Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

anyone using any type of headrest pillows?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
anyone using any type of headrest pillows?

im hating on the fits seat.. the head rest is not comfortable to me what so ever... when i put my head back, i am looking at my sunvisor..

even if im really tired and just bare the uncomfortableness i need a pillow to help me through every day driving.

anyone using and type of pillow at the moment??

online merchants? please post!

Old 03-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by tdubl
im hating on the fits seat.. the head rest is not comfortable to me what so ever... when i put my head back, i am looking at my sunvisor..

even if im really tired and just bare the uncomfortableness i need a pillow to help me through every day driving.

anyone using and type of pillow at the moment??

online merchants? please post!
I agree with you about the lack of comfort- if I recline the seatback and try to relax, there is absolutely no head support. I was given a pillow that works great to solve this problem, but I just can't tell you where to find one since mine was a gift from a long time ago. This is sort of like a miniature bean-bag filled with tiny styrofoam pellets. It is made in the shape of an 8" or so diameter tube with closed ends, about 14" long, and with the pellet fill it conforms to any shape you push it into. Fits perfectly between the head restraint on the seat and the back of my neck/head.

This was one of those inexpensive "stocking stuffer" Xmas presents from K-Mart, Target, Ross, etc. I had absolutely no use for it and just stuck it in a closet until I found out that my Fit really needed it.

The stores mentioned are chain department stores common throughout California/Nevada. Try looking online at Overstock.com: Online Shopping Bedding, Furniture, Electronics, Jewelry, Clothing & more. Under pillows, look for "memory foam", etc., and try to find a smallish shape that you think would work. My little tubular pillow also works fairly well as a temporary lumbar support.

Good luck!

I followed my own advice and went to overstock.com. Look at "memory foam travel pillows"- around $8.00!

Last edited by manxman; 03-13-2007 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tdubl
It's not really designed to be used as a head rest, it's a head restraint, designed to prevent a whiplash injury if your car is hit in the rear.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
Mine is a little black pillow with an elastic that goes around the headrest. Has the red Honda H and the name stitched onto it. Picked it up at the local ricer shop for about 20 bucks

Old 03-14-2007, 12:40 AM
I've got some Marvin the Martian ones that have an elastic band to hold them on the headrest. Got them from some website that sold a bunch of Martian stuff. They work pretty good.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
i have the mugen neck pillows that u can buy from ebay. Me and jamesbizzle have the same ones cuz were tight like that. Sorry i don't have an interior shot of the actual pillows but they do look really tight and they are very high quality and fit perfectly.

Old 03-14-2007, 02:10 AM
hey i actually notice it in your pix now

Old 03-14-2007, 02:39 AM
5 Year Member
Yes me and Kevin a tight and yes these things are freakin' dope. they're cheap, effective, comfortable and and look pretty darn cool. High quality indeed. I highly recomed them to everyone. When I first saw Kevin's pics I though he had the Mugen seat covers. LOL.

Old 03-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by JamesBizzle
Yes me and Kevin a tight and yes these things are freakin' dope. they're cheap, effective, comfortable and and look pretty darn cool. High quality indeed. I highly recomed them to everyone. When I first saw Kevin's pics I though he had the Mugen seat covers. LOL.
James/Kevin-
Great suggestion- good looking pillows. Ebay has a seller with exactly the same product but with a generic (not Mugen) logo- 2 pilllows for under $20.00. I think I will shit-can my present pillow and buy the ebay ones.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:05 AM
thanks kevin. I'll get one like that from ebay. lots of them about $20 shipped for a pair.
eBay - honda pillow, Parts Accessories, eBay Motors items on eBay.com

Old 03-16-2007, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member
i cant find anything else but those mugen ones, i want those type of pillow but plain old black cant be found

Last edited by tdubl; 03-16-2007 at 02:43 AM.