Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Automatic window switches

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Question Automatic window switches

Hey everybody. I've looked for a while throughout the site, but couldn't seem to find any answers to the following question.

Does anyone know if it would be possible to replace all of the power window switches with ones that have automatic up and down?

I was in a friend's Infinity recently and noticed that every window switch he had was auto up and down. Freakin awesome. I haven't tried contacting a dealer about it yet because I wanted to ask the great people on this forum first.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
tagged for interest

Old 08-27-2007, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
people with scion xbs have been buying the switches from the tc, taking them apart, and putting them in the xb switch bezel. Maybe there is a honda model we can do that with?

Old 09-20-2007, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mattpuchlerz
Does anyone know if it would be possible to replace all of the power window switches with ones that have automatic up and down?
Does it go auto up AND down? mine only go auto down.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:38 AM
Sorry if I was unclear. Mine only go down as well... I was just saying that it would be awesome if they all could be replaced with ones that actually do go up and down automatically.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Yeah man that would be sweet.
drove my brothers 04 g35 and all windows go auto up and down from drivers seat. I dont know about the other doors but still.
that would be a sweet rig if someone could figure that one out for our hondas. :-)

Old 09-26-2007, 12:23 PM
My 2004 Ex Accord had the auto up/down for the driver only.
I think the switch is bigger though.
Would that work?

Old 09-28-2007, 05:10 PM
FrogDaddy,

Can you snag a pic of it to see

Old 10-01-2007, 11:20 AM
chibisak, operative word "had". I no longer have the accord. Go figure, I traded it in for a fit. Ugh!!

Old 05-25-2008, 11:44 AM
yea sure you can go buy the DEI 530T POWER WINDOW AUTOMATION SYSTEM Viper Alarm</IMG> is on ebay.

Old 05-26-2008, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member
Not to jack your thread, but just to add more emphasis on the windows.

Does anyone know how to do the auto up/down function and enable the windows to be raised and lowered via the lock/unlock button on the key fob (Like BMW)?

Old 05-26-2008, 04:58 AM
Sorry if I was unclear. Mine only go down as well... I was just saying that it would be awesome if they all could be replaced with ones that actually do go up and down automatically.
My driver side window is auto for both UP and down...

What is a pain though, is when my gf has her window down and forgets to close it by the time I've switched off the engine. Click, click, wait wait...(I can almost hear her feet tapping)...sigh ...replace key, turn to on, close window.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Well I'm not sure that it'd be 100% necessary to have the auto up & down functionality at all passenger doors, but it would be nice for it to be there for all windows at the driver's door.

The ability to still raise the window after the key has been shut off would be really nice as well.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:40 PM
windows

if you guy see what I try to said on the thread. the dei shit it works well and can make your windows go up if you lock your car.

Old 05-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by pandamove86
if you guy see what I try to said on the thread. the dei shit it works well and can make your windows go up if you lock your car.
The OP is wanting to be able to have auto up from the window switch, not from when you arm the alarm. Your ebay link does not provide the ability to do that.

Old 05-26-2008, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chibisak
FrogDaddy,

Can you snag a pic of it to see
My 08 CR-V has auto up for the drivers side window as well. Maybe these switches can be used?

CR-V

Fit

Old 05-26-2008, 03:24 PM
Nope won't happen, I've got auto up and down on my UK Jazz and had same on my old ITR. When I swapped the switches in that for some JDM carbon fibre style ones I was gonna stick auto on passenger side as well but the auto switch itself is massive, has its own circuit board and would have required some major electronics. Assuming Jazz would be the same.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
u shud get the windows to come down faster, just like the s2k in fast and furious!!!

Old 05-26-2008, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
Hey everybody. I've looked for a while throughout the site, but couldn't seem to find any answers to the following question.

I was in a friend's Infinity recently and noticed that every window switch he had was auto up and down. Freakin awesome. I haven't tried contacting a dealer about it yet because I wanted to ask the great people on this forum first.
I looked in to it a while back and I am not sure how easy it would be to get your hands on the switch. As far as I know, It has to be bought as a whole unit, which includes the other three window switches (#1) and will run you around $150+. That is why I gave up on it.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:44 AM
5 Year Member
isitisafox said his UK jazz has auto up, so maybe that switch fit would the US cars...or bank of siwtches if they are all one unit below the trim.
I noticed that the loaner accord I had has the auto up, and I think about it every day when I go through security to get in and out of the parking garage at work, especially if it's raining when I leave.
I'd also be interested in some mod that would then allow then windows to work after the ignition is off, like the wife's Mini.

Quick Reply: Automatic window switches