-03-2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:00 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
James! I tried to email you guys, but seems like the info@h-fit.com is over quota?

Old 10-03-2007, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for chiming in James!

Old 10-03-2007, 08:35 PM
dude it is truly the best shifting feeling that i have ever felt
ahahha
during the meet james let me sit in his H-Fit car and let me play with the shifter

OMG it was soooo crisp
ima buy the kit when i pay my credit card
ahhaha

*********oops i meant johnny********

Last edited by dickiez; 10-18-2007 at 08:36 PM. Reason: oops
Old 10-03-2007, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dickiez
dude it is truly the best shifting feeling that i have ever felt
ahahha
during the meet james let me sit in his H-Fit car and let me play with the shifter

OMG it was soooo crisp
ima buy the kit when i pay my credit card
ahhaha
Ohh man, Jason's gonna be Jealous when he reads this. lol

(BTW, He's talking about James from H-Fit, not me)

Last edited by JamesBizzle; 10-03-2007 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by JamesBizzle
Ohh man, Jason's gonna be Jealous when he reads this. lol
SON OF A...!!!

I felt it waaaaay back in july i believe at the gymkhana event, but i didn't know if they were changing anyting, or if that was just the hard mount kit. either way I'm amped... once i pay off some of my credit card I'm getting this

Old 10-04-2007, 12:00 AM
comparison's to the Mugen SS? I'd consider the H-Fit adaptor, but already have the Mugen on order....

Old 10-04-2007, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

SON OF A...!!!

I felt it waaaaay back in july i believe at the gymkhana event, but i didn't know if they were changing anyting, or if that was just the hard mount kit. either way I'm amped... once i pay off some of my credit card I'm getting this
The one in the H-Fit Fit is the prototype short shifter kit, but the one in my car is the actual production model.

Originally Posted by Canadian_R32
comparison's to the Mugen SS? I'd consider the H-Fit adaptor, but already have the Mugen on order....
I'd gladly do a comparison but no one, that I know of, with the Mugen SS kit lives close to me.

Old 10-04-2007, 02:17 AM
5 Year Member
dang im so tempted to order this!! is it pretty simple to install? does it come with instructions?

Old 10-04-2007, 02:35 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by zer0sk8ordie
dang im so tempted to order this!! is it pretty simple to install? does it come with instructions?
Yes, it's pretty easy to install. should take no more then 20 min.

and,

Yes, it will come with instruction. They were actually taking pictures for the instructions as they were putting it in my car.

You should order it. You won't regret it. i sure havn't

Old 10-04-2007, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member
Will it be possible to get the Short Shifter assembly without the hard mount kit?

I've already ordered the hard mount kit and may decide later on to get the short shifter.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cojaro
Will it be possible to get the Short Shifter assembly without the hard mount kit?

I've already ordered the hard mount kit and may decide later on to get the short shifter.
I don't know, but you can Email H-fit or PM on of them and I'm sure you'll get your answer. If you do find out, please post up their response for others that may have the same question as you in the future.

Thanks

Old 10-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Hi again,

We knew we were going to have some questions from those who have already purchased the hard mount kit alone.

We did not want any of our prior hard mount customers to miss out on the benefits of the entire SSAS kit so we have decided to create this offer.

We wanted to make sure that any prior customer who has purchased the Hard Mount Kit only, could upgrade to the entire SSAS for the difference in price between the hard mount kit and the SSAS kit. Currently that is $45 until the introductory period is over.

Our ultimate goal is to offer Fit owners performance options to enhance their driving experience, therefore our decision to make this offer was simple. We know how it feels to purchase something and then a week later the new and improved part is already released. Not a good feeling.

For those who are interested in this offer, please send an email to info@h-fit.com with "hardmount upgrade" in the subject for further instructions.

Thanks again!
H-FIT team

H-Fit.com....Short Shifter Adapter System is now available!!!
J Squared Advanced Development - Performance Automotive Engineering

Old 10-05-2007, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
Kudos to H-Fit! How did I know you guys would say that!?

H- Fit = Excelent customer service as well as Excelent costomer care before AND after a purchase. = VERY satisfied customers.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:57 AM
SON OF A...!!!

i just ordered the short shift thingy and the hard mounts its super cheap right now if you get its $75 intead of $95

i couldnt wait to pay off my credit card cuz of the price right now so i just baught it
=]
woot
=]

Old 10-06-2007, 06:49 AM
5 Year Member
do they come separate or the short throw with the bushing comes together...

Old 10-06-2007, 10:58 AM
interesting that you say you say you can't go back after installing the skunk 2...nothing is cut, nothing is tossed...so, going back to the stock is simple...what am i missing?

Old 10-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by JamesBizzle
And I forgot to check out your drop on your new susspension. Damn it!
lol. sorry man, you can check it out at the Meet Chris is hosting next month and I'll peep out your new Coils.

What I said up there was what I heard from H-Fit. According to them, the way that the screws are used to hold the adaptor in place will damage the shifter itself (the bar, or what ever you call it). Because of this, in order to go back to stock, you'll have to replace it.

I can't explain it too well, but if you'd like a better explaination, can email them at:
info@h-fit.com

If you do end up Emailing them, please post thier response for other members interested.
Thanks!
sorry, and i know it is not u, and slap me if you want, but i call bullcrap on that one.........sounds like a bit of company espionage on that one...

i say, "let the best shifter/ and/or what ever one's personal preference is" be the deciding factor, not some bullcrap about 3 dinlky little set screws damaging the shifter bar...........

Quick Reply: H-Fit Short Shifter kit...