Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Headlight bulbs, Changing them and other questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 08:15 AM
replacing new blubs???HELP PLEASE

hiii..sorry ...i really need help on instrustions step by step how to install my headlight bulb....i pop the hood opened....then i dunno what to do...any expert can help me????? thx...i just wnana change the blub.....of my headlight...THXTHX

Old 03-28-2007, 09:57 PM
Unhappy How do dis asamble the damn head lights???

Yeah so today i got my u.tra blue lights bulbs=] but the question of the day is how to get to the freaking thing??? i cant take out light for some reason , and it is so hard to put your hand in there and take the stock bulb out and put other one in.....Anything??/please help=(

Old 03-29-2007, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
You have to go in through the front wheel wells. Check your manual and it'll explain it all.

Old 04-10-2007, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
took me a good 30mins to change my first set of bulbs! btw i have no experince what so ever. Very happy with my GE Nighthawk Sports =)

Old 04-20-2007, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
How to remove stock light bulb for the honda fit

Man, i'm getting impatient with this, I read the manuals and everything. I cannot stick my hand inside the fenders to remove the stock bulb, there's not enough space. Spent 40 minutes and got nothing done.

Anyways suggests anything ?

also, i cannot see anything, it's so dark

Old 04-20-2007, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
take your wheel off. sometime but will b alot easier

Old 04-21-2007, 03:28 AM
5 Year Member
You need longer arms or something, ive got big hands and i did it just fine, pop the 2 lil clips out, pry the liner down and shove your arm way up in there, you can see what you doing threw the crack between the fender and the hood. Just pull off the wiring connector, then pry off the big rubber dust boot, then unclip the metal wire clip and remove the bulb, be carefull not to get any grease on it or the new bulb, it will shorten the life of the bulb dramaticly.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Headlights

I'm getting H.I.D in a couple of days, and I'm wondering how do you take out the headlights to install the H.I.D. Thanks

Old 05-01-2007, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
It's best if you take the front bumper off first. That way you have room to mess around.

And it would be a lot better if you took the wheels off as well, as you have to access the headlamps underneath the wheel arches.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
is it an hid kit or a hid headlight? i've tried asking before if these came with hid's or is the only options kits, and never got an answer. good luck

Old 05-02-2007, 12:43 AM
Is there a correct way to remove the headlights though? I'll probably end up removing the bumper and the wheels anyway to make it easier but I just want to make sure if there was a correct way to remove the headlights (like which screws to unscrew and which clips to unclip).

s.gaspar: its a hid kit

Old 05-02-2007, 01:16 AM
I just got my HID kit installed yesterday by a mate.

Jack the car
Take the bumper off. There's like a billion clips u need to take off.
Take off the wheels
Unclip all the plastic bits around the wheels and bumper so you can access where the headlights are
Take out your headlight bulbs and the rubbery thing
Put in the HID bulbs and find a good place to mount the ballasts.. (the new jazz has hardly anywhere to put them..)

Coming from someone that knows nothin about cars! That's about all I know. I watched :P

Old 05-02-2007, 07:04 AM
5 Year Member
There's a small clip that holds the bulb in place. Just push it forward slightly and then lift it up.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by els2023
Which lasts the longest: PIAA, Sylvania, or Philips?

I am just about to buy the PIAA because it is a company I have heard of but does anyone know Which lasts the longest: PIAA, Sylvania, or Philips?
No one outlasts anyone else among those three. Bulb life will instead depend on what type of bulb you buy. You can buy an extended life bulb but it will be be dimmer than stock (within legal limits).

PIAA, Sylvania/Osram, and Philips all make very good bulbs -- some of the best. PIAA's stuff is high-quality but targets a different market than Philips and Sylvania. I would have loved to buy some PIAA's but they were just too expensive considering that they will absolutely not last as long as an uncoated bulb that puts out the same amount of light and costs half as much.

here's some good objective reviews of the H4/9003 bulbs, and more:
Car Search Results | Auto Express

The brightest stock voltage (55w) halogen type headlight bulb currently available is the Philips X-treme Power. It is not as white-looking as the PIAA's or other superwhite bulbs, but it puts out much more useable light. I could not find a distributor in the USA so i ordered mine from Powerbulbs in the UK.

Products | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express
New X-treme Power Bulbs Produce up to 80 More Light Than Standard Halogens, Advance
Bob Is The Oil Guy: Philips X-Treme Power in H7 and H4

Old 05-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by ucsmfu
Man, i'm getting impatient with this, I read the manuals and everything. I cannot stick my hand inside the fenders to remove the stock bulb, there's not enough space. Spent 40 minutes and got nothing done.

Anyways suggests anything ?

also, i cannot see anything, it's so dark
I found that if you open the hood you can use a shop light or flashlight to illuminate most of the light assembly from above while you work from below. On the side with the plastic rail thing you'll have to pop that off to shine the light in.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Originally Posted by Deivioncrx
You need longer arms or something, ive got big hands and i did it just fine, pop the 2 lil clips out, pry the liner down and shove your arm way up in there, you can see what you doing threw the crack between the fender and the hood. Just pull off the wiring connector, then pry off the big rubber dust boot, then unclip the metal wire clip and remove the bulb, be carefull not to get any grease on it or the new bulb, it will shorten the life of the bulb dramaticly.
Is it just me, or does this seem like an overly complicated setup to change a headlight? Everyone is going to have to do this sooner or later, so it just seems like Honda could have made this easier.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:01 PM
Changing the bulbs is not hard to do. I've done it twice, once during the day, and once at night. No frustration whatsoever, but my arms did get a little scratched up.

I only needed to pop out one clip per side as indicated in the owner's manual. There is plenty of room to work once you pull the wheel liner open far enough. I am very meticulous and cautious and it took me about 15 minutes per side. Most people can probably do it faster than me, maybe 5-10 minutes per side. If it were a speed test I would bet that I could do one side in less than 60 seconds (once the wheel was turned).

Last edited by Shoyu Burner; 05-21-2007 at 11:05 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shoyu Burner
Changing the bulbs is not hard to do. I've done it twice, once during the day, and once at night. No frustration whatsoever, but my arms did get a little scratched up.

I only needed to pop out one clip per side as indicated in the owner's manual. There is plenty of room to work once you pull the wheel liner open far enough. I am very meticulous and cautious and it took me about 15 minutes per side. Most people can probably do it faster than me, maybe 5-10 minutes per side. If it were a speed test I would bet that I could do one side in less than 60 seconds (once the wheel was turned).
well if your car is lowered then its a pain! taking off your wheel helps, not very hard tho if not lowered

Old 05-22-2007, 10:57 PM
Ahhhh, yeah i forgot about that. That would make things hard.... using the jack to raise the car at the lift point would help.

Old 06-10-2007, 08:48 AM
5 Year Member
changing headlight bulb question?

how do you go about changing the headlight bulb and turn signal on a
07 fit sport?

Quick Reply: Headlight bulbs, Changing them and other questions