Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Just picked up an AVIC-D3

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 05:18 PM
Banned
Just picked up an AVIC-D3

Well, I spent some money today and called Scosche to order their install kit with the panel, harness, and antenna adapter. Sucks I couldn't get the FitFreak price but oh well.
So I figured I would find the HU that I wanted to slap in there. I ended up getting the AVIC-D3. I think that the features for this unit and the price (just under $900) for a nav unit is pretty good. So next weekend everything should be here from Scosche and I will get the unit installed.

Any thoughts on the unit? Kind of after-the-fact but is it a good unit from any experienced people? Thanks in advance.

Kris

Old 06-22-2007, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
lol You got yourself a bunch of get well presents! Glad to see the sickness is not stopping you from living. I've read that the AVIC-D3 is a nice unit. You can't go wrong with Pioneer headunits.

Old 06-22-2007, 07:14 PM
Banned
Dude! I am such a chick! (not literally!) When I am down and out, I shop! Seriously! I just go out and spend money when I am feeling crappy!

By the way. I will be in Cocoa this Sunday until Wednesday for my new jobs orientation. PM me if you have a chance and we can try to chill for a few.

Kris

Old 06-22-2007, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
Just installed the d3 good luck i love it have xm with traffic worth it payed 909 $ with the xm used the metra kit from crunch field- 68 dollors or something

Old 06-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Banned
How did you do the VSS wire? Any anomales I should know about before stuffing this thing in there? I hope that the Scosche harness has the wire for the VSS but I can't find anything on it. If you did tap the VSS, which wire? Which Color? Is it in the original Honda harness? Thanks.

Kris

Old 06-22-2007, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
vss is the purple with the white wire you will have to use the wire crimp it is in the harness but not on the plug .okay pay attention to do the bypass you take out the mute wire from the harness and put it in on the empty slot right above it step two you put it to the black wire with the parking break wire so in total you will have the mute wire with the parking break wire all on the black ground wire. its a bitch to pull the radio out pull hard like the other post say mistakes that i have done the ant wire you must connect the blue wire from the harness to the radios blue wire .it is hard to get to the 8 mm bolts take your time two hours from start to finish with the xm and all . xm unit is under the passenger foot under the carpet cant even tell its there.also be carefull with the three cables for the a/c

Old 06-22-2007, 10:52 PM
Banned
Thanks man. I have read different things about the VSS color. I already did the bypass! :P I am not too worried about anything else as I took the radio out before. But thanks for the info.

Why is it a MUST to connect the antenna wire? It should only be for a power antenna right? Anyway, I will get to it next weekend and I am kind of stoked about it. Do you have any pictures of the install? I want to get an idea of how it will look.

Kris

Old 06-22-2007, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
its an amplified ant so you will get bad reception of you dont