Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Security system?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Security system?

I been looking around for a while now for a good security system for my base fit. I was thinking about the 07 Huatai selling on eBay, or maybe theCrimestopper. which one do you guy think would be best (feater and reliability wise), and if you guy have any other suggestions (brand), plz feel free! Also if any one have install an alarm system, plz post instruction here along with pix. because I'm plaining to install it myself (1st time), but i heard something about 3 certain type of wirer that should not be mess with? Do you guy have any clue? I want to do everything from window roll up down to engine start. any help will be appreciated. thanks

Old 04-21-2007, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
Drop the tools, put your hands up. Your under arrest for impersonating an installer. Are you kidding? Spend a few dollars and have it done professionally......please! It's not that much more.

Brands to look for are:

Crimestopper, Viper, Python, Clifford, Audiovox, Prestige. Don't buy no name JUNK off ebay. The reliability and security of your vehicle is at stake.

Old 04-22-2007, 01:26 AM
yeah i know

I'm a student and I have a budget. My city used to be the #1 car theft in all united state. now it take 6th place on the map. So far every car my family had own was stolen at least once. everywhere shop around here charg me 300+, not including hidden fees. That is why i'm trying to see if i can do this myself. that is why i want to see if i can do this myself. so if anyone have done this already, please.. any comment or advice on what to do would be great. also i read about the Huatai brand was pretty decent. i heard alot of bad thing about crimestopper.

Last edited by BluNaruto; 04-22-2007 at 01:29 AM.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:48 AM
5 Year Member
i understand how you feel blunaruto, im in the same spot except i don't have a fit yet. but i am a student and also in cali where most people are haters and steal cars. im planning on getting an alarm for the fit as well then finding out if i could afford it to have it installed of if i have to do it myself, where you located i had a friend that got his alarm of ebay for $100 and got it installed for $100, and his works great

Old 04-24-2007, 04:17 AM
5 Year Member
Why wont people get the LoJack???

or get a cell phone installed on a always on connection, those kiddy ones are quite handy, I installed it onto my acura, and i prepaid for a year at 300$ came with a phone too =D

Disney Mobile

They have it at 24.99 a month, i had it at 19.99 a month, prepaid a year in advance,and 2 year contract... if you KNOW your car will be stolen, just enjoy the GPS locator built into the phone, and when your car is stolen, drive over to the perps house, and be sure you either have big relatives, or you have the cops with you. Good luck... how to install?? get the car charger, splice into any always on 12v connection, and hide the phone someplace clever... where? that's for you to know, and for us to try and find it...

MARCO!!!!

Old 04-24-2007, 10:00 AM
5 Year Member
A security system first of all starts as THEFT DETERRENT.

With Lojack, they have BROKEN into your car, probably done some ignition damage or wiring damage.....stress......vehicle recovery......insurance hassles......not get the vehicle repaired.

Lojack should be ADDED to a complete security system.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Thumbs up Poor Mans Lojack

Awesome idea CuTeBoi. I just did some searching. A Boost phone is $68 shipped. There is a site called mologogo that uses the Boost phone plus some java program to track your "friends" for free. The minimum Boost prepaid plan is $15 every 90 days. So, it looks like it would cost about $10.67 per month for this poor mans lojack. Hmmm, I will have to look into this a bit more. I think you are on to something.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jake95825
Awesome idea CuTeBoi. I just did some searching. A Boost phone is $68 shipped. There is a site called mologogo that uses the Boost phone plus some java program to track your "friends" for free. The minimum Boost prepaid plan is $15 every 90 days. So, it looks like it would cost about $10.67 per month for this poor mans lojack. Hmmm, I will have to look into this a bit more. I think you are on to something.

You betcha =D

I have more income to be able to afford a lojack, now i pay for the cops to beat the crap out of the people that stole my car =P

it's the difference between ghetto, and suburban.