Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Yellow fog light vinyl film Installation, questions, answers

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 06:52 PM
yo i went to that site right and it came with the headlight too, but i just need the fogs. does it come separate?

Old 11-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Yes it comes separate, you have to call and ask for the fogs only.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Originally Posted by MarTT
Yes it comes separate, you have to call and ask for the fogs only.
Or you can just buy the yellow bulk sheets. I received a good amount for $20. Just had to cut them out myself which wasn't that difficult.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:22 AM
anybody still having problems with smoke? mine smoke every once and awhile but not all the time. there is no sign of burning or melting so thats good but i cant pin point what is the problem. i ordered kdo super yellows from theljnet.com to brighten everything up a bit and see if they still smoke with those installed and see if it changes the light output to more of what i want. if worse comes to worse im out 12 bucks and i have to redo it. no biggie. haha.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:37 AM
5 Year Member
The smoke or burning could be from either water/moisture is still trapped behind the film. Or you upgraded to higher watt bulbs that does burn the film.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
EDIT!!: People have been asking me where 2 get the lamin-x from. Well go 2 XPEL Technologies Corp.: Paint & Headlamp Protection Material By The Foot and order 2 4 x 6" sheets. Should cost you rougly $12 shipped. Xpel is another great company selling the film, just as good as lamin-x and i'm now running xpel on my car. Hope this helps!Kevin
Thank you very much for this info.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by danger69
The smoke or burning could be from either water/moisture is still trapped behind the film. Or you upgraded to higher watt bulbs that does burn the film.
i havent put the new bulbs in yet. they are still in shipping. i did the film almost three weeks ago so i would hope there isnt any moisture behind them. i did however let the car idle for 20 minutes last night, after an hour drive, to see if they were still doing it and they were hot as hell but didnt smoke anymore so i guess the problem went away on its own. haha. go figure.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:50 AM
Is it a waste if I get the yellow film PLUS yellow bulbs? The yellow film on oem bulbs don't seem to be yellow enough.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:24 AM
just ordered my film

Old 12-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by b4db0y
Is it a waste if I get the yellow film PLUS yellow bulbs? The yellow film on oem bulbs don't seem to be yellow enough.
i got my yellow bulbs the other day and they look awesome at night. the cutoff is really cool. they arent as bright as they were but they are more of the yellow look that i wanted. I did take a little bit more of the film off around the side cause i was worried about the heat tho but so far its working just fine. stick with a 55w bulb so you dont burn the film. i have heard from some of the civic guys around my area that they burnt theres on higher watt bulbs.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Good to know. Do you have pictures of your car with and without the yellow bulb? I'm curious to see the difference!

On the side note, is it just me, or the XPEL film Yellow/2007-2008 Honda Fit Sport Headlight Kit (H0227-YLW) cost $84, whereas the 4 by 6 inch film is only $7?

Old 12-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Good to know. Do you have pictures of your car with and without the yellow bulb? I'm curious to see the difference!

On the side note, is it just me, or the XPEL film Yellow/2007-2008 Honda Fit Sport Headlight Kit (H0227-YLW) cost $84, whereas the 4 by 6 inch film is only $7?
i dont have pics of them but i can do it this weekend to show the difference. i will pull one of the bulbs out and put the old in and do a side by side comparison.

im not sure if you are looking at the actual headlight kit or what but i would guess that that is what its for. the fog lights are only 7 but you can buy ones that are already cut out for a few bucks more if i remember right.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
i dont have pics of them but i can do it this weekend to show the difference. i will pull one of the bulbs out and put the old in and do a side by side comparison.

im not sure if you are looking at the actual headlight kit or what but i would guess that that is what its for. the fog lights are only 7 but you can buy ones that are already cut out for a few bucks more if i remember right.
Okay, that would be good idea. Hit me up when you get the pictures ready... can't wait to see them!

Yeah, I found the $7 ones, but I can't seem to find the pre-cut ones for the fog lights...

Old 12-06-2007, 11:42 PM
Okay, that would be good idea. Hit me up when you get the pictures ready... can't wait to see them!

Yeah, I found the $7 ones, but I can't seem to find the pre-cut ones for the fog lights...
heres the link for the pre cut ones. you have to get them from the 06 civic but they will work the same. its actually pretty easy to just cut them if you use kevins diy on page one. i had no prob with them. i will have the pics up of the fogs in a couple hours when i get home from work. hopefully it will still be dark enough to show the difference.

Lamin-x Protective Films - Online Store

Old 12-07-2007, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
heres the link for the pre cut ones. you have to get them from the 06 civic but they will work the same. its actually pretty easy to just cut them if you use kevins diy on page one. i had no prob with them. i will have the pics up of the fogs in a couple hours when i get home from work. hopefully it will still be dark enough to show the difference.

Lamin-x Protective Films - Online Store
Thanks for the link, I'm still deciding whether I should just cut it myself or get the pre-cut. Nonetheless, I'm excited to see those pictures!

Old 12-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the link, I'm still deciding whether I should just cut it myself or get the pre-cut. Nonetheless, I'm excited to see those pictures!
heres the pics i promised. first is driver side yellow and passenger oem.

second photo is both the yellow bulbs in.

third photo is the bulbs in the case side by side.

the camera sucks but there is a difference in person even though my crappy camera didnt pick them up. i tried getting pics of the cuttoff seeing that that is where you can really see but again the camera and me arent getting along. i know what im getting myself for christmas now tho. haha. hope the pics help.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:11 AM
Wow... you can hardly tell the difference from the pictures. But don't worry, I trust you when you say there's a difference in person! lol

Anyways, how much were the bulbs?

Old 12-08-2007, 02:50 AM
Wow... you can hardly tell the difference from the pictures. But don't worry, I trust you when you say there's a difference in person! lol

Anyways, how much were the bulbs?
i got them from theljnet.com and shipped i think they were $36. they were the ones from the free drawing last month. i didnt win but had to have them since i lost. haha.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:07 PM
i just got my film in today...
i'll be taking pics and installing this here in a min

i'm finishing my led key ring install w/pics right now

Old 12-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by GSRswapandslow
i just got my film in today...
i'll be taking pics and installing this here in a min

i'm finishing my led key ring install w/pics right now
Pictures of the film on your car?

Quick Reply: Yellow fog light vinyl film Installation, questions, answers