Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

BROKEN FOG light lens questions and protections

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member
Interchange and film

All:

I had forgotten about this bit here too:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ht+interchange

Also, the yellow film I bought was a pre-cut for a Civic, and was cheaper than the Fit BTW.

Speaking of yellow, anyone else NOT happy at the yellow output, as in not yellow enough?

Old 07-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Spule 4
I thought JDM = Japanese Domestic Market....am I missing something here? The listing also says OEM (orginal equipment manufacturer) ....sounds like false advertising to me?

Yes, these sets may be worth watching for that very reason, hoping they mount in the same.
Sorry, let me re-state that. Anything that's not USDM or anything that is an aftermarket part is trying to be passed off as JDM on eBay. There's a lot of false advertising on eBay and most kids are gullable enough to actually think that a set of TYC "altezza" tail lights or black housed headlights are actually from Japan.

You are right to think that it is false advertising because those are definitely not JDM fog lights, otherwise they would be more than $66.

That's a good thread, but there's a problem with using that lexan. It's actually 2 layers with some sort of oil in the middle for UV protection or something. After a while they will look like this:

Club RSX Message Board)

I think the guy replaced them again and ended up turning them around with the UV side facing the bulb and hasn't had a problem. I was too lazy to read all the way through the thread, but for $20 and an hour of work (depending on your skill level), it's not a bad fix.

Last edited by timot_one; 07-04-2007 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by timot_one
Sorry, let me re-state that. Anything that's not USDM or anything that is an aftermarket part is trying to be passed off as JDM on eBay. There's a lot of false advertising on eBay and most kids are gullable enough to actually think that a set of TYC "altezza" tail lights or black housed headlights are actually from Japan.

You are right to think that it is false advertising because those are definitely not JDM fog lights, otherwise they would be more than $66.
I wondered about the headlights and dip. Had that issue with a set of headlights out of the UK many years ago, but there was a provsion for correction there. Fools and the money soon parted.....

Who will take first stab at one of these sets to see if mounting works???? I am waiting for 1A Auto or the like to start selling replacement crash parts. Bought a lot of headlights and replacement exhaust manifolds for customers from there.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:48 PM
I second that. Anyplace to get just the glass?

Old 12-26-2007, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
just installed my yellow bulbs. damn it was easy!

Old 02-09-2009, 08:31 AM
I just got back from a wedding which the trip was around 200 miles round trip and found one lens broken... so many expletives left my mouth with so many young ears around. Damn I'm so depressed. INVEST IN CLEAR PROTECTIVE LENSES!!!!

Old 03-14-2009, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
I'm planning on getting some Raybrig aftermarket foglights for my Base. How difficult do you guys think it will be to get the film on the lights. Since the lens surface is not completely flat. And is the xpel film the thickest film available? Raybrig R1000 Fog Lights (Hyper Yellow): Evasive Motorsports - PH: 626.336.3400, M-F 9am - 5pm PST

Old 03-24-2009, 04:28 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I have had my car for 9 Months, and I have fixed one fog light already, and now I washed my car and both housings are cracked. So now it officially has broken 3 fog lamps so far. I have never even broken 1 fog lamp on any car before, and to have 3 of them break in 9 months is retarded. Some faulty ass fog lamps, they don't even light anything up. The bulbs still work. Anyone know if the EBAY fog kits will fit the sport? it says base, but they look the same as the factory ones. I know quality probably sucks but they can't be any worse than OEM honda ones.

Or anyone find a better aftermarket housing or fog light? I may put them in the grille instead and get aftermarket ones. It's such a pain in the ass. Or do you guys think I can pop some fog light overlays and just leave the cracked lenses until they really break.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shaggs2Dope
I have had my car for 9 Months, and I have fixed one fog light already, and now I washed my car and both housings are cracked. So now it officially has broken 3 fog lamps so far. I have never even broken 1 fog lamp on any car before, and to have 3 of them break in 9 months is retarded. Some faulty ass fog lamps, they don't even light anything up. The bulbs still work. Anyone know if the EBAY fog kits will fit the sport? it says base, but they look the same as the factory ones. I know quality probably sucks but they can't be any worse than OEM honda ones.

