Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Infinity BassLink 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Infinity BassLink 2

Hello everyone,
I like infiniy subs and speakers for the car. I have a baslink 2 that i installed and it works, but there is one problem. If i turn up the vol too loud it will ct off and stop working until i turn off the honda 07 fit sport head unit and then turn it back on again. Why is that? I have amp and remote on and ground installed and i am useing the front speakers has line in. Is i because i did not ground the basslink 2 right? Please let me know what can cause this type of problem. I love my honda fit sport 07 sliver so much and the bass link 2 in my friends car is so good. i want it to work good for me too.
Thanks for all the help.
Yasir Faheem

I do not know if i was clear above. The basslink will stay powered on but the bass will stoping from it until i turn off the head unit and turn it back on again. Why???

Last edited by yasirfaheem; 05-06-2007 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
Triple check the quality of your ground to the sub. Also turn the gain way down and see what happens.

Old 05-05-2007, 11:42 PM
where in the trunk can i find a good ground? I turn the gain all the way down and still it will cut out and i have to turn it off at the head unit and then on again for it to work.

Last edited by yasirfaheem; 05-05-2007 at 11:54 PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
Where ever you find metal is a good ground point... but be sure to sand it to the bare metal, and make sure you have a self tapping screw (the kind for screwing into metal, it has a tip that acts like a drill tip)

Old 05-06-2007, 08:00 AM
5 Year Member
There are tie downs in the rear corners of the floor. It goes to the chassis I believe. Make sure you use a power ring and don't just wrap bare wire around it.

Beyond that, it could be something in your electronics in line;the head unit that has something weird in it's sensing of voltage in line.???

You have the high level out from one of the speakers going right into this thing, right? No high to low adapter?

Old 05-06-2007, 12:30 PM
i have the front left and front right in pair going to the bass link.

Old 05-06-2007, 12:56 PM
I do not know if i was clear in the first post i made. The basslink will stay powered on but the bass will stoping from it until i turn off the head unit and turn it back on again. Why???

Old 05-08-2007, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
and our replies will be the same, "is it properly grounded?"

it could be an internal killswitch when the power is wrong, or it can't ground, or not enough batter power is available, (under 11volts).

Old 10-21-2007, 12:14 AM
basslink

Originally Posted by yasirfaheem
I do not know if i was clear in the first post i made. The basslink will stay powered on but the bass will stoping from it until i turn off the head unit and turn it back on again. Why???
Hey There,

I recently bought a basslink for my fit sport and after installing it had the same issue. I actually read your post the day before I installed it and was hoping to avoid the drama.

This is NOT a ground issue. Its really simple actually. Instead of using the line out converter on the basslink, you need to install an after market line out converter (also know as a hi-lo converter). You don't even need to remove the stock deck again if you know how to wire it up. If not, just run it by your local stereo guy and ask him to install a basic line-out or hi-lo converter. Takes about 5-7 minutes to complete if already have the basslink up and running.

After I installed mine, the basslink was perfect. I can blast it as loud as needed with out worrying about the basslink cutting out. Before I couldn't get it past level 15 on the stock deck w/o the bass cutting out.

FYI, basslink II in a Fit sounds very very clean.

Hope that helps bro..

Joe