Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Radio *sometimes* stays on after turning off car

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
Radio *sometimes* stays on after turning off car

Hi all,

Our Fit's radio/stereo sometimes stays on for a few seconds after turning the car off. Some other times, the radio stops right away. We've tried different things to reproduce it like holding the break/clutch in while turning it off but it seems very random.

Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a way to make it happen or prevent it from happening? This isn't a big problem, but more a curiosity. Maybe something is wrong? Maybe we're complete nubs?

Thanks!

Digi

Old 05-31-2007, 07:29 PM
The radio will stay on until you open the door. My boyfriends Chevrolet SUV does the same thing, and also, have you noticed that when you come to a stop that the radio goes down in volume?

Old 06-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by Digimer
Hi all,

Our Fit's radio/stereo sometimes stays on for a few seconds after turning the car off. Some other times, the radio stops right away. We've tried different things to reproduce it like holding the break/clutch in while turning it off but it seems very random.

Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a way to make it happen or prevent it from happening? This isn't a big problem, but more a curiosity. Maybe something is wrong? Maybe we're complete nubs?

Thanks!

Digi
Hah. I had that start up a few weeks ago out of the blue. I thought it was because I installed an amp & sub and might have had some kind of short somewhere.

It happened for a couple weeks, then stopped.

Really weird.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cashondeb
The radio will stay on until you open the door. My boyfriends Chevrolet SUV does the same thing, and also, have you noticed that when you come to a stop that the radio goes down in volume?
Hiya,

I know about the speed adjusting sound. We've also tried checking if it was waiting for the door to open (my first guess), but that wasn't it. It's very random!

Digi

Old 06-01-2007, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by joe d
Hah. I had that start up a few weeks ago out of the blue. I thought it was because I installed an amp & sub and might have had some kind of short somewhere.

It happened for a couple weeks, then stopped.

Really weird.

For us it's come and gone a few times in the ten months we've had the car. I'm not so upset by it as I am paranoid that it might be an early sign of an eventual problem/failure in the head unit after the warranty is up.

I asked about it at the dealership and they just scratched their head. I'll stop in again and make sure they put a note on our file in case it does eventually cause real problems.

Digi

Old 06-02-2007, 04:17 AM
5 Year Member
If you unplug your amp, it will turn off automatically, did you plug the amp remote turn on/signal cable to the fuse area? if you did, there is a cross somewhere.