Or anyone find a better aftermarket housing or fog light? I may put them in the grille instead and get aftermarket ones. It's such a pain in the ass. Or do you guys think I can pop some fog light overlays and just leave the cracked lenses until they really break.
thats what i plan on doing. I'm getting some yellow raybrig foglights to mount in the grille of the bumper for my Base. Less surface area to be hit by rocks. LOL. Than im gona get some clear film for them.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:29 PM
Question Ebay Fog lights from G FORCE USA

I have an 08 Fit Sport. It is 100% stock and I plan to keep it that way.

Regarding the EBAY fog lights, I would like to see if anyone has purchased a set of replacement fog lights from this company:

"G-Force USA"
Link:
eBay Motors: 2006-2008 HONDA FIT BUMPER SMOKE FOG LIGHTS FOGLIGHT 06 (item 350192404687 end time Apr-26-09 12:35:38 PDT)

Any input would be appreciated.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:16 AM
This looks like a pretty old thread, but I bought my Fit just a couple months ago and I already have a broken fog light lens. I was wondering if others have had this problem. Seems to me the fog light lens should be make fairly tough considering its location. From looking at the broken lens it does not seem all that thick.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:18 AM
It's not just the lens that can crack. I also had one of my plastic mountings break when a pheasant chose the wrong time to step out into the road. I was only doing 40mph :-/

Anyway last year we had bad snow and ice and I nudged one of my neighbour's cars. I ended up having to have the entire bumper cover replacing (modern cars, eh?) and I got them to remove the fogs and fit blanking plastic.

I might be finally replacing my Jazz next year now that Honda have reintroduced CVT (and across the entire range as well) but as ever it depends on my finances. If I end up going for a model with front fogs I'll check them very carefully.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:29 AM
I haven't looked closely yet but the lens is basically gone. The entire middle is busted out. The bulb is intact and works, so far anyway. So I guess have to buy a new one, so it probably doesn't matter if the mountings are broken too, but boy are they expensive. It doesn't help that they are basically brand new.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:35 PM
Honda make a nice car but some of the decisions are poor (possibly deliberately so I feel).

The fog lights on the UK 'Sport' model are a single unit with some plastic (basically a flattened, ellipsoid doughnut) trim that forms a raised bevel on the front. The bevel has two brackets on each side that poke through to the back of the bumper cover. From what I remember the inside of the lamp has an aiming adjustment bracket which screws onto a larger chunk of bevel. The other side of the lamp (outside edge) screws onto a suspiciously flimsy plastic 'finger'. The foglight and trim clamp the entire assembly into place.

My friendly (ha ha) dealer told me it would be at least an hour's labour (possibly two) and £400 for the lamp.

Last edited by AndrueC; 06-27-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:01 PM
My dealer cut me a break, while he said the damage is not covered by warranty, he did offer to replace it at half price. Originally he said $150 just for the part or $234 for them to replace it. When I told him they were only 2 months old he said they would replace it for $117. So I am going with that. The thing is I bought a new car because I don't like the unexpected repair costs with an older car. I need something dependable. But in the almost 3 months I have had this car I had to buy a tire at $150 because there is no road hazard warranty on them and now the fog light. It is getting expensive to drive a new car.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
I have been experimenting with covers: will get a better picture:Name:  P1040628.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  400.3 KB

Name:  P1040627.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  19.6 KB

Last edited by cjecpa; 07-13-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:02 AM
5 Year Member
Better pictures Name:  P1040641.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  149.7 KB

Old 07-14-2012, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cjecpa
I have been experimenting with covers: will get a better picture:

Plastic or metal? how is it attached?
thanks

Old 07-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Looks real clean.I'm going to check mine today for any damage.

Old 07-14-2012, 03:35 PM
why not just use headlight armor? Its super easy and you dont have to put a roll cage on your lights. lol

Quick Reply: BROKEN FOG light lens questions and protections