Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Scosche Honda Fit Kit closer than ever

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 02:09 PM
SIgned up for the alert, too, though I may just go ahead and back-order it so that it ships to me the moment they have it.

The release date for this has been changed multiple times (and the model number at least once). November, December, and Jan/Feb have all been rumored. The current "word on the street" is end of March/first week April.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by DangerMoose
The release date for this has been changed multiple times (and the model number at least once). November, December, and Jan/Feb have all been rumored. The current "word on the street" is end of March/first week April.

The word in the street? The word from the company is right here. The check the email address of Scoscheguy (the person who started this thread) jgrantham@scosche.com

I would think all posts from him would be direct word on the status of the product...

Old 03-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by WhatFreshHell
The word in the street? The word from the company is right here. The check the email address of Scoscheguy (the person who started this thread) jgrantham@scosche.com

I would think all posts from him would be direct word on the status of the product...

And word from Scosche reps on other sites late last year were that Nov/Dec was likely. And, as far as anyone knows, no one on the group buy list has received anything, as yet. So, whatever scoscheguy says may be the "latest" but it's no more than a rumor until it's real or I see an actual press release from Scosche.

Try clowning someone else.

Last edited by DangerMoose; 03-16-2007 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:22 PM
And word from Scosche reps on other sites late last year were that Nov/Dec was likely. And, as far as anyone knows, no one on the group buy list has received anything, as yet. So, whatever scoscheguy says may be the "latest" but it's no more than a rumor until it's real or I see an actual press release from Scosche.

Try clowning someone else.

I wasn't trying to clown you. There are recent posts saying that they are shipping out to the first 50 this week.
I was just saying that you could check right here for a better source than a "word on the street", as you put it.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by WhatFreshHell
I wasn't trying to clown you. There are recent posts saying that they are shipping out to the first 50 this week.
I was just saying that you could check right here for a better source than a "word on the street", as you put it.

Sorry I took offense, but the stuff on an internet message board (regardless of an actual Scosche rep being here) is still just "word on the street", as it's not official and even scoscheguy isn't guaranteeing when he'll get those first 50 out.

And in case anyone gets it twisted, I absolutely appreciate scoscheguy coming here and giving us more insight than anywhere else on the 'Net, but production timelines are notoriously difficult to pin down, so it's no slight to him if things beyond his control slip some.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry I took offense, but the stuff on an internet message board (regardless of an actual Scosche rep being here) is still just "word on the street", as it's not official and even scoscheguy isn't guaranteeing when he'll get those first 50 out.

And in case anyone gets it twisted, I absolutely appreciate scoscheguy coming here and giving us more insight than anywhere else on the 'Net, but production timelines are notoriously difficult to pin down, so it's no slight to him if things beyond his control slip some.

watch out for the black helicopters!! trust nothing!!!

Old 03-16-2007, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
Guys guys stop fighting.He'll be collecting money and whatnot at the end of march.We still gotta wait a little longer.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Any new updates Scosche guy?

Old 03-22-2007, 12:54 PM
I feel like Cartman waiting for his Wii...lol

Old 03-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by rarc4
I feel like Cartman waiting for his Wii...lol
LOL,, that episode was funny.

Funny that alot of the Fit owners here are so demanding. They expect something made quickly as possible but don't realize that it takes alot of R&D to make a product. It takes time and money to make products.

So all you impatient bastards, go buy a pink dodge neon if you can't freakin wait!!!! or go find something else to do!

I'm patiently waiting for my din while I have other projects to work on.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by TomiGunz

Funny that alot of the Fit owners here are so demanding. They expect something made quickly as possible but don't realize that it takes alot of R&D to make a product. It takes time and money to make products.

So all you impatient bastards, go buy a pink dodge neon if you can't freakin wait!!!! or go find something else to do!

*slow clap*

Old 03-22-2007, 04:38 PM

Metra's kit is already available if it's that important to you.

99-7872 07 Honda Fit; Retains factory climate controls, removable oversized storage pocket, custom trim ring, recessed DIN opening, instruction manual, double-DIN or two single-DIN radios, all hardware to install, matched to factory dash;

Old 03-22-2007, 04:46 PM
I e-mail hime got this back
I will be out of the office from March 16th thru March 27th. If you need immediate assisstance please contact the sales line @ 800.363.4450. Thank you.

hope it soon i can wate for the kit to come out got my sony ready to go

Old 03-22-2007, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
I just called Scosche and ask them about the item. They said they will not get it in till end of April.
They also said it was suppost to be in end of march but got push to end of April.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:44 PM
Metra's kit is already available if it's that important to you.
Metra's website doesn't have a picture of the Fit kit, but it does have a PDF of the instruction manual, which has a black and white photo, for anyone who's curious:

http://www.metraonline.com/_assets/m...NST99-7872.pdf

Aaron T.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:02 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster

If some of you read a few pages back, the Scosche kit is supposed to be better in quality.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:37 PM
plus cheaper if the "deal" goes through.. personally i'm still confident and patient.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:54 PM
If some of you read a few pages back, the Scosche kit is supposed to be better in quality.
According to the Scosche rep, it's of better quality. Hardly an unbiased opinion.

That said, the Scosche kits are of generally better quality than the Metras in my experience and that of a few friends. Thus, I'm willing to wait.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by hkronin
plus cheaper if the "deal" goes through.. personally i'm still confident and patient.
I'm sure the deal offered by Scoscheguy will go through.

However, the same stuff from Buy.com is $64 shipped. But you'll get it sooner directly via Scoscheguy for $76.

I didn't make the cut, or I'd have gladly paid a coupla bucks more to get the first run of kits.

Old 03-23-2007, 12:02 AM
i dont mind waiting a lil longer.. been 1 yr already another month is not going to kill me.....plus the longer i wait the cheaper the AVIC-D3 gets

Quick Reply: Scosche Honda Fit Kit closer than ever