Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Audiophile Functional Full System (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
I am speechless . I only did the floor on my Tacoma truck and that alone is killing me. I can't imagine the amount of patients and effort you put into this. Your Fit probably sound proof better than Lexus! Way to go!

Old 10-19-2007, 01:39 AM
5 Year Member
Invisible21,

Can you tell me the amp wire kit, the speaker cable kit, and what other wiring kit you need in order to prewire the 4 channels and the sub channel?

I don't have the cash like you do to do all the electronic equip. plus the RAAMMAT. That is over 1k easily. I am trying to prewire everythign while I do the RAAMMAT. Hope you can help me out.

Thanks.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by martymcfly
Can you tell me the amp wire kit, the speaker cable kit, and what other wiring kit you need in order to prewire the 4 channels and the sub channel?
I know this question wasn't intended for me, but I feel the need to answer. You might be better off buying a 50-100 foot roll of 16-14 gauge speaker cable and power/ground cable if you're trying to save money. I've found that "kits" are a little more expensive than buying things seperately.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by martymcfly
Invisible21,

It almost looks to me like he went with a Knukonceptz KLM kit - which is the one I bought. VERY reasonable prices with these guys...4ga amp kit for under $30?!? And Knu's a good brand, too, though I guess it may not matter too much for wiring. Sexy pearly blue and white color.

KnuKonceptz - view products for category AMP INSTALLATION KITS

timot is right about buying the speaker wire in bulk, but I'm not so sure about power/ground/RCA. For comparison's sake, you can get no-name 4ga cable in bulk from an online vendor like sonicelectronix for $0.75/foot or $15/20ft. A few feet of similar gauge ground cable adds a few bucks, and then RCAs, depending on quality, will run at LEAST $20 for the length you'd need. That's nearly $40 total right there - and don't forget that nearly all amp kits come with the fuse holder and fuse, ring terminals and other connectors, quick ties, etc etc. It's just one of those things you've got to spend time researching and finding the best price mix.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:12 PM
siick. i only rock elemental designs and alpine gear in my car. i have a nine1 and nine5 powering my car. aswell as their components. at this time im running a 13ov. but im just waiting for the 13av to come out.

to everyone elemental designs gear is greatest.best bang for the buck.

did you use the edead? and the teklite?

Old 04-25-2008, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
invisible21,

I'm actually planning on sound deadening my whole car next week. Any suggestions? How was taking out the seats and capet? Did you run into any problems? I'm going to wire my amp and subs (6.5" in the back doors) at the same time. What hardware did you use to to mount the amp?

Thanks,

Josh

Old 04-25-2008, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
yeah take some pain killers. your back is going to be killing you.

ive done a couple of cars with edead. man i did the roll on first, and then to make it look clean, i sprayed the entire car with the liquid edead.

made my car sound so much better, but really time consuming.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:38 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Wow nice work, looks very professional!

Old 04-26-2008, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member
I am going to use peal'n seal and then cover with liquid eDead. I did a lot of sound deadening on my last car, but never did the floorboard, this will be a new experience. I have an SPL meter so I can measure the difference it makes on the amount of road noise, but don't really want to waste the gas to get up to highway speeds before I sound deaden the car, i may end up doing it anyway though.

Josh

Old 02-15-2009, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
I know yours is a GD. Mine is a GE and I hope it will be similar. I am trying to remove the interior cover panel around the rear wheel well to do some sound deadening. But I cannot find any attaching screws. Are the panels snap-on. I am afraid to break something if I pull too hard.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Did the 3sixty make a big difference in the response of the factory HU? I've heard that it makes a big difference on some OEM systems but not much on others. I'm guessing it does since I've done everything but change the HU and it still sounds bad. As a note, I'm using Diamond 661s up front with CDT coaxials for rear fill and a leftover RF P2 (until I save enough to get a new sub/amp). I'd also like to keep the factory look but if it's just not possible to get that good SQ with the stock HU and a 3sixty I'll have to consider getting a dash kit and aftermarket HU.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:02 AM
Awesome job & great pics.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Fantastic job, I wish I had the patience to soundproof like that.

Originally Posted by CuTeBoi
Hmm, now that you mention it, the headlights never dimmed on me either. but all my internals did... my dome lights and dash would dim a bit...

and the engine didn't `perform` as well... be ready to take off the power... to test it out, but i noticed an engine performance issue =\

Waiting for scosche kit to arrive, and waiting for my friend to give me a quote a replacement alternator

EDIT:

Also, couldnt fit the 360 into the dash area, right above the glove compartment area? you could have put it on the support bar there, that's where i secured my Hi lo converter, i know the 360 is larger, but i saw lots of space there... =o

If you aren't drawing more than 50 amps or so at peak you can just install a capacitor. The capacitor technology has come a long way, you can get a 5 farad one no problem for a good price. That will solve all your power problems.

A 5 farad like this will run you like 80$ at an online discount store.

I used to run a 1 farad in my old car and I was drawing well over 100 amps at peak power. It was good enough to prevent the fuse (100 amp fuse) from burning out as long as I didn't blast it for hours.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 02-28-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:03 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
The original post was fantastic, I actually rep'd the guy before I realized he'll probably never see it! He's got 11 total posts and this one is from 2007.

Good writeup nevertheless. I may spend some time sound insulating my Fit.