Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

silverstar "like HID" halogens

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
silverstar "like HID" halogens

First of all,l I wanna say replacing the bulb in the fit is VERY grueling. I have so many scratches on the forearm. For the fit, you change the bulb from under the wheel, not over the hood. and 99% of the time you can't see waht you're doing. You have to visualize with your hands and the manal

Anyway about the silverstar bulbs. I think its semi-false advertising. Their box label says "like HID" and show comparisons, and it is white in them. The bulbs are semi-blue, so they come out very bright white. When there is light around, it looks yellow, which sucks.

When the light is intense, it is very yellowish. As the light travels farther, it looks more and more white. However, i still am not happy cuz on-gong traffic that look at my lights will see yellowish lamps, not white. I'm only semi-happy. It wasn't as white/blue as I'd like. Only 4000kelvin. I think true white is 5000-5500K

Old 03-21-2007, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
With Sylvanis Silverstars, you had better get used to changing them often. I recommend GE Nighthawks.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:29 PM
4300K is true white. As Kelvin temp gets higher the color goes from blue to purple...

I don't care what anyone says, no halogen will represent a Xenon HID at all.

Old 03-22-2007, 04:40 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by StormSilverGD3

I don't care what anyone says, no halogen will represent a Xenon HID at all.

AMEN! I will never have halogens on my cars again. I would still like to do a retrofit on the fit headlamps now that I have a extra Set.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
AMEN! I will never have halogens on my cars again. I would still like to do a retrofit on the fit headlamps now that I have a extra Set.
how expensive is it to "join the HID club?" And does it take a lot of skill? I do know a car tuner, but i wanna know if this is something ic an do myself w/o bothering him.

Also, I know the fit's hood is cramped. Can the HID gear fit inside?

Last edited by Gordio; 03-22-2007 at 11:23 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:20 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gordio
how expensive is it to "join the HID club?" And does it take a lot of skill? I do know a car tuner, but i wanna know if this is something ic an do myself.

Also, I know the fit's hood is cramped. Can the HID gear fit inside?
My HIDs were $250. Ive seen some really cheap on honda tech. Altho $250 is a good price for a bi-xenon kit. Anyways The install took me probably an hour from start to finish including removing the front bumper to hide the ballasts in the bumper area. I also did Ezekielwh0re's for him. Even if it is your first time it is extremely easy to do. Probably a 4 out of 10 the DIY difficulty meter (if you decide to hide the ballaset).

Old 03-22-2007, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
My HIDs were $250. Ive seen some really cheap on honda tech. Altho $250 is a good price for a bi-xenon kit. Anyways The install took me probably an hour from start to finish including removing the front bumper to hide the ballasts in the bumper area. I also did Ezekielwh0re's for him. Even if it is your first time it is extremely easy to do. Probably a 4 out of 10 the DIY difficulty meter (if you decide to hide the ballaset).
How hard is it to hide it? is it a matter of figuring out where to nail it? meaning, when someone in the net figured it out already, just copy him and skip the guesswork?

i hadn't worked cuz of bad luck. But once I start working, maybe ill save up for a HID.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:43 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
its extremely easy to hide the ballasts, it just requires removing the front bumper which takes a little more time.

Old 03-23-2007, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
Here is a good read:

Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

Interesting lighting comments, especially the blue white stuff V true HIDs.