Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Ominous Radio Problem....

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Exclamation Ominous Radio Problem....

i have had my fit since april 20th. it has about 17k miles on it (production number somewhere around 3600.)

yesterday something started occuring that really disturbed me... i turned off my car after a short jaunt and the radio stayed on for several seconds after i turned the car off... i opened the door, it stayed on... pulled the key out... it stayed on. so far, ever since then it has happened. every time i turn the car off. (the dome light stays on as well.)

i work in the used car business and typically problems like that are indicitive of a much larger electrical problem on the horizon...

anyone who has had an elecrtical problem knows that they are NEVER completly solved...

i am going to the dealer this week to get it looked at... but i have 2 questions:

1.) how many times does a problem have to recur before it can be bought back under lemon laws?

2.) has anyone else had this problem yet? (a search of the forums turned up nothing...)

i am quite worried about this and i hope it is no big deal, i really love my fit and would hate to have to trade it in for something else because of an electrical problem.

Old 01-23-2007, 12:55 PM
Eletrical problem isnt unheard of on Honda. Most of time cause by bad ground, faulty multiplex or control unit. I wouldn't worry about trying to get the car lemon just for that, dealer should be able to fix it.

I just replaced a driver side under dash fuse box(multiplex integrated) on a 06 civic with 3000 miles because the dome light wouldnt turn off. Simple fix

Old 01-23-2007, 01:43 PM
you're most likely right... in fact the ONLY problems i have ever had in hondas are electrical (living with chicago winters ALL cars have those...)

i don't mean to sound so chicken little, i just have these horrible flashbacks of a 98 oldsmobile my father had to force the manufacturer to buy back because of a problem that started out like this one...

if anyone else has experienced this, let me know, otherwise i will keep you updated on what the dealer says it is.

Old 02-01-2007, 09:21 PM
follow up...

so... if the problem wasn't weird enough to start with, it has ceased just as randomly as it started. my dealer was backed up and said it would be about a week before they could look at it, now the problem just spontaneously went away.

that's almost as strange as the issue with the car turning itself off just seconds after i turn the ignition. (though i had this problem in my old '92 si, didn't amount to much... even after 150k miles.)