Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Driver's Side Dash Pocket...any Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 12:57 PM
Driver's Side Dash Pocket...any Ideas?

I'M A LITTLE IRRITATED AT THE LITTLE THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN LEFT OUT OF OUR FITS (AS I AM SURE MANY OF US ARE ). I KNOW THESE ARE MONEY SAVING (MAKING) MEASURES FOR HONDA SO I GUESS I COULD BE THANKFUL WE AT LEAST GET THESE CARS HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. SO ANYWAYS...ANY IDEAS HOW TO SWAP OR COVER THE "POCKET" ON THE DRIVER'S SIDE DASHBOARD (RIGHT UNDER THE MIRROR SWITCHES)? I'VE BEEN USING THIS TO HOLD MY COINS AND IT JUST DOESN'T DO THE JOB VERY WELL.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:45 PM
I used to put my change in there until I bought a JDM coin holder. Now I use it for my cell phone.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by djk949
I'M A LITTLE IRRITATED AT THE LITTLE THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN LEFT OUT OF OUR FITS (AS I AM SURE MANY OF US ARE ). I KNOW THESE ARE MONEY SAVING (MAKING) MEASURES FOR HONDA SO I GUESS I COULD BE THANKFUL WE AT LEAST GET THESE CARS HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. SO ANYWAYS...ANY IDEAS HOW TO SWAP OR COVER THE "POCKET" ON THE DRIVER'S SIDE DASHBOARD (RIGHT UNDER THE MIRROR SWITCHES)? I'VE BEEN USING THIS TO HOLD MY COINS AND IT JUST DOESN'T DO THE JOB VERY WELL.
There is a JDM coin holder that goes into the blank spot next to the mirror switches. It only holds $2 in quarters, but it was only $10 and installs in less than 3 minutes with no tools.

There is also a guy on this board that sells neoprene liners for the various cubbies and cup holders all over the car, that may quiet the contents and reduce movement of your stuff.

Eric

Old 06-14-2007, 02:00 PM
thanks eric! who is the guy thet sells the neoprene liners?

Old 06-14-2007, 02:53 PM
I don't know how to link another thread directly into this one...

The thread is in the "Fit inside" forum, or you can search for "non slip pads". The supplier posted a link to his ebay store. They're things that you could make yourself, but he's obviously got the process down to make them the right shape with clean edges. I might get a set eventually...

Eric

Old 06-14-2007, 03:10 PM
thanks...found 'em!

Old 06-14-2007, 03:26 PM
i personally like the slot there...it holds a lot of change, but if you make hard turns all taht change just slides out all over the floor mat

Old 06-14-2007, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
I like the slot there.

I use mine to hold my wallet (I always remove it when driving...). However, I also always forget my wallet when I go into a store or into a restaurant - so my wife ends up using her bank card. But, it's the same bank account.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
You talking about that big pocket in the knee area under the mirror controls?
I added a coin holder and put my Ignition Booster in the pocket. Since paid a good amount for a box with a light in it I want to at least see it!

Old 06-14-2007, 10:37 PM
I took the clip off of my garage door opener and put it in there....

Old 06-14-2007, 11:14 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
i have like 2 lbs. of coins in there

Old 06-15-2007, 12:29 AM
I put my ipod in there with cord routed through the dash and coming out through the hole there and right next to the aux jack

Old 06-15-2007, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jojabis
I put my ipod in there with cord routed through the dash and coming out through the hole there and right next to the aux jack

good idea! My wires are just everywhere, I have the one where it's plugged into the pins on the bottom of ipod to charge and aux input.. too many wires haha

Old 06-15-2007, 01:58 AM
5 Year Member
i put a folded up microfiber cloth in there so i can wipe down my interior real fast when i need to. i used 2 put chnage in there but i hate it when i drive hard and my change goes all over the place so i stop putting it there. Cell phone does the same thing so now i put my cell phone in the door pocket, samsung sync fits perfectly in there.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:27 AM
I just went out and bought a $3 rubber coin purse to hold my change and stuck it in the pocket. Because it's rubber it doesn't slip around or make any noise. I my still get the JDM coin holder if I want to use the pocket for something else but the coin purse will hold a lot more than the $2 worth that the JDM holder does.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:04 PM
JDM Coin Holder is cute but...

In my experience, the JDM holder sure is better than a missing accessory switch but it jingles enough to get bothersome at times. I'm trying to figure out a solution but for now, it's empty and just looks neat. Coins are in a nice bank roll in the glove box.

Now that rubber tray thingie?
I think that iPod idea is pretty good. Howz about some pictures if you gots?

Old 06-15-2007, 03:28 PM
i went ahead and ordered the neoprene non-slip pads...will let you guys know how they work out. in the meantime i moved my coins to the rectangular bin next to the parking brake...now they don't fall out when i corner - they just make a racket! still love my fit though...

Old 06-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by AppleMac*Fit
I like the slot there.

I use mine to hold my wallet (I always remove it when driving...). However, I also always forget my wallet when I go into a store or into a restaurant - so my wife ends up using her bank card. But, it's the same bank account.
I also use it as my "wallet holder" while driving! Hate sitting on the wallet.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
The pocket holds change well and you don't hear any noises from the coins.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
I love that pocket! I put my wallet there, fits perfect

Quick Reply: Driver's Side Dash Pocket...any Ideas?