Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Installing my deck, need help with rca's plz

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 01:53 AM
Installing my deck, need help with rca's plz

Hey there I'm a new fit owner as of a month ago and all i can say is that its a wild little car. K heres the question I just bought a Jensen 7" Multimedia Receiver (VM9312) and wanted to hook up a sub in the future. Now this deck has a single blue rca that says subwoofer (Which i have no clue what it does lol) and 2 sets of red and white rca's one set labeled rear and one set labeled front i just would like to know what wires i have to run to the back so in the future i can quickly plug in a sub and amp. Pics of the install should be up soon!!! My Scosche dash kit harness and ant adapter should have been here 2 days ago so any day now!!

Last edited by Elash47; 08-16-2007 at 01:56 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:56 PM
you need to get RCA cable and plug it into tha tblue rca and run the cable to the back of your car for now until you get your amp and sub. You'll then plug that RCA into your Amp. then from amp to your sub with speaker cable. For other 2 sets it's for you in future if you want to install a better front and back speaker which require more power, you would do the same as to sub but this time you would plug 2 set to 4 channel amp to power your bigger and better spekers.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:19 AM
5 Year Member
Don't forget the signal wire, it will be on the harness from scosche, run that to the back also.

two wires at least for the sub amplifier, a 5v signal wire (any speaker wire works) and the RCA for that blue sub connection.

When you get your new sub amplifier, you just plug those into your new amp, run a power cable from your battery, ground the amp to any metal surface you find in the trunk, and youre set.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:44 AM
the thing that confused me was that every deck ive ever had only had 1 or 2 pairs of red and white rcas not this blue one. Is it better to run just the blue one and signal wire to the back or could i pick one of the of the 2 pairs of red and white rcas and run to the back. Is there something speacial about the blue subwoofer wire. Sorry for all the questions i just have the basic basic knowledge of car audio installs.

Thanks, Elash

Old 08-17-2007, 02:04 PM
It's better to use Blue on for sub. The head unit have a power subwoofer output that you can set. if you plug it into any other one your Head unit will not see the subwoofer plug in. At lease that's how my Alpine works.