Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

LED domelight on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 03:23 AM
5 Year Member
ok, sorry this took for ever, but i've been really busy with school (i'm taking winter session) and work. anywhoo, I tryed taking some night pics with my phone and you can't see anything cause camera phones sucks! I have a daytime pic but i'm not home at the moment, and i'll post it in the morning for sure. if you guys live near me then we could meet up somewhere and you can check it out for yourslef or you guys can wait till the next So Cal meet in Feb and check it out then.

sorry again for the really late response,
James

Last edited by JamesBizzle; 02-21-2007 at 03:08 AM.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:45 PM
if possible, i'd like to get some info about how your brother rewired the boards...if its not too hard, could you take a clean picture of the back of the board so i can see how he did it. since they're soldered in, maybe a diagram or just an explaination.

also wanting some pics of the lights in the car!

Old 01-14-2007, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by arsonall
if possible, i'd like to get some info about how your brother rewired the boards...if its not too hard, could you take a clean picture of the back of the board so i can see how he did it. since they're soldered in, maybe a diagram or just an explaination.

also wanting some pics of the lights in the car!
I got some pics this morning that arn't too great but thier all I have to work with...

pic of back of board. also, one of the two 101 Ohm resisters is located where the negtive wire (black) is connected on the bored and the other is to the left of the first one. there both black. I hope you guys can understand what i'm trying to say.

The metal where the wires are soldered at were bent to pinch and help hold the wires into place. The actual clips, where the original bulb is held at,were bent flat to make more room for the LED board to fit.

...and here it is double sided taped into place.

...here it in turned on...

... and how it looks durring the day with the cover put back on...

as for explaining how he did it, i really don't think I would be able to . you might want to ask one of the other members on here that have more experience with electronics. hope this helped.

Last edited by JamesBizzle; 01-15-2007 at 06:43 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:19 AM
5 Year Member
*Bump* for any So Cal members that will be attending the Krispy Kreme meet on the Feb. 27th (next tuesday) and that would like to see how bright the light output is.

Output is pretty bright; I get coments about it all the time,even from people outside the car. I'm still very happy with the product.

Old 02-26-2007, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
*BUMP*, THIS IS BASICALLY WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE BUT I GOT IT OFF EBAY.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/batt...unk-light.html